Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

IUG posted:

So I'm back on X-Men, having jumped off when Bendis took over. I know Kate went to space for a while, but this seems like a whole different personality for her. I'm half expecting the other characters to ask her what's really going on and there's some trauma that she's covering up. Besides the tattoos being tries-too-hard tattoos, hasn't she always had a certain connection with her faith? Tattoos and Judaism don't mix, last I checked. Seems like a drastic thing for her to throw away.

I know tons of people who are of the Jewish faith who have tattoos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Laughing Zealot posted:

Wakanda probably knows that mutants can't walk five feet without 10 different hit squads materializing in best of times. Getting caught in the crossfire is easily a possibility.
But this really is just me nitpicking the issue for having an excuse for some decent action in the background.

I loved that one diplomat taking -A-'s insult in stride.

Also storm is seeing the king

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Magneto brings it to Earth and frees her in an attempt to gain the X-Men's trust.

I think it's actually the start of his current X-Men turn? I don't recall a flip back and forth since then.

(He is Magneto though and of course could have done it much earlier, but waited for the moment it most benefited him.)

He just got his powers back when he did it

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

What issues of which series was this? I stopped reading X-Books sometime during Whedon's Astonishing before Kitty was shot into space then didn't seriously read them again until after AvX, I've caught up on some of the stuff in between (Gillen's Uncanny, Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men) but still have huge gaps in my knowledge and I'm trying to fill a lot in since I'm digging Hickman's stuff and I know how he likes to mine the lore.

Fractions run

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Archyduchess posted:

Kieron Gillen wrote a fantastic Ilyana, his entire run is a bit uneven art-wise but absolutely worth reading.

The new mutants run by zeb wells is great and she is awesome in it

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

No, that rings a bell. I think that's why she had Forge as a minder in her ongoing BKV did.

Also they have a history of banging

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m ready for Buff Shirtless Charles still wearing the Cerebro helmet.

Is he an American male?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

Looking it up Jean has a 'college-level education' but nothing specific. Just in 'the college.'

The winner is Madrox who sins out his dupes to go get various and sundry degrees and then re-absorbs them to eat their brains and gain their knowledge.

And his son

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gologle posted:

Claremont looks so sad. Why sad Clare?

He is so far from Storm

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Seemlar posted:

Teenage Jean was the only interesting thing to come out of the character in years, she promptly returned to being a complete bore when they swapped back to adult Jean

And Claremont's wrong, that costume was good.

Adult jean was great in x-men red

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

OnimaruXLR posted:

has there been any explanation for why Jean is back in the Marvel Girl outfit other than Krakoa is one giant party, so dressing like she's going to a club in the 60s makes sense?

Hickman said that they dress only in old costumes while on the island. Some exceptions happens like new outfits for members of the hellfire club

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Cabbit posted:

Unless the state has immediate use of you, in which case they'll happily throw the rules out the window to serve their own purposes. :eng101:

Eventually poo poo's going to get to a point where they have the Five make multiple copies of themselves so they can throw the resurrection machine into overdrive, and we'll have ourselves a lovely little Clone Saga.

Every Jamie copy demands a copy

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Apocalypse played a big part in getting the Nimrod information during Moira's 10th life. He's also very onboard with Krakoa as a concept so it's hard to say he's not being "good" when his whole shtick has been adopted by Charles and everyone else. Hell, it's been interesting to see all these characters still remain true to themselves while also aligning with each other. I mean the council has Apocalypse, Shaw, SINISTER, Mystique, and Erik. Krakoa is definitely operating and running nowhere near "good". Charles himself started X-Force this time around.

I assume Shaw will not be on the council for that much longer

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Yeah, it was lovely, and has mostly been handwaved away since with varying degrees of success that mostly involve telepathy. But Marvel wanted the original X-Men teaming up and by god it was gonna happen no matter what.

Between Shooter not giving a poo poo about the whole "Cyclops abandoning his wife and kid" angle and his oversight of Avengers #200 I have concerns

You think a guy who has been writing comics since he was a teen might have some hosed up ideas about women?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Remember Sobek? He's back! In pog form!

Better than shoes

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Probably as long as it took the different writers to decide whether there were three or five cuckoos.

Two were dead for a long time

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Fritzler posted:

Hey, Prodigy is on X-Factor and back with the X-Men after his short stint as a young avenger.

I wonder if speed will be appearing in x-factor

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Is he a mutant? Not that that's a requirement, I just realized I didn't know if he was considered one, especially since Scarlett Witch is no longer a mutant.

Northstar’s human husband is there. The issue might be his mother as she is the devil

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gologle posted:

Remember when the Hulk was stranded in Otherworld and had some adventures that eventually ended with Jarella, the best Hulk girl? It won't happen, but I'd like to see some Hulk action in Otherworld again. And Jarella, but Marvel has forgotten she existed.

Microverse and she is dead

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Saturnyne sounds American despite being from (well not actually, because she lives in a different plane of existence, but close enough) Britain, and Emma sounds British despite being 100% home grown American.

Not enough gets made of the fact that Krakoa is probably the first time Emma Frost spent more than two weeks in a row not on East Coast of America.

What about when she lived off San Francisco

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rochallor posted:

After Inferno, Jean got all of the memories of Madelyne and the Phoenix masquerading as Jean, so she is basically Cable's mother. Not sure how that squares away with Madelyne's appearances since then.
Scott and jean were also pulled into the future from their honeymoon and raised him

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

oh man how pissed off am I about to be

Good thing it doesn’t matter!!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That one? Starlord, him and Kate were a thing for a series or two since every writer has to write their character dating Kate at least once.

