Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Hey guess what?

This game is set to come out in less than a month, so this thread is back, baby! I know I said I would make a new thread for it, but I think it would definitely be better as part of this one.

Aside from Michael and I planning to jump on this when the time comes, we're also going to lead up to its release by doing some co-streams, where we replay the previous games, but switch roles. We're gonna see how much we remember, and combine that with the disorientation of playing from the different perspectives.

The first of these streams will be tomorrow, May 15th, sometime in the late evening (around 8 or 9pm EST), and we should be able to polish off the first game in one stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/p0larmic
https://www.twitch.tv/jamesplaysgamesttv

(Please come. I haven't streamed in so long because of internet issues and now I'm nervous.)

In the meantime, enjoy these lore videos Total Mayhem is putting out.

Chronicles of Castle Rock
Episode 1
Episode 2

And also maybe revisit the videos from this playthrough. Or watch them for the first time if you never watched them before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
https://youtu.be/er_cSTInX8o
Last week's stream where we swapped roles, AND we also finished getting all the achievements we needed. Took us a little over an hour to do!
I took the opportunity to see what it would look like to do side-by-side video. I still prefer the alternating views like I've been doing for videos, but let me know what you think of this, please.

There will not be a stream this week, but we're planning on tackling We Were Here Too sometime next week, where we'll hunt down all the levers and probably clean up the achievements there, too.

We've also got Episode 3 of Chronicles of Castle Rock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz_1LkrjMI8

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
We Were Here Too - April 27th, 2022

Also Episodes 4 and 5 of Chronicles of Castle Rock
Episode 4
Episode 5

Tomorrow is the big day! I hope people are as excited for this game as I am. Michael and I are planning to get together on Friday (the 13th) to do our first recording of the game, and hopefully videos will follow shortly after.

So hey, a lot of people that watch my videos aren't subscribed to my channel. That's fine and all, but sometimes, I make weird videos that aren't part of a Let's Play that I feel people might enjoy watching, but they'll never know these videos exist because I don't really have anywhere appropriate to share them.

Anyway here's a video I did about a Carrot Top movie and a Mortal Kombat score. I'd love for you to watch it.

(I'm also currently at 299 subs, so if anyone DOES want to subscribe and put me over 300 that would be super-neat of you.)

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 9, 2022

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
The Role Reversal stream for We Were Here Together
We Were Here Together - April 29th, 2022

And the final episode of Chronicles of Castle Rock
Episode 6

So the next time I post in this thread, it will be to start the playthrough of Forever! Michael and I recorded for 3 hours yesterday and it feels like we've barely scratched the surface of what the game has in store for us. The game is huge and amazing and sometimes it makes my brain hurt but in a good way.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

We're back! This game is huge and neat and fun as heck.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I'd probably be more inclined to watch these videos if they weren't an hour long each, but I will try and watch this series.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
You don't gotta watch it all in one sitting, or even at normal speed. Do what you gotta do.

But we definitely kept getting carried away in our first session, because the areas and the puzzles have gotten so much bigger. Gonna try not to have them go on that long next time.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I've not minded whiling away the hours listening to you two work on the puzzles myself, I really love these videos though.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I think you kind of missed a trick when you were looking at the book and talking about the sketches, and then you just squished that into a corner where we can't see it while POLARMic is mostly just stood around. :colbert:

Edit: also it might be a fun bonus video to show the other heads and what they have to say, if anything.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jul 2, 2022

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I don't know what "trick" you are talking about. I also thought it was more visually interesting to see the setpieces Michael was looking at than watching me read a book, as well as the fact that his view had the actual intelligible audio, where my side was just garbled noises.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jamesman posted:

I don't know what "trick" you are talking about. I also thought it was more visually interesting to see the setpieces Michael was looking at than watching me read a book, as well as the fact that his view had the actual intelligible audio, where my side was just garbled noises.
I'm sorry 'missed a trick' is an obscure idiom, I didn't mean a literal trick.

I mean, it was the right call to show the setpieces and the voices, but there a few bits when he was literally just stood around looking at where the head display was not doing much while you were reading the book and it would have been nice to see it in detail. I'm sure swapping back and forth between perspectives would have been a lot of extra work to edit, though, so I understand why you did it.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Edit: I didn't realize there was an audio issue with the video. It will be re-rendered and uploaded, and I'll publish that alongside the next update.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 5, 2022

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh hey, this thread.

I'd been putting a lot of focus into making sure I would have my Little Hope playthrough ready to start in October, so this was taking a bit of a backseat while I worked on that. On top of that, I'm still doing Outer Wilds as well and ALSO finishing up my challenges in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2. Basically, I haven't been making it easy on myself to just focus on one thing and finish it.

That said, Michael and I DID finish our recordings, and it's just a matter of editing them together and publishing them, which I'm slowly working on. There's like 4 or 5 videos left in the playthrough, and then this thread will finally be completed!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Possibly one of the weirder puzzles in these games so far. It broke my brain, and I'm really glad that Michael and I were able to switch places, or else we'd have never gotten past it.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That sound one seemed mean.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bruceski posted:

That sound one seemed mean.

It broke my brain and I still haven't recovered.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Thread's alive. But not for much longer, because I finally finished editing the remaining videos and will be posting them over the course of this week (only 2 more after this one).

We will still have to do a couple role reversal streams in the near future though.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

It's finally done. It took me over 2 years, but it's finally done.

I REALLY enjoyed these games and had an absolute blast playing through them with Michael. I don't know if there will be any more games in the series after this, but I'll definitely be there if there is. I hope you all enjoyed watching us stumble about and thrash wildly between being super smart and super dumb, and will check out future co-op shenanigans.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

We're never stopping.

Total Mayhem slipped this one out on us. It seems like they may be doing a series of smaller-scale games set within the WWH universe, with The FriendShip being the first one. The idea, for this game at least, is that you are your partner are earning scores based on your skills. Instead of just solving a puzzle, there are different tiers to how far along you can get in playing some co-op games together.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention; The presentation for these is side-by-side, instead of picture-in-picture. The nature of the game this time around, I felt didn't really warrant focusing on only one perspective at a time.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 13, 2024

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

can you do something to remove the giant rear end blue border from the video

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

can you do something to remove the giant rear end blue border from the video

I can replace it with another color, or just leave it a black void.

Is there a particular problem with it being blue?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jamesman posted:

I can replace it with another color, or just leave it a black void.

Is there a particular problem with it being blue?

its having a border in the first place and not something full screen

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

its having a border in the first place and not something full screen

There is no way to put two screens on one screen that fits in the way you want.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Bruceski posted:

There is no way to put two screens on one screen that fits in the way you want.

Yeah, it's an understandable complaint but the only ways to make it work are either the way it was done last time where the screens would be swapped every so often, the parts of the screen that'd not fit at full size are chopped off, some kind of vertical squishing/cropping to make the screens fit vertically, or this. This feels like the right choice.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

As you can see at the end, you are scored and ranked based on how well you did in each challenge. There's going to be one more video for this, of Michael and I going for all golds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Time for this thread to return to its slumber, and for Michael to return to his cage, until another game comes out.