Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Tias posted:

Game seems to have been updated, and is harder, which is neat.

I can't make it through hispania any longer, but I can't put my finger on what the change is.

Interesting. No changelog on the official website since last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I believe I haven't picked it up in some time longer than that :blush:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I found this by chance just as this thread wa son the first page, so thanks for the thread, I've been enjoying the poo poo out of this 7 bucks game in a way aaa titles don't do anymore. I'm not in the third campaign, how long is it in total? Seems like I'm already a pretty hardcore death machine so I doubt much longer? Also what other games like this are out there, anybody have any recommendations?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Son of Rodney posted:

I found this by chance just as this thread wa son the first page, so thanks for the thread, I've been enjoying the poo poo out of this 7 bucks game in a way aaa titles don't do anymore. I'm not in the third campaign, how long is it in total? Seems like I'm already a pretty hardcore death machine so I doubt much longer? Also what other games like this are out there, anybody have any recommendations?

Yep, the Greek campaign is the last. You've got a fun new(ish) mechanic to encounter in the last couple of battles and a few very tough duels if you want them.

Then do it all again to get moar points and a better rank!

No idea on similar games, I'm hoping the developers put out a sequel or an expansion or something soon but there doesn't seem to be any reliable source of news from them.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Okay thanks! There's always the carrot of managing a "do every battle just because" run, but l honestly for the price I've already gotmz money's worth. Really fun little game. I have a vague memory of playing games like this as a kid that were old even then, 25ish years ago. I'll try to find something once I'm done with this, I'll post if I find something nice. Only one I can remember right now is the dragon pass game, which was much larger in scope but had a similar "build up attributes, random events and battle mechanics" framework.