Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
I'll take this guy if he's available Evrard of House Brienne, COUNT of Beersheb — unclaimed.

i81icu812 fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Now soliciting icon design submissions for the Pretty Borders Faction

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Three votes in favor of the Heirs In True Christian Heritage Policy

Gonna be a real short-lived kingdom if we spend all our money on barracks and don’t get any help

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Frionnel posted:

In celebration of the first successful session of the Haute Cour, i've called a great mapmaker from Bragança that came in my entourage, and comissioned a map.
I hope this can help those not familiar with this holy land to locate themselves.

(If people like this i'll try to keep it updated, but i make no promises)

The cartography is beautiful but the underlying geographical reality is an affront to the natural order

Now that the immediate existential threat of the jihad has passed it is time for the Pretty Borders Faction to take an active role in guiding the Kingdom

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

i81icu812 posted:

The cartography is beautiful but the underlying geographical reality is an affront to the natural order

Now that the immediate existential threat of the jihad has passed it is time for the Pretty Borders Faction to take an active role in guiding the Kingdom

It appears it is too late to formally declare a new faction in time for this legislative session

Nonetheless I put forward the Border Rationalization Policy for the consideration of the Haute Cour:

-Prioritize conquering the provinces of Gaza that separate the southern reaches of the Kingdom from the coast during the current crusade against Egypt
-Prioritize the conquest of Tyrus (or whatever that county is) at the earliest safe opportunity to reconnect the constituent parts of the Kingdom

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
I, Count Gauthier, submit three (3) votes in support of the Border Rationalization Policy

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Ummm. My hyperlinked character profile changed to a three year old.

:ohdear:

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
I support the war taxes directive.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Hashim posted:

You can submit a Law that makes specific monarchal regalia (crowns, sceptres, holy artifacts etc.) always belong to the elected King of Jerusalem. Basically like the Reichskrone and Lombardy Crown with the HRE.

Very good. House Brienne introduces the following legislation for the consideration of the Haute Cour.

A Law Regarding the Ownership and Disposition of Certain Holy Relics

NOW SUPERSEDED BY LATEST REVISION

i81icu812 fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 5, 2019

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Hashim posted:

Might want to specify which Relics. As it is, a cynical King might make use of your vague wording to sell a few artifacts that he considers not necessarily holy.

For the purposes of listing out the Relics, you're free to include 3 or more (since they're not technically clauses, just a listing).

A second version for your consideration.

A Law Regarding the Ownership and Disposition of Certain Holy Relics and Other Particular Artifacts

All Holy Relics within the jurisdiction of the Haute Cour are the sole property of the Kingdom of Jerusalem and always belong to the duly elected King of Jerusalem that he may protect and safeguard on behalf of the Kingdom.

- This Law applies to any and all Holy Relics or other Artifacts excepting those that can be equipped in the ‘weapon’ slot or the ‘torso’ slot.

- Additionally this Law applies to any and all Holy Relics or other Artifacts that can be equipped in the ‘ceremonial weapon’ slot.

- Additionally this Law applies to the Lance of Longinus, the Staff of Moses, and King David’s Sling and the exception regarding Holy Relics that can be equipped to the ‘weapon’ slot does not apply to these three named Holy Relics.

i81icu812 fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Nov 5, 2019

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Three votes for

A Law Regarding the Ownership and Disposition of Certain Holy Relics and Other Particular Artifacts

Holy Relics are the patrimony of all of Christendom and the Kingdom of Jerusalem must safeguard them as such. Barter away swords and armor if you must.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

i81icu812 posted:

A second version for your consideration.

All Holy Relics within the jurisdiction of the Haute Cour are the sole property of the Kingdom of Jerusalem and always belong to the duly elected King of Jerusalem that he may protect and safeguard on behalf of the Kingdom.

- This Law applies to any and all Holy Relics or other Artifacts excepting those that can be equipped in the ‘weapon’ slot or the ‘torso’ slot.

- Additionally this Law applies to any and all Holy Relics or other Artifacts that can be equipped in the ‘ceremonial weapon’ slot.

- Additionally this Law applies to the Lance of Longinus, the Staff of Moses, and King David’s Sling and the exception regarding Holy Relics that can be equipped to the ‘weapon’ slot does not apply to these three named Holy Relics.

