Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
Voting in favor of the Renegotiation of Feudal Contracts Policy.

Also, I propose a Directive to start calling Caliph al-Mustazhir "The Lily-Livered." Mostly just to irritate him.

MaxieSatan fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

using my two votes in favor of the Heirs In True Christian Heritage Policy

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Erwin the German posted:

: As I said in my opening statements, the improvement of our military infrastructure must be an absolute priority if we are to bring the light of Christ to this most holy of places. Though we are surrounded by strong veteran soldiers, we will for the time being ever find ourselves in need of more able men. Therefore, I propose the following Thousand Blades Policy be considered in order to safeguard us against the hordes of heathens soon descending upon us.

- The Marshal shall be dispatched to train new soldiers in Jerusalem.
- The Steward shall be dispatched to oversee the construction of new barracks throughout the Kingdom, starting in Jerusalem and moving as needed to other ducal capitals.
- When a reasonable surplus of coin is on hand (200 gold or higher), a new barracks shall be built starting in Jerusalem and then, using Kingdom funds, in the capital baronies of the other duchies. If, using your own funds to have done so, a barracks is already made, another military improvement shall be paid for instead.

I will Support our King's Thousand Blades Policy with my single vote, as we must gain the upper hand over the Saracens, lest we be driven out of the Holy Land before our Kingdom has found its footing!

I would also like to submit a Directive that the noble knight Claude von Riegan is appointed Master of the Hunt. His skill with the bow is legendary, and surely he is foremost among our number in that capacity.

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 24, 2019

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Zikan posted:

Renegotiation of Feudal Contracts

Honorable Lords,

As the bastion of Christendom within the Holy Land, we stand here in the glory of the One True Faith. Already the infidels bear upon us, united in taking Jerusalem from us.

While feudal contract states that only a certain amount of soldiers be provided to the Kingdom of Jerusalem , such contracts were written for the world of Europe, where they do not have to deal with being on the frontier of Christianity.

Therefore I propose that my fellow lords vote to increase vassal obligations for Nobles so they provide more levies. For what good is keeping your personal fiefdom if our bastion of Christianity falls to the invader?

I fully commit my vote and my men to this proposal.

As one of the largest vassals of this kingdom, I shall generously give three of my votes towards this proposal to defend Christendom.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I, Galdemar of House Carpanel, Chancellor of Jerusalem and Count of Hebron, am voting in support of the following:

War Economy: Two votes
Heirs In True Christian Heritage: Three votes

These are the preliminary priorities that I feel help get me out of the country before the jihad hits strengthen our fledgling kingdom from the heathens surrounding us.

E: changed vote

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Oct 26, 2019

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
Using my ONE (1) VOTE for the Heirs In True Christian Heritage act. For the good of Christendom the king will have to start dating again!

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
I, Serighe of House Ugunale, do vote as follows:

One (1) vote for the Thousand Blades Policy.
One (1) vote for the Women's Status Law
One (1) vote for Heirs In True Christian Heritage

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I, Aubry support the Kingdom at War Act with my humble one vote

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 25, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Apologies, my King, but as Steward, in my professional opinion, I feel our money and my time is better spent assisting in the tax collection and building up a reserve fund. I'm humbly embarrassed that I don't have a proposal of my own to put forward, but I'll put forward one(1) vote of support for the following proposals:
Change the Realm Laws From Traditional Status of Women to Marginal Status of Women
Heirs In True Christian Heritage
Minor Courtier Relations Directive

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 24, 2019

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Wait, the OP isn't the king?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

I may be nothing more than a simple piratefisherman from Nafarroa turned crusader, but I know that if we wish to have the people fight for us, we must make them love us. And what better way to make them love us than to make their lives better, even the ones who are normally left out.
I, Pilaf Thermidor, a mere courtier, put my One (1) vote towards Change the Realm Laws From Traditional Status of Women to Marginal Status of Women! as proposed by the good Fucker!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

GunnerJ posted:

Wait, the OP isn't the king?

Nope. That wouldn't work because we're an elective monarchy. So after Baldwin dies, it's possible that other Dukes are named King instead of his dynastic heir.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Hashim posted:

Nope. That wouldn't work because we're an elective monarchy. So after Baldwin dies, it's possible that other Dukes are named King instead of his dynastic heir.

Oh right, makes sense. Does whoever's got the throne help writing your in character posts? Sorry if this was explained elsewhere!

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
I provided some basic points that I'd surmised from the character's traits and his opinions of various other characters for gameplay purposes, but it's all pretty much in line with how Hashim would have roleplayed him anyway.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Edelgard, Matriarch of the house of Hresvelg, supports the Women's Status Law.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I place my 1 vote behind the renegotiation of feudal contracts law proposal. I have no men to levy, but I'm sure many others won't mind the sacrifice. It's all for my our common protection of His Land, after all

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

GunnerJ posted:

Oh right, makes sense. Does whoever's got the throne help writing your in character posts? Sorry if this was explained elsewhere!

Sure, Erwin's been using discord to let me know what he wants with the character, and since I'll be roleplaying the King's traits, that's largely what I'm going off on.

