Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

BrianWilly posted:

Excalibur is interesting and good. I'm a little surprised at -[/x]x[[x]-'s fascination towards magic; was it ever a thing with him before? I can't remember the last time he said or did anything particularly sorcerous.

Akkaba is a familiar name, though...

I continue to be unimpressed with Krakoan propaganda and how writers have been handling it. "We never had to run from man." You are literally, right now, running from man. At least Rogue and Gambit don't seem to be so completely drunk on the kool-aid.

The Mutant Formerly Known as Apocalyse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Honestly I'm going to miss Roberto as a USAvenger. Him being master keikaku was fun as hell, to the point where I almost felt like he no longer belonged with all the X-Men/mutant stuff.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Is Cannonball still nigh invulnerable when he's blastin'?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I think mine was either an issue from the Dark Phoenix saga or one with the Morlocks, I don't remember too well but it's one of those.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Of all the mutants who have been brought back, I hope Stryfe stays dead. Or at least never appears on screen ever.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Nice

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Fallen Angels sucks. X-Force is mediocre. New Mutants, X-Men, and Marauders are the good ones. Watch in a year it's the exact opposite lol.

Alaois posted:

in honor of Chris Claremont's 69th birthday, every X line book that comes out today will have at least 1 panel of Storm getting naked and taking a shower by generating a rain cloud for no real reason.

If I was a nature god I would be naked and bathed in rainbows and rain showers 24/7, and anyone who told me to put clothes on would get lightning bolt'd. This would also be a really good reason for people not to like mutants.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Weren't one of those future X-Men sucked into a black hole, which are explicitly stated to be basically portals to outside space/time where the real Phalanx live? And since you're outside time you can go anywhere in time from there, which is why 6th Moira had to die before future blue people could ascend to Phalanx status, since they could just send robots into the timestream afterward to prevent her from ruining their plan. But wait, since they would be outside of time anyway and unaffected by whatever Moira does, why would they send assassins to prevent Moira from loving things up? HEY WAIT A MINUTE HICKMAN, I JUST FOUND A PLOT HOLE.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Watch it turn out Fallen Angels is the most relevant to the overarching storyline.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It's very weird that they're marketing it as a horror movie, though. How the gently caress can you have a horror movie where your protagonists have superpowers? Part of what makes horror works is how powerless the protags are against the threat. Like, the people in The Grudge can't do poo poo against ghosts, but Magik has a magic sword and spells and stuff.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm pretty sure literally everybody in this thread has dropped Fallen Angels, myself included, so it'll be hard to find an opinion here.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

galagazombie posted:

Magneto stating that Capitalism is the real enemy was bitchin', though I still wonder what exactly about the tenth life of Moira is supposed to be completely different from all previous attempts. House/Powers kept going on about something had to be different, but what really has besides us getting good writing for once? I thought they were going somewhere with robots since House/Powers had multiple asides about how Sentinels are inevitable but then a character or narrator saying "But what if them being anti-mutant isn't" but I haven't seen a single robot yet.

We're still in the early game man, this is Hickman we're talking about. None of this stuff will be resolved for literal real life years.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

twistedmentat posted:

And this is Hickman, he doesn't do anything without having an idea where it's going.

This might be editorial meddling, but this is provably false. See Ex Nihilo and that whole thing, plus the SHIELD mini that took forever to come out and was ultimately unimportant.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It felt to me that it didn't actually lead anywhere. It sort of wrapped up, but I guess I personally was disappointed by it.

EDIT: To give an example, I would have been happy if they had used their last burst of creation energy to make Battleworld and then Doom took it over after that, or do something other than futilely die to prove how powerful the threat was. Like, I'm not mad that that exact same thing happened to the heavy hitters squad with Thor and Hyperion, because what else could that squad have done? But for characters who had more interesting powers I wanted a more interesting end. Plus, the ending with Thor was really cool and badass.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jan 17, 2020

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The real answer is Rogue not being able to control her power makes for cheap drama for hack writers who have run the house of ideas out of ideas.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Where's that mutant whose mutant power is nobody except Xavier remembers him ever so he goes through life basically not existing?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Saoshyant posted:

Finally caught up with the FF crossover. In spite of Reed loving up everything as usual, he does make a great point on why Xavier is in such a rush: if Krakoa would be an actual nation, it would still be there in a few years from now.

This is honestly a good point. Right now I don't think we understand Xavier's true endgame other than "avert mutant extinction".

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I don't know about mean spirited, but the last issue certainly took a dark turn.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I am never going to read Fallen Angels past where I dropped (I think issue 3?), so someone who did stick with it, tell me what happened. Just in case something there does turn out to be a big deal later on so I'm not confused.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

rantmo posted:

his son is and he's a clone of his son.

wait what

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Honestly Apocalypse should just genocide all the human mutants. hosed up that he's kept it in his pants this long.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The original story that introduced the idea of machines stomping everybody as an inevitable end, Days of Future Past, explicitly stated that once the robots logically came to the conclusion that mutants come from humans they also enslaved and beat down the humans as well. The fact that Moira hasn't tried the whole "hey dudes, in the future it's AI that win, not humans, not mutants" is a little baffling, but hey, maybe she tried in a past life and it wasn't shown.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Why would half of those characters even use swords

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
A kind of...psychic knife, you mean?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Claremont looks so sad. Why sad Clare?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

How Wonderful! posted:

Or Exodus, the pre-existing head of.... mutant religion.

This sounds like a BAD idea.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Death by combat builds character. LITERALLY, OHOHOHOHO

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I just want a "rock on the eternal shore" moment. In fact, I want all of Apoc's scenes to be that moment. That's all the dude needs to do and I'm sold.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Psylocke's psy-pointy-things are the physical embodiment of her extraordinary mind.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
"I am having a difficult time suppressing my innate supernatural ability," Jean Grey, currently host to the cosmic incarnation of life and death, exclaims.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
With great amounts of strength must come great culpability.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I forget, is X of Swords the one where literally everybody is flying and has a sword, even the people where having a sword is redundant and the people where having a sword is hilariously hitting below their weight class, so to speak?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I think he just became Apocalypse, as was his purpose all along and the fate he was trying to avoid. I honestly don't know though, but it sounds like a very X-Men thing to do.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Why is Hank just so loving evil nowadays? He wasn't always like this, right? I swear I remember a time when he was a good guy.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Honestly, both Black Tom and Mondo react super sketch to Krakoa, so there is absolutely something going on, but in Hickman fashion, it will be literally years before we find out what the deal is.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It appears to me that this Pog is some sort of champ

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Considering she also shows up in the Avenger's issue, we can safely assume she looked at what she did, let out an "aw gently caress" and teleported out of there and put it out of her mind

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Remember when Black Panther and Namor's rivalry and beef got solved off screen and didn't lead anywhere?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
See, I have a weird feeling about Hellions, and I think it's partially based on this thread. I knew before that Madelyne Pryor has gotten shafted for several decades now, since I along with everybody else (or everyone else should) read the Claremont X-Men, but the additional information provided by this thread really shed more light on the situation, and I just...I can't really feel great about anything with Maddie in it anymore I guess? Like, it might turn out to be a really great read, but on my part, I just can't get past how writers have screwed this character over and will continue to do so and it leaves me a bit ambivalent about the whole thing, even though I know Hellion's main focus probably won't be fighting Maddie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Please don't take away Quentin's gimmick, instead, how about just perma killing Empath