Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

80s James Hetfield posted:

Kenny "Jazz Hands" Olivea
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

get bent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It rules that Cornette spends all of his time alienated from the hottest game in town because he couldn't just accept that wrestling had moved on while the guys who's coat tails he rode keep turning up on AEW to call the Young Buck's cool and do Canadian Destroyers at 100 years old.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gonzo McFee posted:

It rules that Cornette spends all of his time alienated from the hottest game in town because he couldn't just accept that wrestling had moved on while the guys who's coat tails he rode keep turning up on AEW to call the Young Buck's cool and do Canadian Destroyers at 100 years old.

He tried to ride their coat tails! He spruiked what a great angle him vs the Bucks would be for years and the Bucks just went "mah we're good" and it utterly broke his brain. The man is a carny who wanted a slice of the pie like he always got but didn't realise sometimes people don't have to give you a slice.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
He also didn't realize that when you when you work yourself into a shoot, you can't then go to the other guys to work a work if they don't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lid posted:

He tried to ride their coat tails! He spruiked what a great angle him vs the Bucks would be for years and the Bucks just went "mah we're good" and it utterly broke his brain. The man is a carny who wanted a slice of the pie like he always got but didn't realise sometimes people don't have to give you a slice.

It's also that he decided he was going to build up this angle with the Buck without letting the Bucks in on what he was doing. Like, if he had called the Bucks and said "I'm going to start slagging you off all over the place, then you do the same to me, and then we can build to a match", the Bucks would've probably have gone for it. But his deciding to insult them for years, and then approach them and say "Let's do something!" is not the right way to due business.

Also, Tully Blanchard is a far better manager for FTR than Cornette would ever be.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Jim Cornette is the only person convinced that people still think wrestling is fake real. He was a great historian and told some good stories for YouShoot but his shtick as a shock jock is loving gross, even if he's just "pretending (To work the smarks)"

e: Worked myself into a shoot into a worked shoot into a

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Mar 5, 2021

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Putting out a podcast making GBS threads on Wrestling for being fake because you're mad people think wrestling is fake.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

So how bad is Corncob going to poo poo on the Jade/Shaq/Cody/Velvet match from last night?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

He also didn't realize that when you when you work yourself into a shoot, you can't then go to the other guys to work a work if they don't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot
Did Cornette even put over Billy Kidman? Shameful.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

RealFoxy posted:

Jim Cornette is the only person convinced that people still think wrestling is fake. He was a great historian and told some good stories for YouShoot but his shtick as a shock jock is loving gross, even if he's just "pretending (To work the smarks)"

I hate that I have to back up Corny on this one, but this is still the response I get from every single person I mention wrestling to for the first time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I agree with Jim Cornette, wrestling is fake.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jim Cornette has been posting here since 2004 and that's kinda wild

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

goodnight CULTAMANIACS

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Mob posted:

A big thing with SMW's territory is that many people here still think wrestling is real. I know a lot of you won't believe me but I live here and go to local shows here and the crowd is insane and not really in a fun way.
I don't have experience with these people, but I'm going to speculate anyway. I think it's basically the same thought process you see in conspiracy theorists. By and large, they don't actually believe the things they say they believe. But they act like they do, because it's a cover for their real beliefs.

Like, the rioters that mobbed Capitol Hill don't really believe that the election was stolen from Trump. They know he lost. What they actually believe is that their side should win by any means necessary and they don't give a gently caress about democracy or elections.

Likewise, I doubt that anybody really believes wrestling matches aren't fixed. But they really want to scream at somebody and throw things and beat somebody up in the parking lot.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

No I know what I said

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
What's it like to get hit with a AA battery? Sounds lovely.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Would you like to know what it's like to have Sarah Logan yell "you're a tiny-dicked h*m*" to an 11-year-old in the front row to the roaring cheer of the crowd? I'd tell you but the crowds I live with don't exist in your world so, sorry.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Halloween Jack posted:

Like, the rioters that mobbed Capitol Hill don't really believe that the election was stolen from Trump. They know he lost. What they actually believe is that their side should win by any means necessary and they don't give a gently caress about democracy or elections.

Counterpoint: many people are very broke-brained due to years of ingesting various types of chemicals and/or a common heavy metal that's found in old types of paint here), or having jobs that involve getting hit in the head for a living, or just being purestrain naturally stupid. They truly do believe pro wrestling is real. They truly did storm the Capitol because they think the election was rigged and stolen from Trump. They truly do believe that a pedophile ring was being run out of the basement (that didn't even actually exist) of a Washington D.C. pizza place. They're not fronting or putting on an act; they genuinely believe this poo poo.

I present to you as evidence Exhibit A: the My Pillow guy throwing away his company and fortune to try and prove the election was stolen from Trump; and Exhibit B: the people who follow and agree with a former pro wrestling manager and failed promoter, who routinely rants and raves about how the hottest company in the business right now is ruining the industry and will fail any day now, unless they follow his advice on how to run a wrestling company.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 5, 2021

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, those are just two lovely generalizations. In both cases the real reasons range from "full dyed in the wool true believer" to "knows it's all fake but needs the excuse for reason xyz" and all the options in-between those two. Some people join cults to take advantage or other people, some join for power, some join for friends, some join because it provides answers.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, those are just two lovely generalizations. In both cases the real reasons range from "full dyed in the wool true believer" to "knows it's all fake but needs the excuse for reason xyz" and all the options in-between those two. Some people join cults to take advantage or other people, some join for power, some join for friends, some join because it provides answers.