And its no problem, ask me anything that seems confusing.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
I, Giyorgis Zemenfes, thank the Crown for recognising my credentials from his Royal Majesty Kedus Harbe of Abyssinia. I also appreciate you not sending me back there after that other emissary came by: I'm not entirely sure what the Untouchable Lion thinks I have done, but I definitely didn't do it. At all.

I propose the Minor Courtier Relations Directive:

The Haute Cour,

Recognising that many of the minor nobility of the Kingdom have arrived recently in the Holy Land without family or local political connections;

Acknowledging the numerous hardships entailed in long-distance travel to the City of Christ;

Requests the assistance of the Crown in the arrangement of marriages for courtiers of unlanded dynasties.

This Directive's scope is limited to courtiers from houses which hold no land in the Kingdom who are:
- of twenty-five (25) years of age or more;
- in good legal standing;
- and with no living legitimate issue.

Courtiers may decline such arrangements.

I also cast my one vote for the Women's Status law.

Obliterati fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 24, 2019

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Joseph Surcouf, a crusader in rough armor decorated only by blasts of sand from the desert and a badge of the cross on the right shoulder of his tunic, raises his hand and forwards his 1 vote in support of the Kingdom at War law as well as his general support for the Minor Courtier Relations Directive.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 25, 2019

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

: Let it be known that I am in support of the Minor Courtier Relations Directive.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I, Count Guy, am proposing my A Kingdom Without Feasts Is No Kingdom At All Policy.
-Every year, the king shall call a feast unless he is actively campaigning with the army.

I feel this gives enough leeway, given our current situation. Anyway, the other laws and proposals all seem fine. Whatever you all think is best, really.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
I shall cast my one vote in favor of Renegotiation of Feudal Contracts.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
From The Honorable Count of Tripoli, Fakhr (the Fucker) Ammar
: The House of Ammar supports the Minor Courtier Relations Directive, so long as they stay away from our daughter, What's Her Name. She's meant for LANDED gentlemen.

: The House of Ammar further casts its third and final vote FOR the Prince of Tripoli's The Kingdom at War Policy, which is a change of this vote and which can be found further down the thread.

: The House of Ammar regrets that this does not leave us a vote available for Feast AgendaTM, but please do invite us whenever one is in the offing. We can bring our famous family hummus!

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 25, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
From The Honorable Count of Tripoli, Fakhr (the Fucker) Ammar
: Eligible bachelors and bachelorettes of the Kingdom! The fruit of my loins wants to meet YOU! I have four eligible adult children, and they are eating me out of house and home!

- My heir, the Cheerleader! A man who can spin straw into gold, and don't you doubt it! I've asked the king to make him a match, so if you want to get him, ladies, you better make your move fast!

- My eldest, and my only daughter! What's Her Face is beautiful, no? She would make a wonderful match for any of the currently unmarried counts, dukes, and princes. Why, I think she took quite a fancy to Tancred at the last feast!

- My second son, So and So! A perfectly average lad, of a wonderful family with deep roots in the community!

- The Ugly One! Please don't make my youngest join the church, he'd make a terrible priest.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Lords and Ladies, I am but a simple courtier with no combat skills, military resources, or allies to speak of. In the interest of self-preservation, I would like to present the following policy to the Haute Cour: the Cour Order on Wartime Activities and Responsible Defense. Its provisions are simple and straightforward:

- Park our spymaster in nearby enemy territory so our king can see incoming troops
- Avoid direct combat whenever possible, focusing instead on retaking territory when it has been seized by the enemy
- Seek a White Peace with our enemies as soon as possible

Join me in supporting this common-sense policy. While we might not see a better tomorrow, we'll at least see a tomorrow.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Gentlemen of the court, franks and fakirs alike: as your esteemed but unofficial emissary from the empire of the Romans, I wish to give my votes to the proposal to change the status of women from traditional to marginal.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

From the office of Father I'm, of House Not Saladin

My fellow Europeans, we all remember where we came from and how we got here, so there's no need to ask each other any detailed questions about it! In regards to the upcoming justly deser- I mean outrageous invasion of our territory, I think it's time we accept we're outnumbered and do the last thing they expect!

Policy: The "False" Conversion
The King shall immediately convert to Sunni Islam. Pretend to, that is. He shall publicly submit himself to Allah and recognize Mohammed (PBUH) is His prophet. This will halt the Jihad, and grant us time to build our strength, eventually, at some point, when the time is right, reveal ourselves as the very Christian people we are.

