Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

I had to check Wikipedia since I had no idea who he was and just seeing the picture of him there made me think it's a bad idea to resurrect him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

X-force

I've been warming up to this thing about Krakoa being the ultimate safe haven that mutants could escape to after all the poo poo they've been through the years. Could we not have gone longer than a month before the defenses are breached, hilariously easily I might add, and people get blown apart?

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Shees Laura. Xavier's corpse isn't even cold and you're whining about Krakoa being too safe.

Laughing Zealot fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 13, 2019

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

I'm reading it mainly as a reaction to the gate thing. loving everyone and their moms (and more than a few mass murderers) are getting passage to paradise and when she goes to follow her friends and family the gates slam shut on her face. The implication of it is bothering her so much that she can't stand actually staying on the island even though nobody would stop her.

Might as well go get shitfaced and reign as a queen of Hellfire

I'm guessing that Storm is gonna confront her at some point soon.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

IUG posted:

She probably should have done it before Kate permanently marked up her body. (I have 8 tattoos myself, so it's not the idea that she gets one, just to be clear.)

I was gonna make a joke about her just killing herself and respawn but I wouldn't be surprised if they inexplicably crawled out of the eggs with the tattoos.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Is the Lord Imperial position in the Hellfire hierarchy something that's been a thing before?

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

I dig the horror elements in X-force.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

I liked how how weirdly casual the affair in X-Men #3 was, despite the stakes being set up. 99% of the time this kinda stuff would be handled as "THE BIGGEST THREAT EVER FACED" but nah dog, it's just a problem to be solved.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

There was a lot of stuff in the newest X-force that either happened off screen or was depicted in the info pages.

Not showing the full resurrection process of Xavier, the assassins corpses blowing up and killing Healer, an interesting scene between Xavier and Mags involving the sword the latter made of the broken Cerebro last issue.

Kinda lackluster issue. All to set up that yes, mutants could use a black ops group to do the dirty work. Like that's supposed to be something new.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Cats out of the bag, a character got retconned into being a mutant this week.

Gwenpool!

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Alaois posted:

if seeing Quentin Quire get decapitated doesn't make you smile i don't know what will tbh

It's hard to take that last page seriously because of that, I just found it funny.

Speaking as someone who likes the guy.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

We really need more of Mystique.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Marauders continues to be good.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

X-men #4

Just who was the one who had the swat teams on standby? I found that part silly for many reasons. I would assume at least the Wakandan ambassador would have his own security and notice some goons hanging around. Also kinda silly that someone that high up somehow assumed that mind shields would be the only thing needed to take the group down but I guess he expected only Xavier.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I don’t think Wakanda is worried about Krakoa.

Wakanda probably knows that mutants can't walk five feet without 10 different hit squads materializing in best of times. Getting caught in the crossfire is easily a possibility.
But this really is just me nitpicking the issue for having an excuse for some decent action in the background.

I loved that one diplomat taking -A-'s insult in stride.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

It's hard to imagine there being a technical reason, it makes sense for it to "just" be an ideology thing. And something that could be questioned by even Krakoan citizens at some point.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

It would be funny if Nova/Richard Rider showed up out of the blue on Krakoa absolutely livid and screaming about his experience dealing with unlimited life.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Hope that the status of the main character gets addressed sooner rather than later though...

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

The new characters having pretty much the same abilities as some of the classic members sounded extremely lame.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Is there any idea of when the next Marauders issue drops?

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Would be fun if someone she resurrected as a zombie has already been resurrected by the five, considering how sentient the zombies appear to be.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Important reveal regarding the resurrection process in the newest Marauders: Kate's finger tattoos didn't survive.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

I wonder what will come from the one (likely two) vacant seats on the quite council.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1415687609528078342?s=20

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Sephyr posted:

Wouldn't sending loving Magneto into the Mother Molda have made it trivial as a mission? Wrench clamps, push it into the sun, be back in time for the next luau.

Somewhere in the comics following HoX (X-Force maybe?) there's a list of all the different attacks they've done and they include Magneto trying his thing. Don't remember why he failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Sephyr posted:

Well, since Reed thought his father was wrong in opposing the McCarthy hearings and witch hunt, I'm for one am willing to give Doom the benefit of the doubt.

Then again, that was during Civil War, and no one was being written decently back then.

:stare: What the gently caress