Bendis was able to do this with three different characters! Starlord, Spider-Man and kong (whose appearance is based on bendis)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Loved the moment where Scott and Jean told the council to gently caress off while they went to be heroes.

Also that their strike force was every other mutant on Krakoa who could fight.

With magneto and Xavier smiling. I can not wait for Shaw to eat poo poo

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Oh yeah, hes that nightclub owner from Madripor, right? I wonder what he's doing there, are they going to reveal he's a mutant or some evil mastermind?

He is a regular human bartender who drinks human beer

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

One of Destiny's lines immediately after is Destiny saying "It's a cute natural defense, but useless once you know what you're looking for." and proceeded to tell Moira that now that Destiny has seen her, Destiny would continue to be aware of her.

I do imagine Moira has spent many times in her lifetimes working on psychic evasion techniques though. No doubt in my mind there.

Which might be one of the big reasons she is not okay with bringing her back

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

It’s also issue 101 so it must have been in response to issue 95-99. Also the fact that x-men was cancelled in all but name for 5 years. It’s all racism and change, which shows nothing ever changes

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Que?
He kissed one of them when they were about to die (genuinely can't remember if it was Hulking or Wiccan) and they said "no thank you."

That's not dating, that's called being a disasterbi.

He is dating speed

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Metalshark posted:

The discussion about trauma/abuse was really meaningful in itself, but particularly coming from Aurora. Speed geeking out at Northstar was another great touch and I loved Lorna and Rachel bit about "saying that to all the girls" - X-Factor is really clicking for me now. Super interested in Prodigy et al's mysterious deaths and the Morrigan.

Hellions including Arcade is making me feel like the book is written for me. Can't wait for these actually very competent individuals to fall apart yet further (though Mastermind ups the difficulty some). Chalk up Psylocke + Greycrow as another ship I would never have thought of but one that I am fully on board with.

Also sinisters love of his cape

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

The problem isn't his relation with the "Pretender", but the fact if he is allowed in Krakoa or not. And him being mutant (or not) is what would matter in that situation. No humans (powered or otherwise) are allowed in other than two exceptions: Northstar's husband and Jubilee's kid. Mutants can't even apparently bring in their non-mutant family members (which I expect to be a plot point at some time). Anyway, if Speed isn't, and he just rushed in on the island, uninvited, I imagine that would be considered a catastrophic failure by their security teams, sort of like when the Fantastic Four sneaked in.

I am pretty sure they said mutants can come in if they are invited/with a mutant.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly, thank god the MCU seems to be taking the shortest path between two points to get there instead of the mess that Heinberg created.

Blame Byrne

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, that letter is basically a handwave to say everyone Rosenberg killed off was brought back.

Though it looks like Prodigy may not have actually died?

I am going to guess suicide or possibly he is a spy

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

The Prodigy in the comics is pretty sure he died when he was told he died, but Speed has a photo of them together somewhere else on the night he supposedly died. And then a follow-up e-mail with the 5 says they didn't actually have a dead body from when he supposedly died, but they had so many confirmed deaths from that night in that place that they didn't doubt the outliers.

The fact he was like let’s make out, which read to me as him not wanting to speak anymore about it

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Has that shown up again since Volstagg briefly had it in the War of the Realms build-up?

Didn’t it get changed into the weapon Jane currently has

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

going through ultimates 3 can make any magic hammer go bad.

And then it was a cop in Law and Thors

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

danbanana posted:

I loved Hellions so much that I moved from reading it on Unlimited to hard copy and I just caught up and it is wonderful. A great concept, executed so well.

Also, against my preferences, the 90s-On X-Event reading group decided that Onslaught counts as an X-Event and so we're reading that. I don't believe that corporations are people but I would be for a Supreme Court case where the comic book character Magneto would be allowed to sue every post-Claremont writer for defamation.

That is not Magneto

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

https://www.cbr.com/planet-size-x-men-hellfire-gala/
From the announcement, I'm not sure if I like this bit.

"The Hellfire Gala will unfold over twelve titles and twelve stories, all focused on a single night that will not only announce the first team of Krakoan X-Men to the world, but also reveal the startling plans that mutantkind has in store for the Marvel Universe."

Sounds like it could be really tedious when something happens in the second issue we want to see the repercussions of, but those won't be apparent until the next day and there's another 10 issues to get through before the sun comes up.

Sounds like it will be one issue for title and maybe some one shots.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Maybe one issue of each regular title? How many of them are there now? Lemme see, X-Men, Factor, Force, New Mutants, Wolvie, Excalibur, Cable, SWORD, Marauders, Hellions - that's ten, unless I missed one. So Planet-Sized, one issue of the regular titles, maybe an endcap one-shot?

Cable will be over but we are getting way of x and x-corps

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Wanderer posted:

Claremont had this idea going back to the early '80s that Sara Grey's kids would be a projecting and a receiving empath, but it never ended up happening for whatever reason.

Then he killed them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

I thought it was going to be Emplate at the end of Way of X, but yeah, it telegraphed it when looking back.

The art was good enough. Nothing spectacular, but it did what it needed to do without getting in the way. Marvel House Style, basically.

Emplate has been mentioned already as helping monitoring Krakoa meals. Also if he is to show up it will be x-corps as his sister is the star