Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
man this crap is lame
at least you got a job
:fap:
gently caress YOU OP - GOKU
View Results

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

gary oldmans diary posted:

not sure. did it feel like life had become a joke? if so...

I think I crossed that threshold long before my left testicle dunked itself into ice cold poop water :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Dazerbeams posted:

I hate that no one knows how to commute in this city. Everyone walks way too slow or blocks the left side of the escalator or they just pause at bizarre times. Then you've got assholes who try to charge onto vehicles the moment the doors open rather than letting people off. Or idiots who don't know how to line up properly so there's a ton of space left in front and jerks can sidecut everyone else. Bitch, I'd like to go home rather than spend one more second rubbing elbows with the shuffling masses.

Every day I consider biting the bullet and signing up for a parking spot but public transportation is covered by work whereas I'd have to pay for parking. And all the drivers are guilty of the same poo poo I mentioned above.

I feel you. Public transit sucks, but driving can suck just as much and usually costs more.

My personal pet-peeve when driving is that everyone in my city watches the advance go (left turn indicator) traffic light for at least 15 seconds before they even consider going. So a situation where normally 20 cars should be able to make a successful left turn, only about 5-10 get to. It's always the first or second car that does this. One time I was the first car and made the left turn when the light indicated. I looked in my rear view mirror 1/4 of a km down the road and the second car was just appearing to turn. Looking again a few seconds later the only cars that made it were me, the slowpoke, and one more. The turning lane is long enough to accommodate 20 or more cars. I've timed the intersection, and it's almost 7 minutes between left-turn opportunities.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Blistex posted:

My personal pet-peeve when driving is that everyone in my city watches the advance go (left turn indicator) traffic light for at least 15 seconds before they even consider going. So a situation where normally 20 cars should be able to make a successful left turn, only about 5-10 get to. It's always the first or second car that does this.

They looking at their phones and don't notice the change right away.

Seriously everyone driving is looking at their loving phones all the god drat time. All demographics. It's astounding.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I like to think I'm a pretty chill driver, I like to speed but generally understand that traffic sucks for everyone and that getting mad wont fix anything. There is however one thing that is unforgivable and I wish great harm upon those who do this.

When a car is stopped at a red light, and the car behind it quickly ducks into the next lane over that I'm already in, causing me to have to start braking. I have a few routes where I know the light cycles very well and can plan my drive so that I never need to hit the brakes, I just let off the gas, coast up to the lights, then start accelerating again when it hits green. Then these dipshits duck into my lane so they can be "first" and throw everything off, usually causing me to come to a complete stop.

(Enjoy my terrible diagram)

If I ever win the lottery I'm going to get a truck with huge bull bars on the front and not stop for these people.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Blistex posted:

I feel you. Public transit sucks, but driving can suck just as much and usually costs more.

My personal pet-peeve when driving is that everyone in my city watches the advance go (left turn indicator) traffic light for at least 15 seconds before they even consider going. So a situation where normally 20 cars should be able to make a successful left turn, only about 5-10 get to. It's always the first or second car that does this. One time I was the first car and made the left turn when the light indicated. I looked in my rear view mirror 1/4 of a km down the road and the second car was just appearing to turn. Looking again a few seconds later the only cars that made it were me, the slowpoke, and one more. The turning lane is long enough to accommodate 20 or more cars. I've timed the intersection, and it's almost 7 minutes between left-turn opportunities.

oh I get real steamed up about this because I have two difficult left turns to make on my way home, both of which have left turn yield modes (flashing yellow) as well as go modes (green, obviously). During the yield it's actually quite easy to fit in a left turn unless the next car is almost already to the intersection, but people just delay and hesitate SO loving MUCH that basically no one gets to go through.

An equal problem is the people making U turns at the left turn literally slow to a COMPLETE STOP before hesitantly nosing their vehicles out and around, like JUST GO MOTHERFUCKERS

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I want to go home.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

I want to go home.

this phrase has been repeating in my head in the voice of a whiny child since I left my house this morning

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Today was full of doing other peoples' jobs on top of my own, then after lunch I was told that I will now have additional responsibilities permanently added to my workload, and then a piece of equipment failed and it was suddenly my job to fix it for some reason.
Meanwhile, my boss left 2 hours before end of shift.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Obsidianheart posted:

Today was full of doing other peoples' jobs on top of my own, then after lunch I was told that I will now have additional responsibilities permanently added to my workload, and then a piece of equipment failed and it was suddenly my job to fix it for some reason.
Meanwhile, my boss left 2 hours before end of shift.

