Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favorite goddess?
Neptune
Noire
Blanc
Vert (Don't pick this)
View Results

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:iit:

Today on the day of spooks I ask you, what is more scary than anime? Now I know some of you are weird and think anime is ok and even worse: Good. But here is something that even the most deluded anime fan cannot admit to liking, a series about video game consoles being anime waifus. Also there might be zombies which are incredibly spooky! :zombie:

Why?

:ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

Source

What?

This game is focused on Blanc, the Goddess of Lowee who is the Nintendo stand in. For some reason these world leaders decided they actually *want* to attend school, instead of getting the gently caress out and never looking back like most sane graduates. The school is slated to close because humans just aren't having enough kids to attend the school. Much like my previous outing in 4 Goddesses, this game is a beat 'em up and not the turn based combat that the mainline games are. Maybe one day I'll LP a mainline game.

Features include dressup! Beat'em up combos! Partnering! A camera that starts off low! All the stuff people who like these games enjoy!

Joining Being forced to come with me is my friend barely tolerated acquaintance Ibblebibble, who suffered with me before. Will he finally realize the error of his ways, accept that anime is bad? Let's find out!

Rules

Its ok to be a creep! A spooooooky creep! Don't be a weird sex creep though.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

Episode 7

Leal fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Oct 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I don't like the fact that it being called episode one implies that there will be an episode two.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

I don't like the fact that it being called episode one implies that there will be an episode two.

Skip to the last 20 seconds of the video :q:

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.
I'm pretty sure you summed this up well with :iit:

Leal posted:

Today on the day of spooks I ask you, what is more scary than anime?

Nothing is more terrifying than anime.

I will have nightmares tonight from this OP alone. :ohno:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It's actually Just Guard but I'm sure they don't feel any remorse about this being extremely easy to misread

Leal posted:

Skip to the last 20 seconds of the video :q:

Now that's halloween terror

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
Spoopy stuff.

I'll agree that Dancing All Night is the best Persona game. And you haven't gotten to Plutia and Peashy yet, but I'm sure you'll enjoy* finally seeing them transform.

*for a given sense of 'enjoy'

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:ghost: Guess whose back :zombie:

I might actually be turning around on this game

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I heard about fresh Neptunia LP content and came as soon as I could muster the energy.

So, Famitsu fights with a shrimp because (bear with me here) they used to be published by Enterbrain (Kadokawa has since bought both of them). Enterbrain's shipping service is called "ebten", or when pronounced in Japanese, "ebiten". And, ebi is Japanese for shrimp.

Neptunia has actually had breathing animation since original Neptunia 1 in 2010 (example credit Feinne) so it's weird that they cut it for Four Goddesses Online now you mention it. I presume they wouldn't have gone for actual Live2DŽ this close to its release when they already had their own system.

The nerd guy's nametag says 抜け忍者 (runaway ninja guy) and is supposedly Compile Heart's mascot (this may be a joke since he appears to have been invented for a Trillion: God of Destruction promo, a game I've never heard of before today, and not used since, except I guess for cameos).

Delfino City is a classic* Neptunia translation misstep where they figure out the parody and then translate it as the actual name, they should've changed it to Delifno City or something.

* honestly I don't think it's that common but I've noticed it more than once, and I've probably missed others

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Oh man this did not even merit a Wikipedia entry, so I'm on board for trashy shovelware that somehow warranted an actual budget! And yes, it was a Vita game because Sony kept that on life support waaaay past its point of relevancy.

I cannot take Rom seriously in the slightest, she sounds too much like Sara Valestein making fun of Crow in Trails of Cold Steel. (I'm aware they're the same VA along with Vert.)

Edit: Forgot to put in the video link somehow.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Oct 26, 2020

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Why do you have a clone of me and why have you trained it to commentate on Nep LPs in my stead please cease and desist

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

NGDBSS posted:

Oh man this did not even merit a Wikipedia entry, so I'm on board for trashy shovelware that somehow warranted an actual budget!

Yeah, I liked how someone carefully wrote 'Main article: [game name]' for every game in the series on the Neptunia series page when half the spin-offs dont't actually have a page to go to.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

NGDBSS posted:

Oh man this did not even merit a Wikipedia entry,

In googling this I see that gamestop gave it a 4/5 and that "98% of users liked this game"

And hell, they're right!

Ibblebibble posted:

Why do you have a clone of me and why have you trained it to commentate on Nep LPs in my stead please cease and desist

When life doesn't give you any solutions, you gotta make one yourself.

