Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

My GameCube is haunted, that's the only conclusion I can come up with. On a whim, I decided I wanted to try playing my old Ocarina of Time Master Quest disk on my GameCube using my brand new GCHD device (totally not a sponsored LP). When I booted it, I was met with this:

hosed up, right? I've seen a lot of poo poo in my day from various Chaos Mode hacks, so I naturally decided to see how far I could take this mess. And because I've been so desensitized to stuff like this, we're doing this live on stream, too! The decision to do this as a full-on LP production came after the first stream was done, which is why that's being presented as a direct stream VOD instead of my usual style.

Off-camera too, I've done many experiments to try and figure out what point of this process is breaking down: I've foregone the use of the GCHD to use the system's composite out to see if the GCHD was the problem (it wasn't); I've tried the disk on a Wii to see if the disk is scuffed up weirdly causing strange read issues (it wasn't); I've tried ripping the ISO using the GameCube to see if it booted weirdly in Dolphin, which got me a broken ISO that Dolphin seems to think is a Korean disk? I even tried booting a clean rip of this ISO and Majora's Mask rom the Collector's Edition disk and they both booted with the same weird z-buffer issues, so I can safely say that the problem lies with my GameCube. I did eventually manage to rip the file from my disk that contains the Ocarina rom, which boots in Dolphin without issue, so whatever is going on, its exclusive to my GameCube.

This will be a casual stream LP, which means that every so often, maybe once a week, and episodes will be chopped up from the recordings. If you've never played Ocarina of Time before, maybe go check out a different LP, such as the one Faerie Fortune did with me 5 years agoholy poo poo its been 5 years, because this is absolutely going to be a run that assumes familiarity with the source material.

Stream 01

Stream 02: Chiledhod's Ned

Stream 03: Lsot ni eth Owods

Stream 04: Dre Tho Ratrce

Stream 05: Luak's Shdao
(Editor's Note: The raw recording for this stream was lost, so these episodes were made using the Twitch VOD, so there's an audio hissing that cannot be removed)

Stream 06: Gruda Frtass

Stream 07: Bnga Bango

Stream 08: Te dgen

Bonus Stream: Super Luugi 46

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Reserved

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Hell loving yesssss

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.
I miss watching Nimpize Adventure, so this is practically the next best thing, if not even better.

Burng un the gleych :pwn:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Oh, this oughtta be interesting. I wonder if there's more than just the Z-Axis glitch, though, something like the dancing ice floes in Chaos.

I just want to call attention to how subtly hosed up Lunk's model is, he looks a lot more sinister this way.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Commander Keene posted:

I just want to call attention to how subtly hosed up Lunk's model is, he looks a lot more sinister this way.

1000% on board, this looks fun as hell :getin:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I don't know if I actually believe that this is a glitch and not something you caused intentionally, but I want to believe. :magical:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Ground Floor is more like the basement here

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

PMush Perfect posted:

I don't know if I actually believe that this is a glitch and not something you caused intentionally, but I want to believe. :magical:

Frankly I'm impressed that Argate managed to cartridge tilt a Gamecube disc

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The Legend of Klunk

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

The constant noise isn't fan noise, it's the sound of hyperrealistic blood being spewn out of the GameCube.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
I attempted to load the video and as soon as Youtube got the page up my system immediately bluescreened.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

We're gonna try for a Wednesday-Sunday upload schedule with this one.

ManxomeBromide posted:

I attempted to load the video and as soon as Youtube got the page up my system immediately bluescreened.

:allears:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

It's the Kopi Luak of video games, it seems to have been through a digestive system before reaching your screen.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I initially misread that episode title as "Juba Jaab's Deli", which changes the mental image I got significantly.

This episode is great, what with the Umbrella Corp. doors, extreme bouncy house floors, MAXIMUM UNDULATION, and... whatever happened to Ruto's model.