*cleanses your aura*

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I'm a dumb immature baby who's always worked alone/as a consultant so I could always peace out if a co-worker was annoying me

Now I have a permanent job I really love on a team that's great. BUT one person is super disruptive and disrespectful and incompetent and being protected by a manager who doesn't want to admit he made a mistake promoting her. She's getting under my skin and I have like no experience actually dealing with lovely co-workers.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
Everytime I look around, I see
So much fakeness goin down
you'll always be the scapegoat in a situation like that unless you can tip the managers confidence towards you over them

its a lovely manager should prolly bail

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

That's a good point. I really like the manager save for this one blind spot, and he really seems like he can't stand her either, so I'm wondering if someone's forcing his hand on this one I dunno. Point is everyone hates her, I'm just the one who has trouble dealing

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Literally A Person posted:

*cleanses your aura*

Don't; that's a project that'll take all March, I think.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Blistex posted:

Check out a wrecking yard and see if there are any tires the same size and similar tread/wear. There should be dozens that will work that you can choose from. $50 would probably be on the high side as well if you ask nicely.

drat. Good suggestion, thanks. I wish I’d clicked this thread a month ago. I’ll keep that in mind next time.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Chomp8645 posted:

I want to go home.

I find myself saying that in my head while I’m at home. Probably because I haven’t lived somewhere where I really feel at home since 2013. It’s always just been somewhere where I go when I have nothing else to do.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I find myself saying that in my head while I’m at home. Probably because I haven’t lived somewhere where I really feel at home since 2013. It’s always just been somewhere where I go when I have nothing else to do.

loving same.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Obsidianheart posted:

loving same.

hey is it ok if he cleanses mine instead? I need an aura cleanse!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

home is where the video games are

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

sandwiches_and_ham posted:

i have a friend who just becomes a complete and utter hostile douchebag whenever he gets a few drinks into him.

it's a shame, because when he's sober he's alright, but after a few drinks this weird kind of holier-than-thou attitude suddenly rises to the top, and suddenly he's berating complete strangers and talking down to anyone in earshot and behaving like some kind of stern old school-mistress.

the worst part is that over the past few years, it's escalated from this kind of quiet stubborn disapproval of anyone in earshot into a barking belligerent show of outright madness. it keeps becoming more and more of a problem, and i've basically spent the past eighteen months avoiding him, because he can't stop himself from devolving into a screaming self-righteous wreck and turning every evening into a four-carriage train crash. an increasing number of these evenings have ended up with me apologising to others for his behaviour, but he never apologises, except for maybe one occasion that springs to mind when his girlfriend

oh thank god, it's not about me

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

My Shoes posted:

hey is it ok if he cleanses mine instead? I need an aura cleanse!

These terms are acceptable.

Can I... uh... watch?

crystal Ghost
Sep 5, 2019
my internet is all hosed over

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Another one of my friends from high school died. It sucks because he completely fell off the map when we all graduated 10+ years ago, because his family were all Jehovah’s Witnesses and never let him see anyone, so none of us got to hear anything until he killed himself. It feels lovely, too, since it makes you wonder what could have happened if he was able to keep his social support network. gently caress, this sucks. I think more of my friends from back in the day are dead than alive at this point.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Another one of my friends from high school died. It sucks because he completely fell off the map when we all graduated 10+ years ago, because his family were all Jehovah’s Witnesses and never let him see anyone, so none of us got to hear anything until he killed himself. It feels lovely, too, since it makes you wonder what could have happened if he was able to keep his social support network. gently caress, this sucks. I think more of my friends from back in the day are dead than alive at this point.

How can one little street swallow so many lives???

The cruelest dream: reality.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
if you do anything quickly dumb people think youre mad. has this always been a thing

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Chomp8645 posted:

How can one little street swallow so many lives???

The cruelest dream: reality.

