Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Definitely cool for those into it, but as expected I'm out on Excalibur after issue #1. Magic and King Arthur stuff is just not what I read mutant books for. I'm sure Marvel was very strategic in splitting up the popular X-Men into as many books as humanly possible but Rogue and Gambit just aren't a big draw for me. A-dog is the only part I'm sort of interested in but I'm sure this thread will keep me abreast of his comings and goings.

I did order a set of variant covers of all the #2 issues though so I guess I may as well read #2, which won't ship until the last of the set comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

danbanana posted:

First book I ever bought was Groo #33.

I do have that one but I think the first comic I bought when I started buying them regularly was Groo #57. So once I fell in love with the genre of "slashing a million dudes to pieces" Wolverine was my next stop, who had recently started his own title and obviously uncanny x-men he was in too. When I graduated from "local record store comic book rack" to an actual comic book shop, that's when I started grabbing 80's x-men stories. But man, those Groo issues are timeless. Which I guess is a nice way of saying Sergio hasn't changed the formula at all in 35 years, but I still love them.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I'm down to just X-Men, X-Force and Marauders, and stopped reading for a while then tried to catch up and maybe did it in the wrong order or something. Can someone explain why sometimes Pyro is in a wheelchair all sad and sometimes he's jumping around with a big black tattoo on his face?

Just ordered some Wolverine #1 variants because I want to put them up on my comic display. I liked the comic based on the radio play(podcast?) and it's got the same writer so I hope it's decent.