Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm pretty curious about what happened to fantomex. did xavier switch to a clone as soon as one was available, or is there another xavier running around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i can't quite figure out if x-force is intended to be so funny.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
as soon as the five grew a new body for him there was no particular reason for xavier to keep occupying fantomex. whether it was really xavier or if he had gone evil yet again is all irrelevant now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

In that case, assuming they didn't scrap the part where he's stuck in the psychic realm (which they probably did), if they did just grow Fantomex a new body and uploaded his most recent consciousness in Cerebro, does that mean there could be two of him? I doubt they'd cover this in X-Factor but it's interesting to think about

i meant that they grew xavier a new body. despite the misleading sinister cerebro mask, it was always xavier under there with his own face and not fantomex. if that xavier was a psychic ghost who could possess a complete stranger's body then there's no reason he couldn't jump over to an empty clone of himself.

it's probably best not to delve into it, considering fantomex's already ridiculously complex history with deaths, resurrections, clone bodies and the brief period that he was three separate people.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dang. he really does belong in the x-men.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
whenever mystique works with someone, she betrays them. it's how she's ended her every membership on an x-team over the years. the only exception was destiny. it was always foolish to try to keep her leashed with a promise they had no intention of keeping. like, what did they think was going to happen?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so, they resurrected vulcan. and now there's a portal to chandilar. they probably shouldn't mention this to, well, anyone really.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i read wolverine #1 yesterday but it took me a few minutes to remember what it was even about. it just wasn't very interesting.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
one thing i really don't buy is how there always seems to be a shortage of x-men willing to pop off krakoa to do fights. there have been an awful lot of x-men and most of them are now on krakoa doing nothing in particular. heck, most of the x-men villains are there, too. but whenever there's a problem, they just send a handful of mutants when they could send out dozens on a moment's notice. i don't think the x-writers really know how to deal with the weird-rear end implications of krakoa.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's still the entire population of genosha to work through. so, no room in the queue for flatscans.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
reed's real problem with krakoa is that they actually used their radical super science to help normal people. he will never forgive them for this.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but it does make the continued vilification of Scarlet Witch a little weird. Forge did what she did on a much smaller scale, his introduction was developing a weapon that stole Storm's powers for like fifty issues, she had to get de-aged into a pre-teen and then hang out with Gambit to get her powers back. Sebastian Shaw spent a ton of time developing the weapons that were used to commit an actual genocide.

forge repowered her in fall of the mutants, and then she was depowered again due to nanny de-aging her. nanny's on krakoa too!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Skwirl posted:

She was still depowered when Nanny de-aged her, I don't know if it was ever confirmed, but I thought the de-aging is what got her her powers back.

no, she wasn't. forge and storm were trapped in another world by the adversary, and then they escaped when forge restored her powers. it's just that storm didn't really do a whole lot between fall of the mutants and the end of the australia era.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I think you're forgetting about hanging out with a certain gentleman by the name of Remy LeBeau.

And her powers were very wonky until the X-Tinction Agenda when she got turned into a Mutate and then restored when she was turned back.

no, i'm saying that forge zapped her powers away, then zapped them back, and then she quickly lost them again when nanny de-aged her. i forgot the details of how she got re-aged in the end, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hey, so the mutant resurrection process is purely mechanical rather than mystical or spiritual or even cosmic. that's normally not a big deal, since despite the death revolving door it's not like afterlives are used consistently in marvel anyway. however, what about dani moonstar? she's got a significant connection to a specific afterlife that is usually a very real place. so what exactly happens if her soul goes to helheim or valhalla or whatever? there's a lot of possible answers, some of them quite interesting. and of course, when you get into resurrections and souls that brings layla miller to mind. how the heck would her deal interact with the clone + backup system?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, dani's over in valkyrie? guess i need to start reading that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that arena record filled me with joy

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

I'd be near-certain that Anole isn't old enough to drink, let alone tend bar, but then I remember this is Krakoa so legal drinking age is, like, European at the very least. They probably let ten year olds vape.

So at what point does Beast acting like a wild unfettered rear end in a top hat become...a little bit out of character? It feels like that's just all he is nowadays and it's not as if we can blame Percy for following up on precedent, but is there no longer any upper limit on how big an rear end in a top hat Hank McCoy can be before we can be like, "Yikes, that feels less like his characterization and more like a hack job"?

that's been his characterization for the last decade or so. it's been rear end in a top hat hank mccoy 24/7 ever since x-club.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
james proudstar was a hellion, no? he's been in and out of x-force for a long time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
man, why the heck are they sending wolverine out to hunt the telepath who already took over his mind once? it's the x-men. they've got telepaths.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
whether or not kurt is the most suitable person, he's definitely the one who would step up and do it. that's just who he is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not certain of just how proteus works. the presumption is that this is a backup mind in a clone body, who presumably burned out his initial clone body in short order and began living in a series of xavier clones. except, unlike the rest of the five proteus was dead so he clearly wasn't growing that first backup body with them. so, where did this version of proteus come from? there was no five before he popped up. he did come back during necrosha, and then went on to possess and eventually merge with morph in exiles. but that version is likely out of play, and i'm not sure if anyone in 616 was ever aware that it happened.

is there a backup system for cloning? or, since this is x-men, is there some hosed up time paradox?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they really should have just left jamie alone on krakoa. at least proteus would be around to keep an eye on him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's going into old, weird and mostly abandoned mu space stuff. thank god mantis hasn't shown up, at least.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm the second cyclops

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Gateway looks like he's tossing a pizza.

you don't see what he has in mind

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nanny was originally a normal looking mutant scientist who worked for cameron hodge. poo poo went horribly wrong, and they shoved her into the egg armor where she has been stuck ever since. it's not a very surprising outcome, considering that she was a mutant working for hodge's first anti-mutant terrorist organization. i guess she doesn't mind any more, what with being a serial killer who loves to abduct and weaponize children.

anyway, hellions is kind of fun because it isn't a bunch of lovable misfits who pull together when the going gets tough. they are all profoundly broken people and not particularly capable as a team.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

rantmo posted:

I thought Nanny was just a normal, human engineer and Orphan-Maker was a mutant?

she lives on krakoa, doesn't she?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it should really stop surprising me when a mutant villain shows up on krakoa, but really? the shadow king?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i guess the shadow king getting his body back could have slightly mellowed him out from the constant possession/corruption bullshit. most of his issues were equal parts him being mad that he was a psychic ghost and being a dick in general.

i'd like to see the social lives of more of these irredeemable psychopath villains on krakoa. the hellions are the broken ones who might conceivably be able to work through their issues, but what about the ones who are even worse?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was meant to be symbolic, but it is still made out of a cerebro. it'd be very funny if it turned out that it doesn't actually do anything and the elaborate scheme to steal it was completely pointless, though. mikhail rasputin was always more of a barely contained catastrophe than a mastermind.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
new mutants was kind of a wet fart.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, his mom is essentially considered to be the devil on krakoa. might make things awkward.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's really funny that beast thinks absolutely anyone in the universe would side with him over colossus. heck, i think even dark beast (who is probably still dead) has more friends than beast now. as soon as the urgency passes everyone involved is going to ask what the heck just happened and who is to blame.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i never expected to like teen cable so much (or at all), because all of his pre-hox appearances were just godawful.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
krakoa is strange and shady, but it's not like the old status quo of the x-men trying to police every other mutant while getting attacked by insane bigots every 30 seconds was working so well. go big or go home, except home has unfortunately been set on fire by a racist cyborg.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like how rictor actually calls apocalypse ::A:: sincerely, and also how he's pretty much the only person who does.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Diet Poison posted:

When was the last time we even saw Frenzy? X-Men Legacy? I seem to recall I liked her in that, but it was ages ago.

she was a minor recurring character in one of the inhuman books during the 'uncontrolled roaming death cloud that no one is allowed to get rid of because it would be culturally insensitive' period.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
why the heck would anyone want fabian cortez on their team? even if he didn't suck in general he's in the running for least trustworthy mutant of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm indifferent to pretty much the entire narrative but i'm down for some rad sword fights.