Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I think i read last thread that that was actually phoenix logan just showing up to troll everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Wanderer posted:

I can't help but keep thinking that yes, okay, mutant resurrection is totally a thing, but that don't mean that kid who saw her mom get shot in the face in front of her isn't gonna be in mad therapy for the rest of her life.

Unless you have Xavier delete the memory, but that's its own can of worms.

That memory would not have been backed up in the previous download sesh

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
It fits into niche I've never particularly cared for but I get what others see in it.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Nah, that's unstable molecules.

We've seen her do it with regular clothes often I'm pretty sure.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
That's extremely dumb. I'm guessing there's a shorter term overlapping story they are telling in issues 1-6 related to the ongoing new status quo, but still super dumb.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Yeah I'd assumed she was dead

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
the premise of Krakoa... the true final mutant homeland, cooler and better and way different than everything else we've ever tried before that will surely never fail
[/quote]

We the readers have already seen it fail and the risk of it failing again is an established part of the longer term plot.
So no, you aren't intended to take the way it's sold to mutants seriously. you already know a lot of poo poo they don't.

X-Men: the impenetrable mutant homeland gets penetrated

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 11, 2019

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
X-Men has completed 3

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Multiple Proteus might be needed against Franklin

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

wiegieman posted:

Now that we've had an issue about how cool Gorgon is, let's have an issue about Alexander coming back and killing the poo poo out of Gorgon to get his sword.

O(lympia) v X

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I can't help but compare what we are seeing with Rogue here with what Moira looked like at the end of her last life.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

In the direct sense, the thing that makes Moira's plan different this time is that instead of following down the road of Charles's dream (Life 4), Magneto's vision (life 8) or Apocalypse's vision (Life 9) she has instead united them in a single cause.

In the more nebulous sense, given that we learned in Life 6 that mutants are always predestined to fail because simple biological evolution can't compete with human social/technical revolution, I 'm guessing that her eventual plan is to tame human social progress, either by limiting/pacifying humanity through carrots and sticks, or by spurring mutant social and technical progress to outcompete humanity's.
It's a good guess.
This probably that problem I don't know the name for where threats keep escalating in response to each other.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

(still a little irked at Cyclops' all-too-brief appearance in Secret Wars), but that doesn't mean he doesn't have an idea where it's going.

I've always been sad we never got any history behind that phoenix egg, at least not in any book I saw.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Strongly disliking how much they appear to have essentially duplicate powers. Hopefully that's deceptive.

Need a Marauder's team of Kate, Jubilee, Laura, Armor, and Idie. That's the sidekick team I can get behind

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I hope we see Namor killed in another book and find out he's a priority resurrection.

I feel like I haven't seen him since Aaron introduced his new team in Avengers. But he's one of the coolest mutants

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
They keep husks on hand for some people though. They explained the bottleneck in an issue.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
COTV remind me a lot of the stuff the Maker was doing right before SW. I hope he comes back into play in this.

Beerdeer posted:

I thought one of the coolest parts was the text bit on Synch exploring the psychological effects of the resurrection. It even addressed that panel of Synch and Skin at the orgy.

Yeah that was really neat.

Other than fallen angels, which is definitely a book for edgy teenagers and i can respect that and not buy it, this is quickly eclipsing Hickman's previous work as my favorite thing Marvel has ever done.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
It absolutely is

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Itd be interesting if Franklin died or even got murdered by a mutant.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'd like to see Krakoa and Man thing hang out and fight the green thumb gang together

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Claremont would bring up Scott’s math major from time to time to justify the sick angles he could bounce his eyebeams at.

which is weird because I don't think pool sharks are running around getting advanced math degrees, usuall

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

danbanana posted:

If Xavier knew about Moira way before forming the X-Men, his behavior prior to Krakoa seems weird. I know in the last issue of HoXPoX, Moira's diary very distinctly talks about having to break him and Magneto, but the suddenness of Krakoa and his attitude does feel disparate from previous storie

It's hinted that he hid these memories from himself for a while, or something of that sort.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'm not sure I'm clear how "suicide by -A-" is that distinct from just "suicide" but I guess giving it a structure and ceremony goes a long way towards getting people to get in line alive.

The logistics of resurrecting millions is so weird and interesting.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
No she also had resurrection

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

That was technically how secret wars ended. Franklin pretty much out everything back together the way it was as well as brought miles Morales and his family and friends into the 616

That last bit was Molecule Man, who greatly appreciated the week old gas station hamburger Miles carries in the pocket of his costume.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I think GZ is correctly identifying some the negative social pressures that are part of pushing this in a gross fascist religious direction. But it's complicated. I love every bonkers thing happening so far.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'm one hundred percent digital to trade or hardcover. Floppies are lame.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Have we seen Warren recently? I lost track of him after one of the recent xforce mind wipes. Imagining awkward times with Betsy and Kwannon.

I loved that xforce run but then it felt like they just kept doing the same book until DoX

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Don't pay extra for the book that sucks

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
There's also the feral children thing

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Have we seen how the current iteration of A came back? I assume it has to do with the twins nonsense. I didn't read that book

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Is Summoner that person rescued in X-Men 1 that disappeared or the person on the island that merges with Krakoa in X-Men 2, and is Arakko that island? And have we seen any of the others anywhere before?

The latter, I think. And yes. and only maybe the horsemen, afaik

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

Way back in HoX/PoX we have a scene where Xavier warns Frost about psychically influencing people as it leave a mark or something, so if he is loving with them we're bound to see some amazing snapback.

I took this to suggest that he can't help doing it when they resurrect people. A lil.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Can the tattooist mutant put his mutant tattoos on other mutants?

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 14, 2020

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

Ink isn't a mutant, the guy who made his tattoos is a mutant

Ink loving sucks

Yeah that guy that's who I mean. Edited.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
We will likely see old man cable again, but he'll be old man this guy, unless current cable is Smythe.

Or regular old man Cable is on the resurrection list somewhere due to complicated rules on the handling of resurrection of time displaced alternates. They might get a lower priority if a 'current' version is around. Has young Cable died? Maybe they'll alternate versions.

I love a good ridiculous scenario for policy discussion.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 3, 2020

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

nemesis_hub posted:

Did you mean Stryfe, or is there actually another guy I’ve never heard of who also looks like Cable and is called Smythe?*

*completely possible that is in fact true given the Xmen

Yeah him. Smythe is the spiderslayer guy. Mybad.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
It'll be immediately undone by psychics but I hope we get to see some ridiculous linguistic drift that results from spending millennia in the time box

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Diet Poison posted:

When was the last time we even saw Frenzy? X-Men Legacy? I seem to recall I liked her in that, but it was ages ago.

When it was the magneto and rogue team? God that feels like a lifetime ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
That depends on the pitcher.