Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This is 100% going to be my favourite movie of 2019. The first half is like a delightful comedic romp about scamming and then it completely shifts into something else, something insane and unpredictable. I'm so glad I went into this unspoiled.

I'm not a huge fan of the epilogue. I think I would have preferred something more realistic (albeit unhappy) rather than "and they were reunited and lived happily ever after" as the ending but I'm not mad at it.

:airquote: JESSICA ONLY CHILD :airquote: FROM ILLINOIS CHICAGO :airquote: I’M A CLASSMATE OF YOUR COUSIN :airquote:

Shneak fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Bottom Liner posted:

Uh, did you miss the final scene after the fake happy ending? They're still in the same apartment, the son has brain trauma, the daughter is dead, and the father is in hiding at the end.

Did I? I'm referring to the son and mom standing trial, him growing up and becoming rich enough to buy the house, and the last scene is the dad coming out of the bunker to them

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Bottom Liner posted:

No, the last shot after that cuts back to him writing that letter saying that's what his plan was, but showing that it was just a fantasy of how he hopes it would play out (it won't)

My theatre never showed that :psyduck:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Bottom Liner posted:

wtf!? did it go straight to credits?

I kid you not it cut to black when the dad and son went in for the hug. Straight to credits. :lol:

I appreciate this drat movie more and more every day.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Prince Myshkin posted:

Enjoying how many oblivious rich people are praising Parasite.

Don't clue them in until it wins best picture :ssh: