Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mathwyn
Oct 31, 2012

Ante up.

I honestly really like some of the background around VC2's story, it is generally more lighthearted than the first game but is still very much the same setting, I also have a high tolerance for anime hijinks as well so that helps. Pretty much all aspects of gameplay were improved in VC3 though.

Very minor spoilers ahead so black bars just in case.

I think it is in one of the newspapers, but the gallian constitution says the gallian militia can only be called up in the event of invasion. The army is also wrecked after the war, so what does Gallia do to fight the civil war? They start recruiting very heavily through Lanseal and using it in a military base in the south. It also allows them to field soldiers younger than they might otherwise be able to. It is pretty reckless and of dubious judgement long term but it is a solution to the desperate situation of not having much of an army left after VC1.

I've probably spent way too much time thinking about the VC series setting and lore. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU