Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

$50 because it’s twelve huge rear end issues. I have all the singles, but I kind of want to splurge on a Christmas present for myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I’m sort of surprised they haven’t tried to tie Apocalypse in with Camelot sooner. I’m happy I liked this one. This and Fallen Angels are the ones I’m worried about being the weak links.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The pacing seemed all over the place, but the pieces are good. Pulling Jubes, Rogue, and Gambit into a plot involving Apocalypse, Morgan La Fay, and Betsy becoming Captain Britain again sounds like it’ll be fun, and carve its own unique corner of this bold new X universe.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

He’s talking the kids memory. Mom won’t remember getting shot, but the kid will remember she did. I‘ll give the book a couple more issues to get the team together, but this didn’t wow me.

I’m really just waiting to see what Quire thinks of Krakoa. And I wonder what happened to baby Krakoa.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Alaois posted:

That's what one of the future solicits has me hopeful that is the direction the book is going in, but having the first issue imply that she's been captured, killed, skinned and had strips of her skin stitched on to the bodies of supersoldiers in order to bypass Krakoa's security web via halo jump is one hell of a first stepping stone to get there.

She isn’t going to be very happy about being sent on that mission. Her and Chuck will probably have some words when they come out of their eggs.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Those were the original Hellions in that panel of New Mutants, right?

And where is Thunderbird?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Especially now that Cannonball is married and has a kid.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

He said he’ll be doing that with other books in the future.

There’s a preview for issue two of X-Men with Cyclops going “Probably shouldn’t have let the guy who talks to Krakoa go into space with my dad.”

Double dose of Kid Cable this week.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Because Betsy is Captain Britain now, so Psylocke is available for the character with the body most people associate the name with.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Besides Captain Kate showing up in X-Force #1 and Excalibur #2, It’s mostly just X-Men #2 referencing other books off handedly. Xavier being dead, and Doug being in space.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I think those Dawn of X trades are a pretty cool idea. If you’re all in, you’ll get an issue of every book every three weeks. Plus, it might have a better flow if the books start weaving closer together.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

X-Force is getting better. It’s an interesting non-team, and I want to see where they go with it.

Fallen Angels just seems like some Psylocke mini that rolled into this big relaunch. It doesn’t really do anything to build up this new world. Of course Apoth is probably one of Apocalypse’s family or whatever that person was in X-Men #2.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

People are saying the big figure in the back isn’t Havok but the Living Monolith.

I’m still waiting for the return of Unus the Untouchable

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Psylocke and Havok on the new team.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Was anyone else getting a Golden Girls vibe from X-Men #3?

Came here to post about the X-Men getting wrecked by the Golden Girls

Krakoa is probably the most interesting character in X-Men.

Besides X-Men, every X book is having its fourth issue on December 18.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Going to give Zeb the benefit of the doubt on this one. What a weird rear end team.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Fallen Angels is going to be over by the time Hellions comes out.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Everything about it is garbage. There’s hardly any panels with backgrounds.

I usually smell a bad book a mile away, but I’ve been so sucked into everything X related. I’ll probably get all six issues just so I’m not missing anything. Every other X book has been good, and the other ones announced look interesting. Even Hellions.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Whoever Psylocke is chasing will probably end up being one of Apocalypse’s kids.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Writer said it’s done after six because he has tv/movie stuff.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Phenotype posted:

Have any of these books completed an arc yet? I tried reading a couple after HoX/PoX finished and I just can't handle an ongoing comic series, there's just too much waiting in between story bites. (Had that problem during HoX/PoX too, but I put up with it because I thought there would be a cool Hickman twist coming soon.)

Not yet. February will be when every book hits issue six, and new X books start popping up, like Wolverine and X-Men Unlimited, and X-Men/Fantastic Four.

Unfortunately for your, the trades for the first six issues of the original six books will be one issue of each book per trade, under the title Dawn of X. Starts on February 25th, there will be a trade coming out every two weeks until May. The trade dress for the first volume looks really slick, and after the first six issues are all collected, future trades will be title specific.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Wakanda also has the Avengers under their flag.

I’d like to see an Avengers/X-Men crossover including the Squadron Supreme of America, and the Soviet Super Soldiers.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Awesome talking heads issue of X-Men. If you haven’t read Hickman’s X-Men yet, this is a good one to check out to see if you like the over all concept.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I hope the Sinister rumor is true. Giving him the keys to a mutant asylum is a great hook for a movie.

Regardless, this looks good. Everybody looks like normal people, opposed to the X-Men looking like movie stars.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Never drew that line between Polaris and Northstar even though it’s super obvious.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

graybook posted:

Was Zdarsky's Invaders before or after that? He was pretty darn central to that title, at least while I was still reading it.

That was actually the first book to mention Krakoa outside of House of X/Powers of X.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That Apocalypse Twins/Ragnarok Now story in Uncanny Avengers kicked all sorts of rear end.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Hickman’s New Avengers made it pretty obvious that he was just kind of a hanger on amongst his superiors. I’d have loved to have seen Xavier in that book.

EDIT: X-Force is a violent book, but it’s not up its own rear end grim or dark. There’s always a character or two that doesn’t take things seriously. Quire, Forge, and Black Tom are good examples. Wolverine even has some good jokes.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 3, 2020

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

And the X-Force before that was funny because it operated under “Scotty doesn’t know”

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Fantomex is starring in an upcoming issue of Giant Size with Rod Reis on art. He’s once again breaking into The World.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

He hasn't shown up in Krakoa, right? Wonder if they'll explain the body swap with Xavier

Probably. He isn’t even really a mutant.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Juggernaut mini series written by Fabian Nicieza. Trying to find his place in the world since he isn’t welcome on Krakoa.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Loved that text in X-Force about Black Tom having a dream, and accidentally creating a 50ft Juggernaut statue.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Got Eva confused with EVA since I didn’t read Bendis’ X-Men.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It’s all bullshit until I see Ugly John.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

At the end? What the hell was up with his costume choice?

Terrible costume, but this era is giving more leeway on costume choice. Jean is going to be wearing a different outfit in her issue of Giant Size than she has been in other books.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

X-Men is getting a Empyre four part mini. First two issues are advertised with each one having three of the current X writers on it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Any of them. The campus map in that one issue is full of potential.

Nobody has any thoughts on Wolverine #1. I haven’t gotten around to reading it yet.

Also, I finally got my hands on one of the HoX/PoX comic boxes. When I pack everything into it I’ll do a count to see how crazy this thing has gotten.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Alaois posted:

how do you feel about My Boy Omega Red

There’s potential, maybe? I liked the Omegas alright in Uncanny X-Force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

55 total issues in the current X-Men line. And I just now noticed that after the first six issues, there is no longer a reading order page in the books.

Slipped the card with the Krakoan alphabet into a bag and board and put it in the box, so I don’t have to rely on my phone when reading in the future.