Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Crosspeice posted:

Each give you a selection of decks you can build, with the different symbols indicating how much of your current deck you can put towards it? I guess? Well we won't be bothering with any of these archetypes, there's some interesting ideas, sure. But this game thinks a good deck consists of 25 different Pokemon, 2 Bill and split energy. loving trash!
IIRC, Circle means "you can build this right now", the dotted-X thing is "you can build this from your current collection if you dismantle one or more currently assembled decks", and the X with the number is "you are missing NUMBER cards to build this in your current collection"

I played this game far too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sorites posted:

I wonder if anyone ever ran a deck that auto lost to Mr. Mime and got away with it because who would expect that.

Or does competitive Pokemon have side decks?
It does not. And matches are best of one. Because that's fun.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Level Seven posted:

Top cuts at tournaments at least go to best 2-of-3 matches with some time rules that I don’t care to remember
Yeah I think the top 8 or 16 or whatever they cut to (can you tell I'm a Magic player with the instinctive 8 and the username) does have something resembling sane, it's not an unreasonable time limit and it's bo3.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

werbear posted:

That post-game sure is something. A hidden fortress where the souls of card game players are held captive is pretty metal (and stupid but that's par for the course with card games, it seems).
Since he is a joke opponent I wonder what crimes Toby committed to be imprisoned there...

Thanks for the LP, it was a trip.
Toby knows what he did.