Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Hell yeah, wagon supremacy.

So are you going to bother to shop for a hood and fender on a partout or at a junkyard? They're so easy to change that I figure you drive it like that but grab them if you find them and swap them out on a weekend. Like just watch craigslist or VW boards for partouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Honestly probably not. I’m hoping to get 2-3 years more out of the car, I don’t really care about the appearance. Its gonna go straight to scrap whenever I trade it in, so whatever. I might look at some local junkyards to see what they have on hand but that takes time I don’t have with 3 kids. :)

Holding out and saving up for a Kia Stinger GT1.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Even better. :)

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

LloydDobler posted:

Hell yeah, wagon supremacy.

So are you going to bother to shop for a hood and fender on a partout or at a junkyard? They're so easy to change that I figure you drive it like that but grab them if you find them and swap them out on a weekend. Like just watch craigslist or VW boards for partouts.

Wagons are the best and I miss mine :(

I like to believe the CTS-V lives on somewhere; the Merc, otoh, welp

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Well, poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I'd do some research and see if the lens is just held on with a soft glue or something. Guys who customize lights often will put a light in the oven and soften the glue, and pull the lens off. Then they do their idiotic HID conversion or whatever, and glue the lens back on. If the light is otherwise nice, maybe that's worth investigating.