Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

A lot of the teams seem so far to be made up of whomever is nearby on Krakoa when things kick off. Which can be fun in the short run. I'm enjoying everything so far but there's only so long I'll keep buying every book, especially if they are bimonthly or double shipping or whatever its called these days.

I'm definitely interested in seeing villains like Sinister, Apocalypse and Stryfe get more Magneto time, where even if they aren't redeemed you get to see some downtime with them where they aren't grandstanding or fighting and get a better sense of them. I realized I know almost nothing about them. It doesn't help that their powers are kind of nebulous and are basically whatever the writer and artist want to do with them. Has ----===> *A* <===--- always had mental powers too? Thinking back on his prior appearances I can only remember the horsemen and not much about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

My grandma would randomly buy me comics. I think the only X-Men one she got me had Polaris in the desert, after the siege perilous stuff? I don't remember anything about it even after my full X-Men readthrough a few years back. I used to stop at the small town grocery store looking for new issues of the Marvel Transformers on the way to grade school. I didn't get into X-Men until X-Men #1. It didn't make much sense, but I liked the Jim Lee art, and Age of Apocalypse, Peter David's X-Factor and the full run of Excalibur kept me interested later along with a few crossover trades I got my hands on, until I dropped the superhero stuff for Sandman in high school.

My first comic I owned period was a hardcover collection my great aunt got me that included issues of The Shadow, Plastic Man, Scrooge McDuck, and a parody called Shazoom. (Ox, power of. Ox, power of another.) I wish I knew what happened to that.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

First exposure to the X-Men? This, baby!

Oh yeah. That and the "AMERICA! Still needs your help!" arcade game for the Avengers. "Thank you WONDERMAN!" It's crazy how I can still hear the voice barks when I barely played that one. I at least got X-Men on the xbox arcade a decade or so ago and played through it a few times with my niece and nephew. They made me proud by fighting over Colossus.