Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
When I saw 'The Host' I enjoyed it, but didn't think it was really that amazing.

After watching Snowpiercer, Okja, and Parasite, I really need to go back and re-watch The Host.

The only thing stopping me from saying that Parasite was my movie of the year is the fact that Burning also came out this year, and I can't pick between the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Parasite 100% deserves all the accolades...

...but I literally don't believe it. The vote must have been split something fierce for this to happen. I'll take it, though!

Yeah when Parasite took Best Int Picture I thought that was it, no chance of if getting Best Picture.

Unbelievably happy for Bong Joon Ho & his cast and crew.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
I just won this shirt from my local cinema:

:v:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

punk rebel ecks posted:

Snowpiercer is the best left wing movie.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

MorrisBae posted:

That brings up a good point - what did they do with the housekeeper's body? Did they shove it somewhere in the sub-basement and make the husband walk over it every day?

The dad sneaks the body out at night and buries her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Steve Yun posted:

Well, she did say he was convulsing and foaming at the mouth, so who knows

Didn't he sneak down and eat some birthday cake when he saw the guy coming out of the basement? The second time I watched Parasite I caught that and thought that the 'foaming at the mouth' thing was he had a mouthful of cream/icing/whatever and it was just the mum freaking out over it, as it helped reinforce her beliefs of how dangerous it was and he needed medical attention RIGHT NOW at the expense of everything else because he is so special and fragile.