Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I agree that Welkin and Alicia wouldn't sit by like this, but its such an absurd scenario that it might as well be an alternative universe or something. Nice to see the two of them again, though! I quite enjoyed those two, pretty rare for anime characters to actually end up together! They're usually stuck in will they/won't they purgatory!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

It's so easy to do with video games, because their stories are so often awful.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Pretty weird to have a lancer unit attack you when you don't have a tank.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The Flying Twybil posted:

The enemy AI will do it sometimes if it thinks it's going to be a good idea- I imagine it's goal in this case was to get my unit out of crouching... but that probably should have been done before it got all of its units killed trying to hit a crouched Marion. I find it only more peculiar that it was a yellow helmet unit that attacked given they're usually very cowardly and just tend to hide.

If the AI started with the lancer and still made that ridiculous shot, Marion probably would have got taken down by the shocktrooper.

I meant more as in the "story". The rebel army makes some questionable decisions.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

So, you keep saying you never use orders. Were they super nerfed in this game? Because they're absolutely bonkers overpowered in VC1 and VC4.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Ah! Nerfed to oblivion, then. I'm glad they eventually came to their senses.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Nice to see a Nadine shoutout, I liked her. She was the only Engineer that wasn't crazy.

Also, I'm thankful for the LP! I never owned a PSP, so I had no idea what VC 2 and 3 were about.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I grew up in a rural town, so I'm familiar with lots of gun nuts. A lot of them are like that! Although, it's funny, in my experience "gun nut" is a sliding scale. Compared to my liberal city dwelling friends, I'm a gun nut! Just because I've used them before and know what they are. It's important info to know, in my opinion.

Anyway, as for the game... I'd say skip using the status guns, they're awful. Yet I always felt compelled to develop them anyway! Gotta make number go up. Having never played this game I don't know if a mortar launcher unit will ever be useful, but in VC1 and 4 they were pretty handy. Seems like you should have at least one of them around.

As for who to use, hows about...
Chloe
Franca
Coleen
Sofia
Mischlitt

Girl Power! Woo.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Team Anime is a great name.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

In VC, the more anime you are, the more powerful in battle you are. If you're a woman, anyway.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

They could pull a Manaan from KOTOR and say "if anyone tries to gently caress with us again, we'll blow up all our ragnite mines".

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

This is a very rough around the edges game.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

It's a cute idea, but I'm not the creative writing type.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Racism IS wrong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Change the tank's name to Skip because you should skip combat. All my votes go to this amazingly named character Vicky Boytear.