Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
It's really epic, I'm wrapping up day 3 and feeling pretty good about my progress so far and just uncovered some pretty wild loving leads. I'll probably replay it almost immediately, just from skimming other posts about it I've seen so many mentions of sidequests and NPCs that I have no clue about at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

This and what elf butt said can't both be true so what's the big idea. Is my post correct or not.

It's not really like a telltale game, more like an open ended point and click adventure with stats and equipment and a character sheet and stuff. There are skill checks and dice rolls but no combat system. Basically you make a character and choose your starting stats and one of 24 skills to be your "signature skill" and then have to solve a murder mystery and have a lot of ways to go about it-- much much less linear than a Telltale game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

Yeah the lore is for sure there (especially if you have high intellect/encyclopedia skills), but it’s not like you have to actually know any of it. The world-building in general is top loving notch.

Shivers also seems to be a very important skill for the lore fiend

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

I completely neglected that tree with my game. Really looking forward to another playthrough already.

drat yeah I basically rolled a Dale Cooper with high Shivers and Inland Empire and Im like doing astral projection over radio waves and poo poo.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Arguing with my partner over who gets which leather jacket

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Average Bear posted:

Ok c'mon if I'm gonna drop 40 big ones this game better not be all GBS epic alcoholic humor.

The humors good and I'd say it's more a serious game with some funny bits than it is a funny game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

- Man who spelled "wanted" wrong

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

American McGay posted:

Are you more of a PISSFART or a gently caress THE WORLD kind of guy?

You have gained 5 inquisitor XP

it's PISSFAGGOT, don't be purposefully dense

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Part of the ending made me tear up and it was while the cable guy was here putting in internet and I felt like the worlds gayest loser and had to go run into the bathroom and get my poo poo together lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Dude... are you crying because of the cows?

*looks around to make sure american mcgay isnt reading* It was because of a bug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004