Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mountaincat

The first part is about sand-
wiches. The second part is
about morality.
I went to a cupcake place today and they have something called Deathcake. It's this dessert that comes in a jar and has lots of chocolate. And salt. It doesn't matter what it is. But it's threatening. Deathcake.

Having a food with a threatening name isn't really an original idea, especially not if it involves chocolate. Bennigans has a dessert called Legendary Death by Chocolate™. I went to a Bennigans once. I think it was in Denver, but I don't remember and I also don't remember what I ate there. The restaurant was sort of green inside though if that helps you in any way.

Savory foods get the threatening treatment too sometimes, like when people call something a heart attack on a plate. I guess the idea is that saturated fat and cholesterol are supposed to increase your risk of heart disease. Dietary science changes pretty quickly though. There might be some good dishes out there that get falsely accused.

And of course people give spicy foods threatening names. But spicy foods actually are threatening though, and you don't need anyone's medical opinion about that. Like the skin on yer anus is pretty sensitive and the chemical compounds that make food spicy hot don't get digested very well. Watch out for the old spicy rear end in a top hat! Watch out! Spicy rear end in a top hat comin at you!

They don't call hot sauce spicy rear end in a top hat though, as far as I know. What if somebody's kid saw that and asked about it? Nobody knows what to do then. So there's all these euphemisms. On the subject of spicy peppers, I guess theres a new hot pepper called the Carolina Reaper. It's hotter than the old hottest one. But they just end up putting less of it in your enchilada sauce or whatever, so I don't think it matters very much. I haven't had those chilies myself though so I can't help you much there. I did go to North Carolina once. There's some islands out there that have state parks where you can go camping. Hope that information was useful to you in some way.

A good threatening name for a food would be the gently caress You Brunch. It's not a specific food but more of a thing that a restaurant does on Sunday morning/early afternoon. And I guess it's not so much threatening as it is rude and a bit aggressive. But people like that kind of thing if they know it isn't serious.

I don't think the waitstaff would be rude to you though at gently caress You Brunch, if that's what you were thinking, because people have to deal with enough rudeness in their lives as it is. I went to a place once where they sort of make fun of you when you give your order. I was just a kid then. They mostly made fun of the adults, so I didn't get a good roasting at that restaurant. They didn't roast the kids. If you have kids they will probably be fine. Hope that is reassuring to you if you were thinking of going there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissed Ape Sexist

International House of Solitary Employee Sharpening A Broom Handle

The only item on the menu is the rooty tooty fresh and doyourememberme

nut

hmm how about

a knife ham of sorts

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

please don't threaten food. if you stress it out, you will make the meat tough

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

sea urchin is an inherently threatening food

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Pissed Ape Sexist

Did this crispy french sandwich just assume my loving gender

mountaincat

The first part is about sand-
wiches. The second part is
about morality.

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

International House of Solitary Employee Sharpening A Broom Handle

The only item on the menu is the rooty tooty fresh and doyourememberme

I am so upset by this!

google THIS

I'll have the "Fine, Do Whatever You Want" meal with a "We Need to Talk" shake.

FutonForensic

gimme the Structurally Unsound French Dip w/ Tiny Wobbly Cup 'o' Jus

nut

maybe a
gun po boy

Finger Prince

Don't you dare even CONSIDER making me sick. If you so much as THINK about colonizing my gut with harmful bacteria, I swear I will poo poo you out so fast you won't even have time to digest, you got that? Yeah, you're acting so fresh now, but if you cross me, I will poo poo you out! Do you understand me? I WILL poo poo YOU OUT!

Heather Papps

hello friend

i tried to eat this pig and now it won't stop rampaging thru my house

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
@ the gently caress You Brunch, having everclear mimosas and cactus tacos

Pissed Ape Sexist

I'm Alex Jones and I'll be your server tonight, here's a basket of our complimentary (((cheesy breadsticks))) *bellows as eyes roll over white*

google THIS

Uneasily dining outside as the sky is getting dark and the wind is picking up and you can see lightning in the distance.

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo
Personally I find that Spotted Dick I a very threatening name for a dish

Finger Prince

oliwan posted:

Personally I find that Spotted Dick I a very threatening name for a dish

Ayyy lemme spot that dick

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
blood sausage

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bangers and Mash

Heather Papps

hello friend

breadfruit

nut

some kind of gaussing wire spaghetti i guess

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

not as threateningly deceptive as 'sweetbreads' :barf:

Heather Papps

hello friend

nut posted:

some kind of gaussing wire spaghetti i guess

razor wine instead of razor wire?

FutonForensic

I'm Alex Jones and I'll be your server tonight, here's a basket of our complimentary (((cheesy breadsticks))) *bellows as eyes roll over white*

lmao

Pissed Ape Sexist

Blood pudding via pud blooding

City of Glompton

Whipped Topping: *Keep Frozen*

Oh, a tough guy, eh? How about I just put you in the direct sunlight, instead?

Whipped Topping: *condenses profusely*

Not so cool now are ya?

Whipped Topping: *melts*

That's what I thought :smuggo:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

nut

a mace but all the spikes on it are ice cream cones what am i supposed to be posting

Heather Papps

hello friend

a full bag of friend jalepaneos

Pissed Ape Sexist

Heather Papps posted:

a full bag of friend jalepaneos

This is not threatening due to their status as friends. Jalapenos seek only love and acceptance. They truly are The Noble Pepper.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Put devil's food cake next to some angel food cake and let them duke it out

Heather Papps

hello friend

This is not threatening due to their status as friends. Jalapenos seek only love and acceptance. They truly are The Noble Pepper.

even a friend is threatening if you consume a full pound of them

nut

what if u ate a burglar? a

ham

bur

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I'll take a tall boy of bleach because I am a tough guy

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

"Can we have a Death By Poison, but with two spoons?"

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I got murdered at Joe's Murder Shack

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

A fancy drink, but the straw is very obviously the barrel of a gun

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

A potato crashes through the window and a car is heard squealing away

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Enormous muffin rolling down the mountain towards your campsite

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

A perfectly cooked turkey dinner with all the fixings sitting in the crushing depths of the Mariana trench

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Der Wienerschnitzel