Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Psycho Knight posted:

This is one of the big reasons I hate VC2 so much. This is not a series that lends itself to a school setting. It's goofy "Avan is a moron" style anime hijinks (as well as other 'wacky' anime tropes we'll see later) one moment, and then we're watching civilians being shot dead in the street as part of an ethnic cleansing. You also have command of an entire squad being determined at random. There are lives at stake and this trash bin of a military academy just throws command over to a moron that only passed the entrance exam through dumb luck.

What's worse is that this makes the antagonists look laughably unthreatening. This is a well armed rebel faction with experienced battle tested commanders being outclassed by a bunch of loving high schoolers who piss their pants at the word "tank".

The militia is made up of young conscripts as well, but the big difference there is that the squad leaders actually received officer training. They also had veterans of the first war taking part. There was at least someone of general competence holding the reigns. VC2 gives us Avan.

This fits perfectly with everything else I've seen of the Gallian Army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Alicia never really wanted to be a magical girl, or even a soldier; she was conscripted into the militia, turned out to be pretty good at it, then her boyfriend's buddy shot her in the back and hijinks ensued.

I'm glad VC4 has a good APC.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I tried to read that last update after reading through an Advance Wars: Days of Ruin LP and now I must sue you for whiplash

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

[TRANSLATOR'S NOTE: "Search me" means "I don't know"]

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

okay yeah Avan sucks. Y U SO SENSITIVE ABOUT A LITTLE ETHNIC CLEANSING :byodood:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Flying Twybil posted:

Just saying it now, he's also a pushover when you know how to deal with him due to game mechanics.

Do you shoot him from the other side of a door so he can't reach you?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jarde sighed as he drew his katana,

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Flying Twybil posted:

TITLES EARNED:
Supernatural
Bandits
Warlords
Title Lovers

...Two of those don't belong.

Which ones though?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gallian fire brigades only accept fourteen-year-old schoolgirls with animal ears

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Psycho Knight posted:

It's doubtful that the Producer/Director/Writers have made this part of the lore

confirmed: Kai Schulen is a Bastiaboo

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Look if you've got some trauma or whatever, you've just got to rub your loving face in it until it stops bothering you. That's how I dealt with my brain tumors and I'm just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Are we absolutely certain Leon isn't short for Leonard?