Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Honest question: why can't Magik just teleport all of them to Sam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Cloks posted:

It'd be a much less interesting book.

"Look, I know we can fly across the country but it's so much more interesting if we just walk" please...that's a lazy answer or it's lazy writing.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Was anyone else getting a Golden Girls vibe from X-Men #3?

Also in Marauders, was Shaw's dry mouth comment referring to him lusting after his naked son, or am I just perverted for assuming that?

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

I wonder how long the waiting list for resurrection is...do some mutants get to jump to the front of the line?

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Open Marriage Night posted:

Fantomex is starring in an upcoming issue of Giant Size with Rod Reis on art. He’s once again breaking into The World.

He hasn't shown up in Krakoa, right? Wonder if they'll explain the body swap with Xavier

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

In that case, assuming they didn't scrap the part where he's stuck in the psychic realm (which they probably did), if they did just grow Fantomex a new body and uploaded his most recent consciousness in Cerebro, does that mean there could be two of him? I doubt they'd cover this in X-Factor but it's interesting to think about

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Oh Christ wow I've missed a lot since Secret Wats

That was technically how secret wars ended. Franklin pretty much out everything back together the way it was as well as brought miles Morales and his family and friends into the 616

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

IMHO, Hellions sucked so hardcore. Wells got the tone and characterization of Sinister so painfully wrong. He felt too campy even for the 92 animated series

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

That's awesome

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

gently caress Beast

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

I reread HoxPox, then X-Men, and then X-Force. The pacing and consistency from the latter is so jarring from the two former. And most of it stems from Beast. Especially this last issue. You have russian intruders so your answer is to do a WW2- inspired internment camp to either scare everyone into submission or have someone rat others out?

It's like this story exists outside of the paradise that Krakoa is striving for. What mutant is going to see Beast's actions and respond "yep this is totally cool and normal....a good chunk of humanity hates us but let's immediately assume the problem comes from within.

As someone mentioned earlier, it's like the writers are doing a race to the bottom with Beast's character, which I felt has already been done before

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Why did they get rid of the Honey badger name for her? I liked it. Scout feels boring after that

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

What did Summoner mean about Apoc being the father of the second generation of mutants? Who were the first?

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is it meant to be read as 10 of Swords or Cross of Swords, because seem to work pretty well.

10 of swords, like the tarot card

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Do you think the pods that were destroyed had mutants baking in them? With the backlog I can't imagine they were all empty.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

We're halfway through this event and it hasn't even started

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

I thought for sure after 11 issues of exposition in a 22 issues event they'd stop blue balling us and get to the big stupid sword fight but here we are at the end of 13.

Agreed that Marauders was at least fun and Storm is well written

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

I was initially sold a big stupid sword fight. I wanted a big stupid sword fight. I loving LOVE what it has actually turned into this week. So much fun

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

In X-Men 18 is that the/a Black Swan or is it just Hickman doing his "negative-colored hot woman who speaks in black bubbles" like East of West, Decorum, Avengers, etc.?

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Confirmed

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

It's been said before but I'll say it again. Sinister needs a standalone series

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

I liked X-Force and usually enjoy the art but there were a few panels of Jean that really didn't work for me.

Synesthesian Fetish fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 18, 2021

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Colossus: Hot
Sinister: HOT
Nightcrawler: Yes

Edit: Colossus packing the sickle AND the hammer

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Why haven't they been doing previews for issues the last few weeks? Am I going to the wrong sites?

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Maybe something to do with the Diamond situation?

Ah that would make sense

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Children of the Atom #3 also came out today. Someone let me know if it's finally good or if we can stop saying there are no bad X books in the Krakoa era other than Fallen Angels.

I knew I read 3 x-books this morning but it took me a while to remember the 3rd and it was CotA. It's only 3 issues in and maybe where they're heading with the plot is worth it, but I feel they're overly focusing on the characters at the expense of the plot. I get less invested with each issue

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Which Sinister is that at the end of Hellions?

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

I need some help. What issue was it that time displaced Hank shared his disgust with older Hank. He said something about losing his way

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

New Avengers something give me a minute. 16-17 I think?

EDIT: New Avengers #23 from Hickman’s run.

Thank you!

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Looking forward to it being revealed that Hank is an rear end in a top hat because he's possessed by a demon but forgot.

I just want the reveal to be "he turns into Dark Beast in this reality too"

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

I get that one of the reasons they do these cross-title evens is to sell more issues, but children of the atom didn't even get them to it. All 6 issues have been underwhelming. It seems like a lot of stuff happened between issues or maybe I got so bored with the previous issue and didn't finish. Either my money is on this one to get the ax next

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

What's up with Quentin grabbing those particular mutants at the end. The go through the gateway to what I'm assuming is terraformed Mars. But the power sets are interesting: The 3 of the 5 that go powers: Reality manipulations, Growth/Regrowth, The synergy/mimicry of Hope, Storm with Weather Control, Jean with Telepathy (possibly to connect to Emma to show everyone at the gala what they see on Mars), and whatever the gently caress EXodus' powers are....maybe they're going to grow something in real time but it's not a person so they don't need egg or tempus?

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Open Marriage Night posted:

They’re all the Omega level mutants.

I don't know how I didn't make that connection at the time

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

90s X-Men isn't my strong point and the wikis I've visited don't help, but after reading Planet Sized ... What the gently caress are Exodus' powers and what did he do there?

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Quotey posted:

Exodus’ Omega level power in HoXPoX is telekinesis, so he probably moved poo poo around, adjusted Mars’ axis maybe.

Ok this leads to another question. What does "no upper limit" mean for omega mutants. If two mutants are Omega level with telepathy and they fought one another, what would happen?

What does it mean that Magneto is Omega level for magnetism. Does that mean he can control all metal in the solar system?

If Iceman and Storm are omegas what if they both got into an ice fight?

I get that Omega level means super strong but beyond that...

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Alaois posted:

who's the omega level probability manipulator

My guess would be Isca

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

I want to comment on Magneto's response about Franklin joining the circuit but there are so many things that could be going on here.

1) Franklin is really, truly, definitely (for the time being) not a mutant and Cerebro hosed up

2) Charles knows the truth and hasn't told Magneto so Mags really think Franklin is a pretender.

3) Magneto is in on it but keeping his cards close in that scene

4) None of it matters but how pissed is Sinister for getting so obsessed with Franklin only to learn he's not a mutant. Unless....Franklin at the gala is a sinister clone with no xgene and the real Franklin is ???

Kind of hope it's #4 just to involve Sinister more

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

I didn't expect the omega question to result in all of this discussion but I love it.

Seconding the idea of a book about the Five over x-corp. You create a utopia separated from the world and then want to get into the mechanics of capitalism and corporate life. I'll pass

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Rochallor posted:

There are so many things weird about this idea that the timescale doesn't even crack the top five, but... according to the sliding timescale, how long could Krakoa possibly have been around? Like a couple months? A year a most? Are we supposed to understand that the first thing everybody did when they got to the island was do it, then nine months later collectively abandon all the babies?

This felt like a huge glaring error when I read the issue too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

This is a small nitpick but I've seen it wrong enough times on this thread to say....the word for mutants of Arakko is Arakkii...