Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

TheLoneStar posted:

Yeah, I know about that. I've been selling any weapon I get that I don't plan to use. What are tiers, though? When do they come into play?

Don't they also give a recommended level when you start a mission? Isn't that what the "LV. X" is when selecting a level?

Weapon tiers are mostly unlocked through Adventure Mode, though I don't think you start unlocking them until the second or third map. Higher tier weapons just have a higher base and per-star damage, the moves stay the same.

Yes, the Lv. X listed on the campaign screen is the expected level for the mission. It goes up by about 4 per level most of the time.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

No, I think that's basically just a comparative measure of each mission's difficulty relative to other missions of its type.

He's talking about the main campaign, not Adventure Mode maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Phantom Ganon is actually pretty annoying if you aren't overlevelled. He has two phases, in the first he hangs out at long range and you have to hit the energy balls he shoots back at him to stun him, and then once he closes in you need to hit him in the back several times to reveal his weak point. The second phase especially is tricky, since he teleports around so much and tends to go for back attacks himself.