Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

ChaosArgate posted:

I won't say no to doing a one-off thing sometime down the line, but I did have something else in mind too...

https://twitter.com/ChaosArgate/status/1231781798784520192

Yesssss.

Drakenel posted:

Man, get every decent adventure and platformer you can think of for your haunted gamecube.

Also this. It's a brand new genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

L is Real 2020

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Love Ganondorf repping the curtain cape like he’s Carol Brunette coming down the staircase as Scarlet O’Hara. :thumbsup:

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Drakenel posted:

Man, get every decent adventure and platformer you can think of for your haunted gamecube. Whatever makes the Z buffer in these games flip the gently caress out is definitely hardware at this point.

I feel the need to clarify here because I've heard this mentioned a few times, but whatever the issue here is, it's definitely not the Z buffer. The job of a Z buffer is to figure out that when multiple objects are rendered on the same pixel, which of the objects remains visible and which gets overwritten. A broken Z buffer would have all the geometry rendered correctly, but with incorrect 'layering', so eg. the object behind Link would appear in front of him.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Zanzibar Ham posted:

So it only affects N64 games on the Cube?

I believe Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time run on the same engine. So that explains a lot here.

...now what other games use that engine?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Before anyone gets any ideas about making me try the N64's entire catalog, the GameCube's N64 emulator is incredibly limited and runs like... 8 games, counting the two Zeldas and Mario 64. The others are:

code:
Mario Kart 64
Pilotwings 64
Star Fox 64
Wave Race 64
Hercules The Legendary Journeys

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Well, that last one just seems out of place.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
And yet, I can say I've played all of them at some point. Interesting.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Time to brush up on your Kevin Sorbo, then.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Commander Keene posted:

Time to brush up on your Kevin Sorbo, then.

DISAPPOINTED

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Keep your eyes peeled on this space, we maaaay be doing a stream in an hour’s time.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hey we're doing the Mario 64 stream!

https://twitch.tv/chaosargate

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hey we're going into overtime now!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

...good grief, Luak got off lightly compared to Luggi.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

"Put the chat in sub only mode."

I knew it'd come back to sandwiches eventually.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011
For what it's worth, a hard mulled cider would intentionally be served hot or warm, and it's amazingly cozy.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

"Mulled" wine or cider means warmed and spiced, that's like saying "yeah I serve my hot chocolates hot and chocolatey"

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I'm going to mix things up a little bit since its Mar 10 today so here's the last leg of Luugi's adventure! I could probably do one more stream of weird N64 nonsense from my GameCube with the other games that run on it, so keep an eye out on this thread for whenever we're doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011

bike tory posted:

"Mulled" wine or cider means warmed and spiced, that's like saying "yeah I serve my hot chocolates hot and chocolatey"

Didn't know that. Just figured I'd recommend a good drink. I regret nothing.