Given the now very real and likely eventuality of both several Holy Relics as well as the newly crafted Crown Jewels of the Kingdom passing out of control of the duly elected king of Jerusalem

And the legislation of the previous Haute Cour sitting establishing now and forever that the holy city is the eternal capital of the Kingdom and above ownership by any mortal

I am compelled to reintroduce this legislation from the previous session that the cultural patrimony of the Kingdom of Jerusalem be properly protected for generations to come

i81icu812 fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 11, 2019

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Additionally, given the extraordinary interest in opening diplomatic relations with China last session and the dire threat we just managed to overcome on the battlefield a few scant months ago, I offer the Barbarian Pacification Act for consideration:

-Purchase the Sword of Mohammad from its lawful owner within the Kingdom for a fair price of one thousand (1,000) ducats

-Offer the Sword of Mohammed as a token of friendship to the Chinese Empire

-Request immediate Chinese military intervention to counteract the Seljuk threat that menaces the Kingdom

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
There’s no normal way to make holy Relics pass to the new king in an elective monarchy but Hashim suggested passing a law to do so. I’m assuming this is an identical custom event/console command.

Technowolf posted:

Also, I think you can only gift artifacts that originate in your dynasty, so even if we could buy the sword, we wouldn't be able to give it away.

Likewise this is something the console commands don’t care about.

https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Artifacts

https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/China

Anyway it’s a level 4 artifact which is exactly enough grace for a invasion request. The ‘likes christians’ thing is a potential bonus but not needed if the emperor dies tomorrow.

If something should happen to the king though... well there’s a reason the legislation requests immediate Chinese intervention.

i81icu812 fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Nov 11, 2019

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
We are about to go to war and a 19-year-old leads our armies? Surely there are better options...

Snipee posted:

I’m trying to figure out how Tancred just picked up both craven and unyielding defensive military leader traits. :psyduck:

My current thinking is that my glorious character is now really good at rallying the troops under his command to fight to the death specifically to enable his own cowardice from battle.

Oh. Right.

I love that Tancred the Cruel isn’t actually Cruel but is both Wroth and Craven so you could roll either a reckless charge or a timid advance.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Hashim posted:

-On the neighbouring Muslims in Cyrenaica, we can Claim the Shia Caliphate for someone who's currently in our kingdom, under Ascalon.

Cyrenaican Caliphate Conservation Act

-Grant this worthy claimant one (1) county in Egypt
-Press his claim for the Shia Caliphate
-Win war against Cyrenaica

We would then have the Shia Caliph as a member the Haute Cour and as a vassal within the Kingdom of Jerusalem, alongside the captain of the mamaluks

i81icu812 fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Nov 17, 2019

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Flesnolk posted:

Please clarify whether you intend this to be a policy or a law

This was mostly intended as a joke/model legislation since Hashim pointed out the CB, but if Hashim is okay with it as a viable policy, I've cleaned it up:

Hashim posted:

-On the neighbouring Muslims in Cyrenaica, we can Claim the Shia Caliphate for someone who's currently in our kingdom, under Ascalon.

Given the importance of fostering and preserving friendly ecumenical and interfaith relations as exemplified by the recent passage of the The Protections of the Jewish People and Other Minorities Act and in recognition of the dangers caused by the current strife with the Seljuk Caliphate to our east, I propose the:

Cyrenaican Caliphate Conservation Policy

-Temporarily refrain from distributing one (1) county from the King of Jerusalem's demesne until either one year has passed from the current date and the Kingdom is not at war OR until upon conclusion of any hostilities after a period such that the King or designated regent judges the Kingdom is again ready for war
-Grant Prince al-Amir Fatimid, or in the event of his untimely death another worthy claimant of the Fatimid family line, said county in Egypt
-Press his claim for the Shia Caliphate through force of arms

This Policy is to remain in force for 10 years.

The rightful Shia Caliph would then take his place as a member the Haute Cour and as a vassal within the Kingdom of Jerusalem. A friendly Shia Caliph would prevent any Shia jihads from being declared upon the Kingdom ensuring peace and prosperity for all for years to come.

Moreover the Caliph is still able to call jihads, however any lands gained would belong to the Kingdom

This can lead to... entertaining results

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/42bonz/what_do_you_do_when_your_infidel_caliph_vassal/

Additionally this is opportunity for religious conversion shenanigans with the caliphate down the line

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Snipee posted:

I am extremely interested in a post that would make full use of my martial knowledge and allow me to stay even further away from the front lines. Anyone who wishes to support this appointment will have my gratitude.

The good Prince is known through the land for his marital prowess unmatched by any other man of honor and I, Count Gauthier, am ecstatic to see veteran leadership step forward now in our Kingdom's time of need.

However, given the Prince's many talents, there is a further, weightier, position that the times call for his service. The Prince's virtuous eschewing of worldly ambition and his well-deserved reputation for fairness that prompted his to call for others to take up the position in his stead exemplify why the Kingdom should support Prince Tancred for Regent. As regent, the good Prince can put not just his martial knowledge but all of his many skills to use and can guide and advise our young monarch at his side from the great citadel in Jerusalem.

i81icu812 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 17, 2019

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Hashim posted:

With the session now closed, there was some discussion on whether the restriction on faction members (only able to support proposals submitted by their own faction) be lifted.

