Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
man this crap is lame
at least you got a job
:fap:
gently caress YOU OP - GOKU
View Results

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Cubone posted:

oh, and in the multiple choice segment, like 80% of the right answers were D
I think I did fine but honestly why would he do that?
what are you testing, our confidence?

it's like if you were taking a math test, and there was one addition problem, one subtraction problem, one multiplication, one long division, one algebraic, and geometric, one derivative, one integral, and one linear algebra, and the answer to every single one of them was "2"
why are you loving with our heads? is this really the time for mind games? are you the goddamned riddler?

I've written exams where the prof intentionally designed it so if you got 100%, the scantron would look like this:

code:
Just to gently caress with people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Play posted:

At the same time, if you're smart you'd realize that having such a distinct pattern is nearly impossible if it was actually random, meaning you'd want to check each answer that doesn't fit the pattern. If you're smart about it then the prof is actually doing a favor

Everyone got so paranoid about the pattern, thinking "there's no way it would be like this on purpose" that we all went back and changed the answers we were even a little iffy about. The prof laughed at the whole class going "it was a really obvious pattern. Just be confident in your answers."

The next exam had the first 10 or so questions start out the same way and then went back to the usual random distribution. Not as many people fell for it, but a couple totally did.

[edit] I should clarify that he started the class at the beginning of the semester explaining how he re-randomizes his test bank every semester so if you ever find an answer sheet from a previous year it'll be moot. He really emphasized the "It's all totally random."

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 31, 2019