Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

My GameCube is haunted, that's the only conclusion I can come up with. On a whim, I decided I wanted to try playing my old Ocarina of Time Master Quest disk on my GameCube using my brand new GCHD device (totally not a sponsored LP). When I booted it, I was met with this:

hosed up, right? I've seen a lot of poo poo in my day from various Chaos Mode hacks, so I naturally decided to see how far I could take this mess. And because I've been so desensitized to stuff like this, we're doing this live on stream, too! The decision to do this as a full-on LP production came after the first stream was done, which is why that's being presented as a direct stream VOD instead of my usual style.

Off-camera too, I've done many experiments to try and figure out what point of this process is breaking down: I've foregone the use of the GCHD to use the system's composite out to see if the GCHD was the problem (it wasn't); I've tried the disk on a Wii to see if the disk is scuffed up weirdly causing strange read issues (it wasn't); I've tried ripping the ISO using the GameCube to see if it booted weirdly in Dolphin, which got me a broken ISO that Dolphin seems to think is a Korean disk? I even tried booting a clean rip of this ISO and Majora's Mask rom the Collector's Edition disk and they both booted with the same weird z-buffer issues, so I can safely say that the problem lies with my GameCube. I did eventually manage to rip the file from my disk that contains the Ocarina rom, which boots in Dolphin without issue, so whatever is going on, its exclusive to my GameCube.

This will be a casual stream LP, which means that every so often, maybe once a week, and episodes will be chopped up from the recordings. If you've never played Ocarina of Time before, maybe go check out a different LP, such as the one Faerie Fortune did with me 5 years agoholy poo poo its been 5 years, because this is absolutely going to be a run that assumes familiarity with the source material.

Stream 01

Stream 02: Chiledhod's Ned

Stream 03: Lsot ni eth Owods

Stream 04: Dre Tho Ratrce

Stream 05: Luak's Shdao
(Editor's Note: The raw recording for this stream was lost, so these episodes were made using the Twitch VOD, so there's an audio hissing that cannot be removed)

Stream 06: Gruda Frtass

Stream 07: Bnga Bango

Stream 08: Te dgen

Bonus Stream: Super Luugi 46

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Reserved

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

We're gonna try for a Wednesday-Sunday upload schedule with this one.

ManxomeBromide posted:

I attempted to load the video and as soon as Youtube got the page up my system immediately bluescreened.

:allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

I wonder if this counts as a corruption stream?

I've been tagging these with "Corruption" on YouTube so I 100% count them!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

I believe you've hit upon what actually happened to ChaosArgate's Gamecube.

"You want to play a fun game? TOO BAD, Waluigi time!"

I'm kind of curious if any other Gamecube games are affected like this by the Waluigicube, or if it's just this one.

Like I said in the OP, the only other game that was officially released that fucks up like this that I've seen is Majora's Mask. I've gotten MK64 working though and that's hosed up! Maybe for a quick one-off thing we can take a look at that.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 27, 2019

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Edit:

Oh whoops, I just realized I edited Wednesday's episode into the post of the last one, so here's episode 10.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hey, we're getting back to streaming this at 8 EST, so about 20 minutes from now. We'll be picking up from about halfway into the Water Temple.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChaosArgate/status/1203478644305346560

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

So I don't know what happened, but I don't have the raw recording for this session, meaning this was stitched together with the Twitch VOD, which means that there's an audio hissing that I just cannot get rid of for this session. This encompasses this episode, and the next two, so hopefully its not too unbearable.

Black Robe posted:

That was pretty much what I expected. And next is the water temple, which I've been looking forward to since I saw how mad this was :allears:

I'm sorry to disappoint, but we're doing the trading sequence today. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

What are you even doing that your twitch audio is so bad but the actual video audio is fine?

I think its my audio set up, honestly. I use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 with an Audio Technica 2020 mic, but there might be some electrical thing going on that's introducing the hissing? Next time I stream I might use a separate mic entirely for stream audio to see if that helps in the slightest.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

And this concludes the session with my awful hissing. Earlier today I tested an idea I had for making the streams themselves more presentable and it seemed fine, so hopefully it should be alright for the rest of them.

SystemLogoff posted:

Have not watched the latest episode yet, but I had to doodle the reaction to large frog.

:allears:

Abaddon-frog is amazing!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Just a heads up, I'm gonna take a break from uploading til the new year since I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow. This goes for all three LPs I'm currently running, so no matter where you see this message, I hope you have a great rest of the year, and hope to see you all back when we pick things back up next year!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

And we're back! Also, we may or may not try to do a stream tonight, but no promises, things might be a little hectic on my end today.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChaosArgate/status/1213977272975265797

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Apologies for this being late, I ended up being really busy yesterday and this slipped from my mind.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

We're also tentatively doing a stream tonight, starting at 8-8:30 PM EST! The current plan is the second half of Spirit Temple.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChaosArgate/status/1221609629509201921

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Black Robe posted:

Some of your voices were really quiet in this one, not sure if it's on my end or not.

Nah that’s more on me. Cocommentator audio for this LP is whatever Elgato Sound Capture grabbed through Discord, so if someone’s sitting away from their mic or something, they won’t be as loud and I don’t have any ability to adjust that.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

And that's all she wrote! Thanks for sticking by with us through this bizarre fever dream!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Black Robe posted:

That was a glorious end to a wonderful journey through Luak's time-travel-scrambled madness, telling the epic saga of a sentient evil cape that was eventually defeated by some sort of goblin with the ability to ignore floors.

And then Missingno spawned over the credits.

I still have no idea how any of this happened, but thank you for sharing it with us.

I hope someday you change your mind about Mjorjor's Msak.

The nature of how Majora's Mask runs on GameCube makes changing my mind on doing a full run of that incredibly unlikely with how unstable it is, especially since I have to do it on real hardware so I don't get save states to mitigate random crashes. I won't say no to doing a one-off thing sometime down the line, but I did have something else in mind too...

https://twitter.com/ChaosArgate/status/1231781798784520192