Polsy posted:

Yeah, I liked how someone carefully wrote 'Main article: [game name]' for every game in the series on the Neptunia series page when half the spin-offs dont't actually have a page to go to.

Maybe when they make a wikipedia anime girl that stars in the game the wikipedia authors will fill in the blanks.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I was gonna have a video but things didn't pan out so here, have this spooky thing instead

https://twitter.com/snoopdogg/status/844994923363532802?lang=en

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I knew you couldn't stay away.

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
Maybe by 2030 we have another full Neptunia LP?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Maybe by 2030 we'll have another full Neptunia game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I am not happy with these votes, not at all

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Someone I respected and trusted tried to get me into the Neptunia games.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:hmmno:

Bogart posted:

Someone I respected and trusted tried to get me into the Neptunia games.

judging by the past tense qualifier, they are no longer someone you trust and respect, which is fair

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
I really don't get what's wrong with Vert, that is not at least equally wrong with and in some cases much, much worse with everybody else.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Sum Gai posted:

I really don't get what's wrong with Vert, that is not at least equally wrong with and in some cases much, much worse with everybody else.

Vert's personality archtype means she gets the :pedo: jokes and references. She's not the worst character for this in the series, but she's supposed to be a protagonist.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:ghost: :zombie:

Episode 3

You thought you were safe after October, but the spooks keep coming!

Also the apparent thread favorite joins. Also also me on the left

Leal fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 7, 2020

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I got my first ever spam comment on that video, I'm glad to be a real youtube lper now

(don't put in that link you clods)

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
Maybe we can finish this off for 2020 at this rate? One more thing to toss into the literal dumpster fires that have now started where you work for a fresh 2021 start.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

The...duck thing, is as it says (luckily you targeted it) a zombie GK -- a GK is a Sony fanboy (this is covered extensively in this kotaku article which I found when Feinne was doing Neptunia 2. They exist as not-so-zombie enemies in Neptunia VII and Neptunia U, apparently.

None of this actually explains the giant duck lips, though. Other than lol it's a gross nerd.

also apparently the artillery zombies are also called 'artillery zombie' in Japanese, where artillery is written 大砲. This may or may not be one or more puns, since at minimum it's the same Japanese pronunciation as this big bird guy.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Episode 4

In today's video something dies. Is it our enthusiasm? Or a video game character :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I was very low energy this episode because I had just found out that I had read a company notice wrong and I didn't have a long weekend like I thought, so I was lamenting the fact that I was eating up precious weekend time with this LP.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
drat I think you put more into this LP then I did

And what timing for it to be a video 10 minutes longer then the usual :v:

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
Whelp, good LP run. Glad to see even the spin-off games can have truly genre-defying endings.

Man, it'll be really weird when they have to reset the continuity for the sequel though.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

rip the neptunias

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

OneWingedDevil posted:

Whelp, good LP run. Glad to see even the spin-off games can have truly genre-defying endings.

Man, it'll be really weird when they have to reset the continuity for the sequel though.

If my knowledge of anime is anything to go by, they'll just ignore it like every other spinoff movie.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Really, it's the only way the Neptunia series could've ended.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:ghost: :ghost::ghost: :ghost::ghost: :ghost::ghost: :ghost::ghost: :ghost:

I may have tricked some cohosts to treat you all to the next update!

:ghost: :ghost::ghost: :ghost::ghost: :ghost::ghost: :ghost::ghost: :ghost:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

My one regret was that I was too surprised to actually pour some alcohol like I promised I would.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

NGDBSS posted:

My one regret was that I was too surprised to actually pour some alcohol like I promised I would.

I thought you meant that you were seeking some spirits :ghost: :ghost:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I can't believe that Leal is here making more episodes on this holiest of days without me.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

I can't believe that Leal is here making more episodes on this holiest of days without me.

I felt like you were there, in spirit :ghost::hf::ghost:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I always forget the specifics of what DQN means between the times I see it, which I think is actually mostly from Neptunia games because they're the only people dropping Japanese net slang directly into their games. But since I didn't actually post about this particular one before, it basically means dumbass but since it's derived from a reality TV show about adults with troubled childhoods it somewhat means delinquent/troublemaker also.

Also the idols saving their school is Love Live, as seen as a plot device in three of their four anime series to date (different cast, different schools), Idolmaster is more directly about personal success.
actually they're both about personal growth and interpersonal relationships, but isn't everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Alright now THIS is really spooky