Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
man this crap is lame
at least you got a job
:fap:
gently caress YOU OP - GOKU
View Results

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Hell Yeah posted:

Yesterday i went over to her house and sat on her bed and then put my arm around her and held her hand. and also I touched her butt for the first time.

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Never move in with a 'friend' that's hypocritical, codependent and with the selfish mental temperament of an 11 year old. loving hell Michael, you begged me for help to get away from your abusive boyfriend as well as having the hots for me. And now you want to go back to him because I'm not putting up with the childish passive aggressive crap you picked up from your abuser. The more you sneak around and do that poo poo, the more you make me feel justified in not wanting anything to do with you.

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hell Yeah posted:

Yesterday i went over to her house and sat on her bed and then put my arm around her and held her hand. and also I touched her butt for the first time.

prob
le
mat
ic

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
A butt is a kind of vent

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Here's a rundown of what I've been dealing with this month. enjoy these :words:

1. The battery died in my car, so I had to buy a new one and install it in the parking lot of the veterinary office where I had just taken my cat. At night. Fun time to find out your car won't start.
2. My microwave died, and I had to buy a new one. The wife has always wanted one that mounts above the oven, so we did that.
3. I hit a deer. I have really good insurance, and I was supposed to get a good mid size SUV but instead I got this really lovely econo car.
4. My well pump went out. Thankfully it was the pressure pump and I could change it myself. Still cost 250.00 freedom bucks tho.
5. The battery in my wife's car died. I had to change that out.
6. I found out that my new microwave can't be ran on the same circuit as the iron, otherwise it trips the breaker.
7. the tripped breaker didn't stop the brand new microwave from blowing a couple fuses. So, I had to go take care of that on a peaceful sunday evening.
8. I got the car back from the body shop, but for some reason my climate control system doesn't work. No heater, no AC no defog or defrost. They threw their hands up and played stupid so now I have to go get it looked at by another mechanic.
9. After finding out that my car was messed up still, I came home to start dinner and I found out the oven won't come on. Apparently the new microwave had to murder suicide another appliance.
10. I got a chargeback on one of my checks from a medical design client, so now I get to ask them why their book keeping sucks poo poo and they're bouncing checks. I guess I'll just pay my mortgage with a wink and a finger gun.

Here's the thing, even though this month has really really sucked, I've been thankful that I have the skills and safety nets to handle all of it.

So, I can vent but I'm still glad I'm capable of handling all of this stuff on my own. I'm just sort of hoping that fate is done masturbating to my pain for a little while.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

yesterday i made a post then today a guy quoted it but only included a single line from the post, which was well written. this is bullshit

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

no hands no ring 2/10

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Good Ol Filbert posted:

We're conducting employee surveys right now and the assistant manager that usually overlooks me on purpose is being super nice to everyone. He was being weirdly physically close to the front desk agent in the morning. He kinda makes me uncomfortable and I didn't like that his opening line to us on his first meeting was, "Who the gently caress put ____ in room 109?" I sat in the meeting thinking like, "oh hell to the no this man isn't about to swear at room full of young women like that". This was my first interaction with him, and I asked my supervisor if his cursing was normal for him because he did it a lot in the meeting. She said that he does curse a lot and that he comes from a family that curses. I gave her a "this is not okay" glance and decided to let it go, like, maybe I'm just being sensitive and need to reflect on it and go home and sleep. Meanwhile, a few of the front desk agents have said that he's not very professional, I figured that it was due to lack of refinement, but I need to stop excusing this guy's behavior. I filled out my portion of the survey honestly, giving mad props to the general manager who puts up with so much BS. One of my coworkers mentioned that they spilled the tea to HR in the anonymous one. I asked, "What tea?" and boy howdy was there some super hot tea to be spilled. I'm just keeping the tea to myself and my head down, figure, not much that I can do about it but watch it all go down. This guy's chaos, and I can handle chaos, I think I make him nervous with my confidence and that's why he goes over my head.