I wonder if this counts as a corruption stream?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Well, most of this was entirely horrifying. Except finding the pants, that's when I lost it. This is quite the... magical experience. :magical:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

If Ruto dissolves in (some) water, despite clearly being aquatic. Does that mean that she's an ancestor to Inklings and Octolings? :thunk:

Also, I like to think Navi's saying "Luak!" instead of "look!"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jabbu Jabbu was already my least favourite OoT dungeon because of all the squishy body horror stuff in it, but this just cranked it up to 11,000 :stonk:

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

For the record, I think all three of them were clearly Spiritual Telescopes.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

I wonder if this counts as a corruption stream?

I've been tagging these with "Corruption" on YouTube so I 100% count them!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I (Still) Have No Mouth and I Must Scream

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

What do you mean, no mouth? He's very clearly got a huge hinging mouth like a muppet. That line along his cheeks is where the top and bottom of his head meet.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:stonklol:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

the odd mirrored-sunglasses look of Gnadnofr’s eyes, along with the pseudo-tache, make him look like a gloating cop who just pulled Luak over for speeding

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Luak is just done with all of this bullshit.

SatansOnion posted:

the odd mirrored-sunglasses look of Gnadnofr’s eyes, along with the pseudo-tache, make him look like a gloating cop who just pulled Luak over for speeding
"You got any idea how fast you were going, son?"

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Can't wait to see the final battle replaced with a skate-off between Muppet Luak and Traffic Cop Gnadnofr on an invisible halfpipe.

Commander Keene posted:

"You got any idea how fast you were going, son?"
"Not really, I was underground for most of it."

Quantum Toast fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Nov 11, 2019

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Rauru turning into Wilford Brimley who lives in a yellow tube was too much for me.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I don't get motion sick that easily, but the Jabu Jabu video was extremely unpleasant to watch and I had to skip past one of the tentacle fights because I was actually getting a bit nauseous. :gonk:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Doc M posted:

I don't get motion sick that easily, but the Jabu Jabu video was extremely unpleasant to watch and I had to skip past one of the tentacle fights because I was actually getting a bit nauseous. :gonk:

Jabu Jabu Classic is bad enough for me. This one had me feeling iffy just from seeing the post about it.

I still watched it, though, the horror outweighed the nausea.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Can't shake the idea that Luak is actually Waluigi in cosplay

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

bike tory posted:

Can't shake the idea that Luak is actually Waluigi in cosplay

I believe you've hit upon what actually happened to ChaosArgate's Gamecube.

"You want to play a fun game? TOO BAD, Waluigi time!"

I'm kind of curious if any other Gamecube games are affected like this by the Waluigicube, or if it's just this one.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

I believe you've hit upon what actually happened to ChaosArgate's Gamecube.

"You want to play a fun game? TOO BAD, Waluigi time!"

I'm kind of curious if any other Gamecube games are affected like this by the Waluigicube, or if it's just this one.

Like I said in the OP, the only other game that was officially released that fucks up like this that I've seen is Majora's Mask. I've gotten MK64 working though and that's hosed up! Maybe for a quick one-off thing we can take a look at that.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

ChaosArgate posted:

Like I said in the OP, the only other game that was officially released that fucks up like this that I've seen is Majora's Mask. I've gotten MK64 working though and that's hosed up! Maybe for a quick one-off thing we can take a look at that.

Hm, if it's just the two of them, the problem must be in how your Gamecube's graphics card is handling the N64 emulator used to make the Master Quests (it's coded into the disc). Independent coders have used that emulator to create Gamecube versions of a handful of other N64 games, so if you're feeling like getting nuts and somehow have access to a blank, writable mini-DVD, you could see how the Waluigicube affects Kirby 64, Duke Nukem 64, or some other stuff.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

EclecticTastes posted:

Hm, it must be haunted

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

What you need is one of those blindfolded speedrunners that can tell you exactly where you are and how to proceed from just a few audio cues, as long as they keep their eyes closed.
Mainly, because I think if they opened their eyes, their mind would shatter from the sight of what's happened to their favorite game.