Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Psycho Knight posted:

Gallia is located roughly where The Netherlands/Denmark is in our world (VC's version of Europe is stretched out a bit lengthwise). So it is probably chilly, but not to a crazy extent. Pretty sure the typical temperature for January in the Netherlands hovers above 0.

Also Gallia has a full-on desert in the roughly center of its territory. I really wouldn't worry about weather/climate in this series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Solitair posted:

I still need to finish the old LP of the first Valkyria Chronicles.

Speaking of, is there any particular LP that you recommend? The one in the LP archive has mostly been eaten by blip.tv getting shut down.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Apepresident's VC1 LP looks good except that all images are dead. Should still be good since the text and videos are still up.

He also made a LP of VC3 but it's not on the archive...

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

This:

SSNeoman posted:

I vote for Team Anime

Lotte +2, Melissa +2, Anisette, Joachim

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Gunner

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Is it ever explained how the rebels got their hands on an Imperial tank? Although it wouldn't be hard to believe they just found abandoned Imperial materiel...

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The Flying Twybil posted:

Update 7: In Which Things Are Done, Not Unlike Last Time

...And now I'll cut in. I know you're both married now and retired from the militia and all, but why the hell are you not helping to fight the rebels exactly?

I mean, I'd want to retire too after that brutal war, but these people are literally trampling over half of what you fought for, and especially the memory of Isara. Shouldn't you be doing something about any of this? They're sending high schoolers out to fight against a racist rebellion, does this not bother you at all?

If I had to guess, since the militia can't be used against a rebellion, they left it and then moved south to Lanseal on purpose to help train new cadets.

Looking at how generally incompetent the Gallian Army is, I wouldn't blame them wanting to skip actually enlisting and help the army without being actually beholden to the military.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Oh I thought he taught at the academy, because why else would he be in there? "Checking out my wife" is not a good reason for someone to enter a (kinda) private school grounds. Although "I'm a kinda of a war hero" might be.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The Flying Twybil posted:

Update 9: Marion, In the Armory, With A Gun
: Search me. Maybe she was covering something up.

???

Did... Did she ask for Avan to pat her down...?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

Yeah, that's a pretty common idiom. Having hit summer, I can safely say the game smacks you upside the head with its skeevy and you will absolutely know it when you see it.

I have never seen that idiom before, but that's probably because I'm ESL.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Yeah I'm enjoying the LP too. I was always morbidly curious as to why VC2 was trash-talked since forever ago, and now I can experience it without having to buy anything or do any effort.

That said, I do have a request: Since you are doing the updates with the story bits first and the mission after, can you split up the update in two posts, one with the story bit and then another with the mission? That way if I don`t have the time to read the entire update in one go, I can mark the story post as read and then come back to the mission bit.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

On second thought I dearly regret the post that was here originally :cripes:

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 3, 2019

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

FWIW VC3 is much better in the plot department.

Low bar to clear, but.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

If I can vote on what I would prefer, I would vote to see the main story content for now. I guess you can still show side stuff that you think are particularly interesting, but I can see most of the content in VC2 is bad anime bullshit.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm for cutting the combat.

Also barf that outfit.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i cant belive they will anime the racism away

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Oh no Leon is spreading. :ohdear: Now we don't even need Avan in the scene to have someone worship him.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Slaan posted:

LEON would want a new page so that we can see HIS greatness sooner

LEON is so amazing whenever he posts there's just enough fawning on him for a new page.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

What in the actual gently caress

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Tae posted:

Now the new game has Budget with both the Valkyria and Yakuza team working on it.

Probably the best thing I've heard in this thread so far.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm looking forward for this to finally end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Normally I'd thank the LPer for showing us the game but I don't think I'm that thankful. :v:

Nah just kidding, thanks for going through this.