I don't know, we'll see. :coffee:

Well what was the tea?!?!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Poooooiiiiinter! He's starting, he's doing it again, write his name down again, I got chills!

balls balls balls balls balls balls

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I hate working with radioactive material. Nothing about it makes me feel safe even though I have no issues with virus or bacteria. I really want to watch HBO’s Chernobyl but I’ve been putting off until I’m done with this work. I don’t want to wake up from nightmares of my insides melting and my ovaries being fried to hell and back.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Great, like gbs wasn’t negative enough. (Vents)

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I just bingewatched an entire playlist of these on YouTube a couple days ago. Ventrilo harassment is a lost art

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Pssshhhrrrrrrrrtttttttt

sorry about the smell!!!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

https://i.imgur.com/5LeTCc4.mp4

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Living his best life.

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

My balls are hanging real low these days

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

A lot of good posters have been banned or perma'd by some lame mods or admins and they're never coming back >:(

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

I vent out loud when I'm driving. Like some guy ran a red light right in front of me. I yelled "Holy gently caress, you're too stupid to live" at him even though he'd never hear it. I figure if I don't let it out it would be all bottled up inside and I'd explode.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Every time you put a new trash bag in the receptacle, one of the first three items will be something big and blocky which could have been broken down but now it takes up a huge bulk of the container. Confusing and frustrating!

Kazak posted:

A lot of good posters have been banned or perma'd by some lame mods or admins and they're never coming back >:(

:( but also :)

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

phasmid posted:

Every time you put a new trash bag in the receptacle, one of the first three items will be something big and blocky which could have been broken down but now it takes up a huge bulk of the container. Confusing and frustrating!

:( but also :)

It's all Amazon's fault. The price we must pay for 1 day shipping.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

The closest bibibop is 20 minutes from my home!

I was desperately searching google maps for a decent korean place that wasn't fast casual fusion bullshit and also not on the other side of town. Doesn't exist, but boy do I have options for korean tacos.

gently caress my cats. They're terrible beyond reason, the ancient one (19) is firmly committed to peeing in one corner of the hallway and no amount of cat repellent/tin foil on floors/etc will deter her. So now the other cats think its a litter box. Had to order a gallon of enzymatic cleanser which wont be here for 2 days at least, then I get to block off half the doorway to the bedroom and bathroom by putting some sort of furniture there that she can't get under/around. Fiance still thinks that a gate like you'd use for dogs or children would work which it won't obviously they're cats. The stupid one won't stop eating my flowers, and the fat one just will not be convinced that I'm not 24/7 furniture. Cat climbs on me, I set her down, 4 seconds later she's back, repeat until the heat death of the universe or I just give up.

two of the assholes in question

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I’ve spread myself thin financially and have too many loans and credit cards. I’m pretty mad the system allowed this to happen to me! Quit giving me money!

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.
Both my batteries in the motorcycle (BMW) and car (Kia) died a lovely undignified deaths which meant two batteries and trip to my BMW dealer and also my Macbook Pro died and I can't fix it and there is no way I'm buying a new one but windows sucks and my 2020 strategic plan is wrecking my nerves at work and fjsadvgdschj

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I was desperately searching google maps for a decent korean place that wasn't fast casual fusion bullshit and also not on the other side of town. Doesn't exist, but boy do I have options for korean tacos.

gently caress my cats. They're terrible beyond reason, the ancient one (19) is firmly committed to peeing in one corner of the hallway and no amount of cat repellent/tin foil on floors/etc will deter her. So now the other cats think its a litter box. Had to order a gallon of enzymatic cleanser which wont be here for 2 days at least, then I get to block off half the doorway to the bedroom and bathroom by putting some sort of furniture there that she can't get under/around. Fiance still thinks that a gate like you'd use for dogs or children would work which it won't obviously they're cats. The stupid one won't stop eating my flowers, and the fat one just will not be convinced that I'm not 24/7 furniture. Cat climbs on me, I set her down, 4 seconds later she's back, repeat until the heat death of the universe or I just give up.