It would make it easier for cross-party deals to work out, but also lessen the influence of independents, I feel like, so I'm in two minds about it. If most people want it to be changed though, I'll definitely consider it.

What exactly are you trying to encourage with the rules?

The past couple of sessions have been pretty dull with party bloc voting and no real changes between factions

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Hashim posted:

Open conflict even erupted between two lords, the Prince of Ascalon and Count of Beersheb, with the latter forced to submit as a vassal after a vicious battle in the desert.

Help help I'm being repressed

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Hashim posted:

It was pointed out he was conquered in the last session, so is no longer a direct vassal of the king. The directive has been stricken from the records.

Help help I’m being repressed

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

QuoProQuid posted:

Pouring one out for Gauthier Brienne

On the bright side, two people got the + move speed leadership trait from our Chinese advisor so we have a fighting chance to run away long enough for Chinese intervention

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Do exiled characters count as eligible for council positions?

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Let’s see what happens with some new people running the Cour.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

QuoProQuid posted:

Esteemed colleagues, I am proud to submit a new act before the Haute Cour on behalf of the Shangqing School. Let this piece of legislation be the start of a thousand years of harmony and peace.

致敬哲宗帝法 (A Respectful Greeting to the Emperor Zhezong)

Expressing our profound appreciation for the wise and benevolent rule of Zhao Zhezong, Son of Heaven, Emperor of the Middle Kingdom,

Bearing in mind that the Son of Heaven is now threatened by foreign hordes and traitorous eunuchs who threaten to undo the friendship between China and the Jerusalemite Kingdom,

We, the Haute Cour, do hereby call upon the King of Jerusalem to:

1. Immediately travel to Bianjing to kowtow before the Emperor Zhao Zhezong and to profess his undying support for the emperor and his Christ-loving ways;

2. Deliver a message to the emperor and his courtiers that all members of the Song court—including the Son of Heaven and his family—are welcome within the Jerusalemite kingdom and shall receive eternal protection from barbarians, bandits, and other enemies; and

3. Use his remaining grace with the emperor to request the guidance of the Emperor's advisors (e.g. master engineers, strategists, and physicians), so that the Kingdom of Jerusalem might be readied for His Eminence or his representative.

Let us cultivate peace amongst our neighbors to prevent quarrels.

To be clear is this designed to use up all remaining grace as a hedge against un untimely change in dynasty in China? Might be worth spelling out what to request from China.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Mirdini posted:

2.5ish hours remain in the session.

Lots of movement this round

Three votes for more feasts

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I would like to vote Aye on the Chinese Guys getting married directive. all my other votes stay the same

Sure let the Chinese dudes get married. One more vote

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
I withdraw from the sssc

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Luhood posted:

Wouldn't that just be the Parti Du Roi though? Focusing on centralising and strengthening the realm, ensuring everyone under the King's rule is of equal status, a focus not on endless warfare against the infidels but on securing the hold on what we already have.

EDIT:

With that said however, I don't see much point in being an independent with a fancy flag. I also realize my goals overall might overlap somewhat with what the PRC have become. As such I Retract my membership in the Parti du Roi and thus officially end the party. I subsequently join with the Pro Regno et Civitate, seeing how their interest in building up the power of the realm as a whole overlaps with my own.

I like fancy flags

I’m joining the Parti du Roi

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

I hereby reconstitute the PdR as the Parti du Rome, dedicated to the cause of the Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, and to the advancement of the Church. The flag is fine as it is.

(Is it du Rome or de la Rome, French is confusing)

i81icu812 fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 1, 2020

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Five votes for Liberation of Jaffa from Anti-Jerusalemite Division Act

Jaffa is an affront to pretty borders and this must end.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

For whatever its worth I am more than happy to pursue a diplomatic mission to Abyssinia should the Cour and the King wish it

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Why does the chaste, wifeless, grandmaster of the knights have a daughter?

i81icu812 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 20, 2020

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Has the German antipope succeeded in usurping authority from Rome yet or does the HRE need to blob a bit more? Where is the German antipope calling home these days anyway?

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Hashim posted:

Oultrejordain is control by Muslims, as are two sheikhdoms in Sur and Safed. We've got de jure claims on pretty much everything they hold.

Pretty Borders Act of 1140

Press claims on Oultrejordain, Sur, and Safed at the earliest time it is deemed safe and prudent to do so. This policy has a duration of ten years.

i81icu812 fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 21, 2020

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I don’t know, why don’t you shut the gently caress up and mind your own business?? :nyd:

Also what the gently caress does a cowardly, content, chaste, humble, zealous hedonist even do for fun?

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Once more with feeling directive

Send the spymaster to steal technology in Constantinople

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Three votes for the noblest of causes, Pretty Borders

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Once More With Feeling Directive: Aye
Appoint Alberto II d'Este as the Spymaster: Nay

Adbot