Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Can't say I expected this to get a thread on SA, but sure as hell can't say I mind, either.

Also seconding the glory of Dik Dik van Dik. Even when I forgot Ultimate Muscle, a part of me remembered he was a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Blaze Dragon posted:

I wish more series did the same honestly. Let the jobbers have a chance at the spotlight too.

I mean, hasn't that been Revival in general? Hell, they gave my boy Black Hole two whole matches. Two!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Hence why I said "more series". It's insane how good Kinnikuman has been about giving minor characters the spotlight since it returned. Hell, the titular character himself has gotten pretty sidelined, with the big bad matches usually being done by others (like Justiceman this arc or The Man before) which is unthinkable in shonen.

Oh, I know. I just found it funny Brocken Jr was the example when far more minor characters from every arc but Neptuneman's have been getting a ton of spotlight. I mean, for crying out loud, Wolfman and Big Body got their Ws this arc!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Between the oneshot and those manga panels, I honestly forgot just how much of Kinnikuman really is just about pure, wholesome love.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I love that they reconcile his gag character origins with his modern status by just establishing that the poor guy has insane imposter syndrome. He went from the ha ha funny fart man to a man who stands against gods on the regular, and it turns out that kinda wreaks havoc on your psyche!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Pretty much! Dude spends the early half of the series on the alignment roller coaster and then just takes a hell of a chill pill offscreen.