Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

For something simple and effective you could do a Hitmonchan and Mewtwo (Promotional) haymaker-style dealie, I had fun with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Sorites posted:

Oh, the slap fights I'd have with my sister about whether Double Colorless counts as both discards for Fire Spin.

It doesn't.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Chamale posted:

Maybe they should have given Blastoise three Water moves, like every kid's starter Pokemon.

Water Gun, UUU, 30

Surf, UUUU, 40

Hydro Pump, UUUUU, 50

The card game is actually pretty consistent in that, while the powers and costs of attacks may change, the special effects of a move with a certain name will generally be the same across different cards. Surf is a vanilla attack, water gun and hydro pump both do extra damage from having more water energy than needed.

The Golux fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 2, 2019

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

for all the nobody who asked, ッ (which is a small ツ) has no pronunciation of its own but doubles the consonant following it so it's the difference betwen カタ Kata and カッタ Katta or ササ Sasa and サッサ Sassa. At the end of a word it's just, like, a glottal stop?

When it's not small it's a "Tsu"

...so how about them pokeymans cards?

The Golux fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 11, 2019

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Chatrapati posted:

Now imagining Mintoッ with a geordie accent.

I started playing the sequel when Crosspeice started this thread. The ability to draw in this game is just stupendous; I've been able to go through half of my deck in the first turn and I bet there are even better and more efficient ways to do it than the ways I found.

Yeah this is why they designated most of the cards that do that "Supporters" that you can only do one per turn of in later sets.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Yeah most of the GRs don't seem particularly bad, especially on their own turf... They seemed more intimidating when they were on the other island.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Why would 3 Double Colorless Energies be cheating?

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Crosspeice posted:

Curses! The one place I never looked! Oh well mine is better.

Usually both parties follow the rules set, I'm not allowed to have DCEs in my deck, she refuses to battle you if so, but I guess that doesn't apply to her!

Oh, right, I forgot that that was an energy-restricted battle.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Man the GR Numbers were all just huge nerds in robes and masks.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Chamale posted:

I'd still love to see the Legendary Zapdos combo deck.

4 Legendary Zapdos
4 Legendary Articuno
3 Chansey
4 Bill
4 Professor Oak
4 Computer Search
4 Item Finder
4 Scoop Up
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Mr. Fuji
4 Bill's Teleporter
4 Recycle
4 Poke Ball
4 Maintenance
4 Pokemon Trader
1 Here Comes Team Rocket!

You can't attack, but by scooping up and repeatedly replaying Zapdos, you should be able to win most games on the first turn.

Wait how does this work? Zapdos does damage on play, is that all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Hamlet and Parsley