It's a super bad sign when cats start peeing outside the box. I'd take your cat to the vet if you can afford to.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Who What Now posted:

It's a super bad sign when cats start peeing outside the box. I'd take your cat to the vet if you can afford to.

Don't scare the poster, it could also just be a kitty uti

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Ah dude, 4 strength 4 stam leather belt?! Level 18???

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
HEY!! These floors are dirty as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!!! :arghfist::mad:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Kazak posted:

Don't scare the poster, it could also just be a kitty uti

I had an old cat that just started pissing wherever occasionally once she hit uh like 15 or so. She didn't do it too often and I had her checked out multiple times but the diagnosis was just that she was old and didn't give a poo poo.

She was happy and mostly healthy and had a few more years in her until a seizure and that was that. Her brother (same litter) died two months prior of the same thing. Then my rabbit died a couple of months after that.

That year really sucked :(

I guess my venting is that it is lovely and bad when all of your pets die within 4 months of each other, and that it hosed me up for while.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Kid's sick, wife's injured, car is kaput, landlord is a thief, health insurance is also a thief.

The salt on the wound, though, is the lukewarm reception for Mr. Dick's last thread. He put a lot of work into that.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Methuselah cat is going to the vet on Friday. Hopefully the cure is to yeet her out the window. (I'm joking, hopefully it's nothing and she's just a massive rear end in a top hat)

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I have a senior can with the 'beetus, and one of the symptoms of it is excess water consumption and urination. Even after I got him all straightened out with insulin, he was still peeing outside the box.

As it turned out, it's just a thing senior cats do. It's harder for them to squat and they just go wherever.

I moved the cat box to a different location, and I eventually made a custom one out of a rubbermaid plastic tote. You can also buy special cat boxes for senior cats. They're not very expensive.

senior box ala our lord and savior Amazon https://www.amazon.com/KittyGoHere-Senior-Opening-available-PuppyGoHere/dp/B074MKWWQ2

diy route
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_KBWzHvNn4

the diy route worked the best for me, since my cat doesn't squat down anymore. So, I was able to build a space conserving box with a narrow opening that's easier for him to get into and harder to accidentally pee out of.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

hood vent?!?!?

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE3KdcTgrno

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
when i use the roller on my mouse to scroll down it's almost as likely to scroll up as down. it's driving me absolutely mad. well, that and thinking about hands that are like feet

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
this exam I just took had like 1 question per subject, so if you missed something you don't get to make up for it by applying your knowledge to other questions
and this exam is like 15% of our final grade

and it did not cover the full breadth of each subject, it was a bunch of ridiculous edge cases that you wouldn't expect

like, we're charting the hit/miss ratio in fully associative cache with least-recently-used replacement, you don't have to know what that means, but just from like your general expectations from being a human you'd probably think there would be a reasonable mix of hits and misses, right? no it was ALL misses. it was this goofy, incredibly unlikely scenario where after the first five it just barely misses every single time, just... to gently caress with our heads, I guess?

and fully associative is expected to generally have a slightly higher hit ratio!
it was the kind of thing you might show once in class to demonstrate that it's possible, and he just springs it on us as the loving entire assessment of our understanding of the material

oh, and in the multiple choice segment, like 80% of the right answers were D
I think I did fine but honestly why would he do that?
what are you testing, our confidence?

it's like if you were taking a math test, and there was one addition problem, one subtraction problem, one multiplication, one long division, one algebraic, and geometric, one derivative, one integral, and one linear algebra, and the answer to every single one of them was "2"
why are you loving with our heads? is this really the time for mind games? are you the goddamned riddler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

The Bramble posted:

My wife and her friends are excited to participate in "no-drink November" and I know I'll be expected to do it too...

I've heard of sober October but this is outrageous. What are you supposed to do on Thanksgiving?