Quoting Offspring songs in 2020? Brass balls, bb. Brass balls.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

*cleanses your aura*

*places timecard in a ring of salt and chants “bossamey bossamey bossamey doonaata horchata” for 2 hours* :witch:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's been 3 weeks and I am still unable to shoot destructive laser beams from my eyes. If anything it feels like the last week turned back the progress. The medicine I have to take to deal with unlikely side effects strongly encourages me not to drink, smoke weed or go to gym or do anything fun. gently caress me.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
a big portion of the guys saying they like big asses must be talking about wide hips but dont know the difference

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

gary oldmans diary posted:

a big portion of the guys saying they like big asses must be talking about wide hips but dont know the difference

A big portion not understanding big proportions.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Chomp8645 posted:

A big portion not understanding big proportions.

Sort of like how every definition of body size is sliding towards "morbidly obese" or worse?

Fat = Unable to move under one's own power
Chubby = Morbidly Obese
Curvy = Really Fat
Thicc = Fat
Normal = Chubby
Slender = Your medically recommended weight based on your frame
"Too Skinny. . . ugh, that's so unhealthy" = Athletic
Anorexic = Someone who's actually thin.

In another 10 years "slender" will be firmly within the "danger zone" for heart disease and stroke.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Blistex posted:

Sort of like how every definition of body size is sliding towards "morbidly obese" or worse?

Fat = Unable to move under one's own power
Chubby = Morbidly Obese
Curvy = Really Fat
Thicc = Fat
Normal = Chubby
Slender = Your medically recommended weight based on your frame
"Too Skinny. . . ugh, that's so unhealthy" = Athletic
Anorexic = Someone who's actually thin.

In another 10 years "slender" will be firmly within the "danger zone" for heart disease and stroke.

I like em THICC!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

ugh just UGH I'm furious

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

gently caress mansplaining beer reps who are trying to tell me how to do my job and then get snippy when I push back

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Crusty Nutsack posted:

gently caress mansplaining beer reps who are trying to tell me how to do my job and then get snippy when I push back

Love that "let me belittle you while I try to sell you something" attitude. Real endearing :rolleyes:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Chomp8645 posted:

I want to go home.

I know I'm never going home. So set fire to your ships, and past regrets, and be free.

I'm here to vent about how Mr. Sanders is getting hosed AGAIN.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I know I'm never going home. So set fire to your ships, and past regrets, and be free.

I'm here to vent about how Mr. Sanders is getting hosed AGAIN.

Mr Sanders will never not be hosed. So set fire to the nation, and past authorities, and be free.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Love that "let me belittle you while I try to sell you something" attitude. Real endearing :rolleyes:

it is a very perplexing attitude but some people just can't seem to help themselves! thanks for commiserating. how are you doing? did you decide to try therapy?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Crusty Nutsack posted:

it is a very perplexing attitude but some people just can't seem to help themselves! thanks for commiserating. how are you doing? did you decide to try therapy?

I'm doing much MUCH better. My parent was declared cancer free, family crazyness has settled to it's regular levels and my life has gone back to normal. Whatever funnel of depression I was slowly being washed down has let up. I'm still kind of recovering from the whole thing but I think I'm doing pretty dang good. Never really did talk to a pro but I DID take the time to actually tell my wife what the hell was going on with me and, who would have guessed it, that made me feel a lot better and of course she totally got it and talked me through what the hell I was feeling without making me feel like a crazy person. So, yeah, I just sucked it up and talked to the person I trust most.

I know, cray cray.

Thanks for the "how you doin?" :)

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I'm doing much MUCH better. My parent was declared cancer free, family crazyness has settled to it's regular levels and my life has gone back to normal. Whatever funnel of depression I was slowly being washed down has let up. I'm still kind of recovering from the whole thing but I think I'm doing pretty dang good. Never really did talk to a pro but I DID take the time to actually tell my wife what the hell was going on with me and, who would have guessed it, that made me feel a lot better and of course she totally got it and talked me through what the hell I was feeling without making me feel like a crazy person. So, yeah, I just sucked it up and talked to the person I trust most.

I know, cray cray.

Thanks for the "how you doin?" :)

yesss a vent thread success story! I'm glad to hear you're doing well and your parent is cancer free, gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Here's my vent. I spent like 6 hours cleaning my house today and I feel like I accomplished NOTHING. It's still a mess. The outside needs powerwashed. I'm frustrated. I have dogs that just tear through and make poo poo dirty, but it's not their fault. I love them and treat them awesome and they have a huge yard + tons of toys + awesome food + bones for days.

I wanna hire someone to come in and clean my poo poo in a whirlwind.