Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i suppose it is theoretically possible for an open polycule to avoid turning into a horrifying black hole of drama from which nothing can escape. it's just never happened before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm assuming all your Wolverines are Laura and you can't stop me. :colbert:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Scott
Jean
Ororo
Roberto
Illyana
Piotr

Wanna take you for a ride

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Cannonball
Mirage
Sunspot
Magik
Wolfsbane
Cypher/Warlock

I said it.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

Dawgstar posted:

I'm assuming all your Wolverines are Laura and you can't stop me. :colbert:

No. They're godawful Ultimate X-Men Wolverine. The one who wants to gently caress underage Jean Grey so much that he pushes Cyclops off a cliff and then has sex with the 16 year old girl when she's mourning her dead boyfriend.

... God, I do not miss the 2000's.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I tried to do a list of people who have done actual parenting and couldn’t reach six.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nessus posted:

I tried to do a list of people who have done actual parenting and couldn’t reach six.

Scott
Jean
Maddie
Cable
Jamie Madrox
Layla Miller

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

Jamie Madrox
Layla Miller

awkward...

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Empath
Nanny
Orphan-Maker
Kwannon
Greycrow
Wild Child

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

danbanana posted:

Empath
Nanny
Orphan-Maker
Kwannon
Greycrow
Wild Child

Best answer

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Cyclops
Storm
Nightcrawler
Wolverine
Magik
Sunspot

Realizing this is also just my list of favorite 5 X-Men with Wolverine added lol OH WELL

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Laura
Gabby
Jonathan the wolverine
Jubilee
Magik
Boom boom
Dazzler

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New X-men Looks like Orchis is finished

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

site posted:

Laura
Gabby
Jonathan the wolverine
Jubilee
Magik
Boom boom
Dazzler

That's seven!

But I'll allow it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Gabby and Jonathan together are basically 1

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

MonsterEnvy posted:

New X-men Looks like Orchis is finished

The art was really drat good this issue.

Wolverine chopping up the Orchis goons was absolutely brutal.

Marvel are giving the high profile Orchis members absolutely brutal endings. Stasis, Devo etc.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

danbanana posted:

Empath
Nanny
Orphan-Maker
Kwannon
Greycrow
Wild Child

Judgement day, Motherfucker!

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

site posted:

Laura
Gabby
Jonathan the wolverine
Jubilee
Magik
Boom boom
Dazzler

This except I'd replace Dazzler (whom I've never had much of an opinion on) for Mercury because I have Ideas as to what I'd do with her. Also she's criminally underused: Come on, she's T-1000 Girl, and the only time she's ever gotten the spotlight was when she was kidnapped and tortured that one time. Oh, comics.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Fivemarks posted:

Cyclops
Jean
Madelyne
Emma
Havoc
Wolverine

Not a good team, but oh man the drama.

This owns

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Wolverine
Wolverine
Gabby
Daken
Old Man Logan
...Weapon H?

Look, it'd move units.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wolverine (any)
Storm
Manifold
Cyclops
Emma
Kitty/Kate

Caros
May 14, 2008

Adept Nightingale posted:

Wolverine
Wolverine
Gabby
Daken
Old Man Logan
...Weapon H?

Look, it'd move units.

Talon instead of weapon H.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Fivemarks posted:

Cyclops
Jean
Madelyne
Emma
Havoc
Wolverine

Not a good team, but oh man the drama.

You're describing a sex tape not a superhero team.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Rockslide is dead so my top six can't happen :colbert:

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Blockhouse posted:

Rockslide is dead so my top six can't happen :colbert:

I honestly can't remember what happened to the Rockslide/Wrongslide thing that happened after X of Swords, I think one of the Spurrier books used him somewhat? Or was that in Ayala's New Mutants?

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
I liked Vulpes explanation in Avengers today about why they hadn't gotten involved in the Fall of X until now. All part of Tony's plan!

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Prodigy
Polaris
Ilyana
Storm
Sunspot
Logan

Was reading the new x-men academy x stuff recently and really dig Prodigy

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

hope and vaseline posted:

I honestly can't remember what happened to the Rockslide/Wrongslide thing that happened after X of Swords, I think one of the Spurrier books used him somewhat? Or was that in Ayala's New Mutants?

mostly, he moved to arrako where he could live without being judged for not being rockslide.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Professor X
Cassandra Nova
Emma Frost
Jean Grey
Psylocke
Quentin Quire

Solves any problems except people who are trained to block telepathy....and metal helmets.

Jean Grey tries to be the moral compass but no one listens to her

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Professor X
Cassandra Nova
Emma Frost
Jean Grey
Psylocke
Quentin Quire

Solves any problems except people who are trained to block telepathy....and metal helmets.

Jean Grey tries to be the moral compass but no one listens to her

I think the helmets have to be special.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think the helmets have to be special.

Edit: not saying they're not special helmets but they can be mass produced. Also, seeing Jean's and Nightcrawlers outfits from X-Men Red and drat those were cool.

Synesthesian Fetish fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 4, 2024

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009
It's the metal and shape. It's a Faraday cage.
It also has to look like an M. Very important.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Veg posted:

The art was really drat good this issue.

Wolverine chopping up the Orchis goons was absolutely brutal.

Marvel are giving the high profile Orchis members absolutely brutal endings. Stasis, Devo etc.

Fei Long is the only one left of the Human Orchis leaders and he ditched to fight Tony

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

MonsterEnvy posted:

Fei Long is the only one left of the Human Orchis leaders and he ditched to fight Tony

Has to be dealt with in Duggans Iron Man right?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Those panels reminded me that I started reading X-Men Red and found it to be that grim, overly serious and frankly boring retread of seeing mutants get their poo poo pushed in before someone makes a speech for two pages and the bad guy with a thousand kill count (and in this case a billion) doesn't get killed for it because they are going to be used in future books.

Then realized I was reading the first volume of it and there's a second one that's way more interesting and innovative written by Ewing. Bit man I was confused for a while on why ppl recommended it.

Also really liking Way of X so far. Made me want to go back and finish up those Xmen legacy Legion comics I read partway.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

AzureFlame posted:

It's the metal and shape. It's a Faraday cage.
It also has to look like an M. Very important.

The colours, too?

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Shageletic posted:

Those panels reminded me that I started reading X-Men Red and found it to be that grim, overly serious and frankly boring retread of seeing mutants get their poo poo pushed in before someone makes a speech for two pages and the bad guy with a thousand kill count (and in this case a billion) doesn't get killed for it because they are going to be used in future books.

Then realized I was reading the first volume of it and there's a second one that's way more interesting and innovative written by Ewing. Bit man I was confused for a while on why ppl recommended it.

Also really liking Way of X so far. Made me want to go back and finish up those Xmen legacy Legion comics I read partway.

Don't forget to read Ewing's SWORD as well, which leads into Red.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Cool will do

E: I really like that sword miniseries where Beast looked like a hosed up horse

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

The colours, too?

The original Model M only came in one color but now thanks to consumer demand and advances in printing technology it's pretty much dealer's choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

glitchwraith posted:

Don't forget to read Ewing's SWORD as well, which leads into Red.

I wish the story that was started in SWORD would have continued. It felt like it had so much promise and was unique. I'm also a sucker for Manifold