Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Amazing how you guys named every Poe Sister but Amy (who it was indeed). Also I cannot wait to see how hosed up the Phantom Ganonndorf fight is if the Forest Temple is getting this hosed up just trying to get through Amy, Joelle, Beth and Meg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Whatever the hell is wrong with this world, it's getting worse.

Can't wait to see the water temple.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Black Robe posted:

Can't wait to see the water temple.

I feel like there's a small but notable risk that this could make reality collapse in on itself, destroying Hyrule and possibly even our own world :ohdear:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

That block pushing puzzle for the last poe was legit hard to watch. I don't think I've ever failed it, that was the first time I've seen what actually happens. I think I would've just reset the room because I know the layout for the first position so well.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
Oh god, that poor block pushing puzzle. This is incredible.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

bike tory posted:

That block pushing puzzle for the last poe was legit hard to watch. I don't think I've ever failed it, that was the first time I've seen what actually happens. I think I would've just reset the room because I know the layout for the first position so well.

The few times I failed it on the first try, early on, I'd just go ahead and push them into the solved position I was about to get, then wait three more cycles for them to flip back to the original side.

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames
I frankly find your lp scarier than bendrowned or whatever creepypasta of the week is currently popular this time because your game is ACTUALLY REAL and you've no clue as to why it is at all. Terrifying.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 27, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
You were good at the hitball part of the Phantom Ganon fight!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm just glad the game lets you continue at zero hearts, dying is an unnecessary barrier to unskilled gamers imo

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Me, watching this video: "Okay, Phantom Ganondorf is as bad as it gets, right?" / [Deku Shrub appears] :supaburn:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Don't play tennis with lit fireworks, kids.

also I lost it at Tony Huak.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Edit:

Oh whoops, I just realized I edited Wednesday's episode into the post of the last one, so here's episode 10.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I think I'd tap out here, I've played the game a million times but always get lost in this room even without running around below lava level in a haunted cartridge :ghost:

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Ya dern speedrunners and yer not knowing how to play the game normal-like when you need to. You drop bombs over cliffs by pressing A so the bomb drops a bit in front of you. The shield drop plants it between your feet.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Start speedrunning OoT Randomizer seeds, you will memorize layouts and movements through rooms real quick.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hey, we're getting back to streaming this at 8 EST, so about 20 minutes from now. We'll be picking up from about halfway into the Water Temple.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChaosArgate/status/1203478644305346560

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008
Just breaking my lurker status to say I'm loving this LP - I'm both amused at how broken the graphics get, and amazed at how well you can keep playing when everything's obscured (the picture puzzle especially - wow!). Keep up the good work - I'll try to catch your stream next time!

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Yeah this is one of the few Video LPs I can tolerate watching. (Nothing against quality of said LPs, just my brain vastly prefers reading over watching.) I mentioned it during the stream, but it's impressive how a corrupting z-buffer affects so much. At the same time, the things that aren't broken show a little bit on how the technology at the time was put together.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

That was pretty much what I expected. And next is the water temple, which I've been looking forward to since I saw how mad this was :allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

So I don't know what happened, but I don't have the raw recording for this session, meaning this was stitched together with the Twitch VOD, which means that there's an audio hissing that I just cannot get rid of for this session. This encompasses this episode, and the next two, so hopefully its not too unbearable.

Black Robe posted:

That was pretty much what I expected. And next is the water temple, which I've been looking forward to since I saw how mad this was :allears:

I'm sorry to disappoint, but we're doing the trading sequence today. :v:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I want to say that wasn't a frog but Abaddon from SMT.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
What are you even doing that your twitch audio is so bad but the actual video audio is fine?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

What are you even doing that your twitch audio is so bad but the actual video audio is fine?

I think its my audio set up, honestly. I use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 with an Audio Technica 2020 mic, but there might be some electrical thing going on that's introducing the hissing? Next time I stream I might use a separate mic entirely for stream audio to see if that helps in the slightest.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It fits, it's like another step along the way in reality itself being torn apart.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Hunt11 posted:

I want to say that wasn't a frog but Abaddon from SMT.
Maybe we now know what's wrong with Argate's Gamecube.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Compared to everyone else, Ruto looks almost normal.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Have not watched the latest episode yet, but I had to doodle the reaction to large frog.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

And this concludes the session with my awful hissing. Earlier today I tested an idea I had for making the streams themselves more presentable and it seemed fine, so hopefully it should be alright for the rest of them.

SystemLogoff posted:

Have not watched the latest episode yet, but I had to doodle the reaction to large frog.

:allears:

Abaddon-frog is amazing!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Just a heads up, I'm gonna take a break from uploading til the new year since I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow. This goes for all three LPs I'm currently running, so no matter where you see this message, I hope you have a great rest of the year, and hope to see you all back when we pick things back up next year!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

And we're back! Also, we may or may not try to do a stream tonight, but no promises, things might be a little hectic on my end today.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

The void is a lovely soothing shade of lavender in the water temple. I like it.

At least you know this will be (probably) the worst part over and done with.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChaosArgate/status/1213977272975265797

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Featuring everyone's favorite Zorld item; the Fire Shovel!