Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Getting in on the ground floor of what is sure to be one of the most legendary editions of this thread yet.

Here is a picture of Jo Swinson holding milk. May it grow wings and fly :redflag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy

TwoShanks posted:

So as a (very) long term lurker I'm pumped as hell for the election. I've been drinking and listening to union songs all evening and just joined the IWW Cymru, canvassing tomorrow, and joined the Momentum volunteers group. Sorry this is a bit white noise, which is why I don't post, but let's do this. I'm actually optimistic for once.

Post more! It's not like the thread regulars don't post a ton of white noise poo poo too. I'm also a longtime lurker of the thread who recently decided to actually start posting in it and guess what? It's easy as gently caress.

This place has really evolved into a special little community over the years, and it's a real pleasure to be a small part of it.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy
Shitposting is just extremely online banter mixed with old school trolling, I never thought it was a particularly hard concept to grasp. An easy skill to learn but one that takes a lifetime to master.

Creasing at that Laura K clip though (and the bodying she's getting in the replies from the aforementioned master shitposters); in a way it's a relief to know that these people are still so far off the mark. The minute a BBC journo responds to a tweet with a "much like your posting" is the day we all have to pack it in and start over again

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy

DesperateDan posted:

The debate itself was very badly planned and executed and the moderator was weak so a lot of it was confusion and rambling and the audience not knowing when to clap etc- about half the actual time was entirely wasted.

Corbs didn't pull his best performance but made no severe fuckups, boris still came off worse because boris.

This is pretty much how I feel about it. The debate was poo poo both in planning and execution but it didn't really need any decisive blows or insane smackdowns from Corbs in order for it to be a success for Labour- they just needed to give Johnson enough rope to hang himself on his own bluster and thats exactly what happened.

Absolutely nobody, not even himself, believed a single thing that came out of his mouth- he was getting openly jeered by he audience and everyone saw right through his shtick. To nobody's surprise he treated the whole thing like a panel show performance; his attempts to pivot everything back to 'Get Brexit Done' looked like he was attempting to set up a poo poo running joke that fell completely flat and even by his own standards Jezza completely outplayed him with the wittiest line of the night. He looked like a clown and it's clear that everyone's getting extremely tired of him.

This was one of those cases that fuels the old adage that 'oppositions don't win elections, governments lose them'. Corbyn didn't necessarily win tonight but Boris definitely lost.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy

Barry Foster posted:

Sounds like I missed absolutely nothing last night then.

Is it just me or does this fact check thing have Cummies' webbed hands all over it

Absolutely.

They just had Raab on BBC Breakfast defending this poo poo, claiming that it wasn't misleading at all, that it was necessary for "someone to call out Labour's lies" and then immediately dismissed a statement by FullFact calling them out on this poo poo by saying that they were "scared of competition".

I know I'm just pissing in the wind by saying this but seriously, what a loving oval office. They have absolutely no shame.

On the flip side they also had Dawn Butler on who did a good job of articulating the whole "it doesn't matter what Jeremy thinks, it's about what YOU think" line wrt the 2nd ref. Really hope they manage to hammer this line home over the next few weeks.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy
I think we can all agree that no matter what happens on the 12th that Iron Mike's Last Stand easily takes the award for most entertaining election subplot. The #RemainWithMike and #GapeForVictory hashtags are a treasure trove of comedy gold.

E: This lad's been knocking it out of the park as "Official Spokesman for Mike Gapes" too

https://twitter.com/MrRichardMiller/status/1196919739425136645?s=19

pablo gbscobar fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Nov 20, 2019

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy
Lmao, just tuned in to the last couple of minutes of Politics Live and was immediately greeted with the glorious sight of Chuka with a deer in the headlights look desperately trying to explain why the Lib Dems were cool and good, actually whilst a political cartoon of Jo Swinson as a squirrel was being broadcast on the screen.

Never ceases to amuse me how he just waltzed right into the LDs and immediately Jafar'd his way into becoming Swinson's No.2. He won't get the blame for it but it's quite obvious that he's got a major hand in all their brain genius manoeuvres that've been backfiring so spectacularly on them and I'm enjoying his downfall almost as much as Mike Gapes'

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy
My Twitter account just got locked too without any stated reason given. I don't even have that many followers or post a huge amount, I'm just in the same general posting sphere as Bane, Wario, RP etc and most of you lot that are active in Twitter.

I'll admit I probably wasn't doing myself any favours by changing my username to 'TORYSTOMPER666' but I'm surprised that I managed to even appear on the radar of whoever is responsible for this. Some real dark forces are at play on Twitter, makes sense that they'd eventually come for leftist shitposters like this seems as we've been among the most vocal and effective vanguards of the movement online for quite some time now.

E: probably not a coincidence that this all happened on the day of the manifesto launch either

pablo gbscobar fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 21, 2019

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy
Amongst Jo Swinson's many, many other mistakes throughout campaign I find her embrace of the 'girly swot' label to be particularly baffling. The original usage of the term was aimed at Cameron, it had absolutely nothing to do with Swinson or anyone in the Lib Dems at all, and the fact that she's tried to 'reclaim' it at all just comes across as really stilted and weird considering it wasn't even a particularly offensive or memorable remark to begin with.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy

Full on cackling at this in the break room at work. Absolute god-level shitposting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy

Gwaint posted:

What an absolute farce of an interview this is

Literally came to post this word for word. Neil shamelessly trying to bully him into obvious gotchas.