Additionally, the Father Not Saladin submits a Directive asking for he, a true member of the church, be issued robes that fit him and aren't covered in knife wounds and dried Italian blood. His blood, from the crusading we did.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Raimond de Toulouse, Prince of Tripoli, Marshal of Jerusalem

While I applaud the intent behind the Thousand Swords bill, I feel that it will be best utilized in peacetime- we can not afford to build barracks when the invaders are already upon us. I believe that our holy kingdom must adopt a general doctrine and build an infrastructure of war, not merely responding to whatever threat or opportunity is at hand, but being prepared for any and all eventualities. Therefore:

Law: The Kingdom At War

1. At all times, the royal treasury will remain at or above 500 gold, to give the king breathing room for the hiring of mercenaries and other wartime expenses. The crown will be allowed to dip below this number during wartime, and is authorized to take loans to keep mercenaries in the field.
2. The Kingdom will invite the Templars to serve as our vassals as soon as possible, and keep them by whatever means necessary.
3. The king is expected to maintain a retinue at the maximum strength available to him- composition is their prerogative.
4. The king must maintain at least one foreign alliance at all times, and if he does not have one, be in the process of obtaining one.
5. The king must build and maintain fortresses at key strategic points and in low supply areas of the kingdom- though construction of these forts is not to take priority over mercenaries or other necessities in wartime.

Lords of the Haute Cour, thank you for your time. I submit three of my votes for this law, two for the Renegotiation of Feudal Contracts, and one for Heirs of True Christian Heritage.

Lord Cyrahzax fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 25, 2019

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Edited to support Kingdom at War instead of Thousand Blades. More in line with what I wanted anyway.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I, Count Robert of Irbid, House of FitzWalter, hereby put 1 vote towards the Kingdom of War Act and 1 vote to Heirs of True Christian Heritage.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

: My marshal and good friend's reasoning is sound - were we not in war time, I would campaign more thoroughly for my own proposal, but for now I feel it best to temporarily shelf it after further consideration of our circumstances. My two votes previously for my own proposal shall hence forth go to the Kingdom at War Act, and I encourage those who were supporting my endeavors to do the same, and to remember their support for my proposal when times are better.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Not sure if we can join this late, but uh just give me a random courtier (I'm terrible at names).

Also, I had this exact idea for a legislative LP involving stellaris. Like, most of my OP has almost the same structure. I kept waiting for stellaris to finally get some good and fun external features though lol.

If I'm allowed to vote: One (1) vote for the Women's Status Law

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

I will shift my vote from the Thousand Blades proposal to the Kingdom At War Act, in line with the general opinion that it serves a better military purpose at this hour.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I will also shift my support to Kingdom at War.

Now excuse me while I go pack my bags to go find our king a blushing bride

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Alright man, I, Alexandre, support this totally cool proposal that is The Kingdom at War Act with my one vote. Hella good thinking Raimundo! A toast to you.

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.
I, the humble knight Hamelin cast my one vote in favor of the Kingdom at War Act, but hope we can sneak a celebratory feast in before the campaigning begins!

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Don't think I'm going to make a courtier character but I'm looking forward to reading this one from the sidelines. I'm creeping up on 1200 hours with CK2 and Jerusalem is one of my favorite starts -- there's something really appealing about trying to carve out a realm all alone surrounded by people who completely hate you. Armenia, Haesteinn of Nantes, Latin Empire and the later Iberian Muslim starts have the same vibes, but Jerusalem gives you a bunch of fun toys to play with, especially post-Holy Fury.

Remember not to shoot your wad too much defending against this Jihad because they usually come in pairs... :black101:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Most proposals are great, but a couple points on some of them -

Erwin the German posted:

Therefore, I propose the following Thousand Blades Policy be considered in order to safeguard us against the hordes of heathens soon descending upon us.

This one's solid, but for the last point, it would be much simpler to just say -- "construct a barracks in Jerusalem". Adding the other capital duchies is possible, but if this proposal passed then I would still have to construct barracks in Galilee and Tripoli despite being at war and likely being stint on gold for a couple years. So something to keep in mind for the future.

Rody One Half posted:

Policy: The "False" Conversion
The King shall immediately convert to Sunni Islam. Pretend to, that is.

This one's straight-up impossible, because the ruler's religion is his own prerogative. You could pass a law that forbids revoking titles from Muslims, and individual characters themselves could secretly convert to Sunni (our guy certainly won't), but you can't actually legislate him into converting.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Law: The Kingdom At War

This proposals combines too many aspects of policies and laws, mostly your 5th point being at fault.
Because it's technically an action (construct this building), it would have to be categorised as a Policy. Also it's very broad and nonspecific, and since Jerusalem is a thin country, I could end up sinking hundreds of gold into trying to implement this one point.
Also for point 3, we don't actually have any holy orders vassalized, we have to pass a Decision to make that happen (see here, and I've also mentioned it on the game mechanics infopost). If you want to do it, it would have to be as a Policy.

So point 3 and point 5 would have to removed from this law, and submitted as separate policies.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 25, 2019

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

So just to clear things up a bit:

Policies are ways of accomplishing short-term actions, such as Arranging Marriages or Declaring Wars or Constructing Buildings. They also have to be aimed at accomplishing a single goal.
On the other hand, Laws are more ways of limiting the powers of the King, such as in-game Laws or a law that mandates that all prisoners be executed etc. If you're not sure about what constitutes a policy or law, just say so and I'll let you know.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Obliterati posted:

I propose the Minor Courtier Relations Directive:

I cast my 1 vote for the Minor Courtier Relations Directive.