Mike Lindell isn't a lovely generalization, though, he is actually burning down his MyPillow empire for Trump, as did a lot of people who have similarly lost jobs, friends, and even family relationships over our former fat wet orange president (to say nothing of the ones facing prison time for storming the Capitol). They're the cult "true believers", and in this particular case I am prepared to believe the true believers far outweigh the grifters and the people thinking they can use the cult of Trump to their advantage.

People who legitimately think wrestling is real aren't cult members. They may have the same problems with handling cognitive processes as cult members, but they're (probably) not going to go storm Daily's Place just because they think AEW sucks, even if Cornette tells them to.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
if they think it’s real they should be impressed by the 9yo that wrestled Kenny, not still mad it happened

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The thing with Cornette fans isn't that THEY think wrestling is real, it's that they're terminal third person effect cases. "Advertising doesn't work on ME, I'm too smart, but it works on everyone else." Just with "of course wrestling is a work, I'm not a mark, I know that, but all these other idiots still think it's a shoot and if they ever figure it out that's bad, so Kenny wrestling a nine year old is KILLING THE BUSINESS."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

It's also that he decided he was going to build up this angle with the Buck without letting the Bucks in on what he was doing. Like, if he had called the Bucks and said "I'm going to start slagging you off all over the place, then you do the same to me, and then we can build to a match", the Bucks would've probably have gone for it. But his deciding to insult them for years, and then approach them and say "Let's do something!" is not the right way to due business.

Also, Tully Blanchard is a far better manager for FTR than Cornette would ever be.

The key here is this is literally what Jericho and Omega did before their first match at the Dome. Callis hooked them up behind the scenes, Jericho started talking poo poo on Twitter about Omega, Kenny fired back and hey, guess what, it drew a poo poo ton of money and got everyone involved a massive payday.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Cornette fans are wrestling nihilists. They believe that wrestling was good and popular once but now will never be popular again now that the rot has set in. Wrestling is dying and there's no way to stop it.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

fez_machine posted:

Cornette fans are wrestling nihilists. They believe that wrestling was good and popular once but now will never be popular again now that the rot has set in. Wrestling is dying and there's no way to stop it.

ah, democrats.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wish i could remember the name of the wrestling 'company' that performed in front of 15 people in downtown prestonsburg 20 years ago during a carnival and i bought an autographed 5”x7” of their guy who was the same thing as military john cena named the commander or something like that. maybe that was it. john cena stole his valor. i remember one guy seemed very pissed off about a wrestler who did not turn around and see the guy who was going to hit him with a chair when they were clearly yelling out warnings to him for 5 full seconds. that guy is really cool in hindsight. anyway i think jom cornette made that whole show and what not even though he didn't. Owned

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

fez_machine posted:

And it doesn't even seem like they do anything else related to wrestling aside from listening to Cornette and Last complain about it. I could even respect if they just like spent all their time on YouTube or the Network watching old stuff from when they claim it was Good Actually but no.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dawgstar posted:

And it doesn't even seem like they do anything else related to wrestling aside from listening to Cornette and Last complain about it. I could even respect if they just like spent all their time on YouTube or the Network watching old stuff from when they claim it was Good Actually but no.

It’s funny too because if you direct them to wrestling they might like. The Bloodsport shows, NJPW or AJPW they just don’t listen at all. They aren’t wrestling fans.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

just saw that the totally not mad guy submitted a rant to the revolution predication game ahahahahaha

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

just saw that the totally not mad guy submitted a rant to the revolution predication game ahahahahaha

what the

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Post it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

80s James Hetfield posted:

lmao that you snowflakes got so triggered by the truth that you had to hide and censor it to protect your precious little incel eyes. Anyone who dares to speak the truth that Le Dub is a smoldering pile of poo poo that continues to get worse week by week while you lap it up like the good little lapdogs that you are gets shouted down by people who are waiting for their starring turn on My 600lb Life. I remember when SA used to have a sense of humor about things and wasn't afraid to take a joke just as good as they gave it, now anything that even dares to hurt a fraction of someone's feelings is probated and banned. You all want to say that billionaires and capitalism is bad yet you all stan the failson of a billionaire because he's a stupid a wrestling mark as you all are. This is going to kill wrestling permanently in the us because stupid dipshits who should have been beaten out of training school on day one are in charge and have no loving clue what they're doing. There's only one way to do something and it's the right way; anything else is fake and phony and an insult to anyone who actually grew up RESPECTING the wrestling business. Buzz Sawyer could beat the poo poo out of the entire Dub locker room with one hand tied behind his back because he was a real man and not some limp-dicked homo who's more concerned with filming a vlog or steaming than actually getting better at wrestling. None of them are over, none of them will ever be over, none of them deserve to be in the wrestling business, all of them deserve to be buried face down in an unmarked grave. Jim Cornette, the only man left who's actually got the credibility to speak about wrestling much less book it, has rightfully pointed out just how big a pile of poo poo AEW is and yet you'd all rather roll around in piles of poo poo and say you love it than actually respect the business.

i omitted the last part which was too vile to post

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

hopefully it won't take 3 years of absolute diarrhea posting to get this one banned

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
hachi machi

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

james. perhaps you were probated for making it about the other users and being homophobic, rather than the thing people just make fun of you for at the most

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"SA used to be funny" says the least funny man on the planet

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I think that guy might actually need mental help so im not gonna make fun of him

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So yeah can we get a ban for that guy? Not only is he a homophobic shithead, he's too cowardly to post that on the actual forum. gently caress him.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

James, I know you're reading this, so I've come up with an idea for you

You go away and never come back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Neodoomium posted:

James, I know you're reading this, so I've come up with an idea for you

You go away and never come back

This is a good plan. It was almost certainly him posting transphobic poo poo in the bad gimmicks tournament and Owen jokes in the best to never win the big one tournament, right?