Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!
It's a shame that Porygon sucks because its weakness-changing attack sounds pretty cool. Practical, probably not (though I guess it can force your opponent's Pokemon out, maybe, if they don't want to get nailed with a weakness), but cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

rick stop acting like seto kaiba

edit: also Imposter Professor Oak is definitely only marginally better than Imakuni?. I guess if you know your opponent has a card that would want to be used but hasn't played yet that can disrupt them?? but "shuffle their hand into the deck" definitely ruins it

LiefKatano fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Nov 7, 2019

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

why is Ronald the only one with a real life American card back in his art when everyone else has a more stylized version of the Japanese back

this annoys me and weirds me out more than it should

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

is Minto the reincarnation of an ancient pharaoh that Villichi's family had the task of looking over the tomb of or what

...more seriously, is the Card Pop! you get from Ronald fixed or is it an actual, honest to god random Card Pop!?

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I'd guess the difference is that you can't really stop Kadabra from appearing in the main games for most of their lifespan. It was in Ruby and Sapphire, sure, but that got released before the softban (2002 in Japan vs. 2003's Skyridge/2002 for the Japanese counterpart sets), and from then on you could transfer it forward. ...Granted, they could maybe try to not put it in almost every regional dex if it's such a problem, though it doesn't appear super-often as a wild encounter (Shows up in Gen IV and Let's Go as a wild encounter. Notably, you can get an Alakazam as an in-game trade in White 2... completely skipping over Kadabra in the process). And, again, it'd have to crop up anyway for the National Dex (pre-Sun and Moon).

It isn't in Sword and Shield, for what it's worth, and you can't stop it from evolving with an Everstone (and it's the only Pokemon that does so).

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I'll suggest Dark Machamp.

No idea where to go from there, but its second attack seems neat, so!

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

These guys are oddly upbeat for you stopping their takeover.

And doing so successfully.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

Blaze Dragon posted:

A fire pig and a grass monkey, you say? Well, if my Pokemon knowledge doesn't fail me, the latter would be a Grookey at least.

Also it was fun seeing the story mode of a game that never left Japan. I do like the silliness of it all, though I feel that last tournament really breaks the flow of the story. "You can finally face the big bad!...as soon as you get these four cards first", it just makes the Elite Four here look like assholes since they were victims of Team GR but they still refuse to actually help.

Yeah, it does seem... weird. "Hey, thanks for freeing us, but you have to defeat us in a card tournament again before you can reclaim these cards that are, legally, yours!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

Hamlet and Tristian