Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

bike tory posted:

Can't shake the idea that Luak is actually Waluigi in cosplay

I believe you've hit upon what actually happened to ChaosArgate's Gamecube.

"You want to play a fun game? TOO BAD, Waluigi time!"

I'm kind of curious if any other Gamecube games are affected like this by the Waluigicube, or if it's just this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

ChaosArgate posted:

Like I said in the OP, the only other game that was officially released that fucks up like this that I've seen is Majora's Mask. I've gotten MK64 working though and that's hosed up! Maybe for a quick one-off thing we can take a look at that.

Hm, if it's just the two of them, the problem must be in how your Gamecube's graphics card is handling the N64 emulator used to make the Master Quests (it's coded into the disc). Independent coders have used that emulator to create Gamecube versions of a handful of other N64 games, so if you're feeling like getting nuts and somehow have access to a blank, writable mini-DVD, you could see how the Waluigicube affects Kirby 64, Duke Nukem 64, or some other stuff.