Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Welcome to November, UK Goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

OwlFancier posted:

I strongly disagree, it is now, and always. You don't pack it in because you either won or lost.

Sure, but if they replace Corbyn with anyone to his right I ain't voting for 'em.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

OwlFancier posted:

That seems self defeating.

Labour, as a party, has acted in such a way that I do not trust that it will accommodate the left should Corbyn be replaced. I do not trust that they will continue to advocate in a way that is worth my support. To a point - if losing Corbyn will bring the support of the moderate labour voters who have been driven out back then my vote will hardly be missed.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Communist Thoughts posted:

unless like 300,000 lefties leave the labour party or the PLP manages to stop people voting for the leadership I don't think the labour right is taking control of the leadership anytime soon

Its a matter of messaging. Milliband was 'the left' in 2015 and I voted Labour then but wouldn't now.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Chuka Umana posted:

Wait you're not voting Labour?

Good to see you have the level of reading comprehension I expected you would have

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Chuka Umana posted:

I'm asking if you'd still vote Labour if Stephen Kinnock was your MP

Would depend on whose leading the labour party at the time.

team overhead smash posted:

Corbyn's been hampered by years of infighting and smear campaigns from centrists within Labour. I don't think we can exactly say he was given a fair shout by a lot of the PLP.

Which is why I have changed my Labour voting stance. Back under Mills it was vote labour because the conservatives and libs are bastards, unify at all costs.

Not doing that again when its so clearly one sided.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Venuz Patrol posted:

why do centrists always post like this

Chuka Umana's posts always reek of 'the left needs to mollify the moderates' and i'm stating that bringing those moderates in will result in some leftists saying gently caress it - and I am one of them.

If that makes me a centrist I don't particularly care. Voting won't solve anything on this hell island anyway.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Have you thought of voting for the MP that best represents your views, within your constituency, rather than pretending it’s a presidential election?

Its a democracy, I get to vote however I feel for whatever reason I like. The loving moon told me that its Corbyn or leftier and who am I to object to a celestial body?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I mean, yes you get to vote however, just as you technically can choose to play a shooter by only moving, not aiming with the other stick. It’s valid input, but it’s not how the system is actually meant to work, and is the least useful thing to do for your constituency.

Well I mean it is possible that the leader of a political party has a significant input on what the party will do with power and I choose to use the leader as a proxy to determine whether it is worth the effort to vote.

Meant to work, what absolute bullshit. Democracy isn't meant to work. It's meant to prevent us from putting heads on blocks, and it does that job just fine (atm) regardless of how we choose our votes.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Chuka Umana posted:

The Guardian had an article in their live blog earlier today about how Labour is under performing in the polls in London and it gave me bad anxiety.

Your name and your posting reek of lib dem piss, coward

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Wish the pissflaps thread hadn't been goldmined so quickly...

My post that earned a probation was the set up and the punchline was going to be the picture of the "What are you going to do, stab me?" stabbed man quote.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Shitposting is my birthright and I shall be defied only by the mods.

And should they ban me, my shatposts shall remain - to stink up the threads of yesterday for the internet historians of tomorrow.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Bardeh posted:

now I'm imagining Corbyn's search history

jam
jam making techniques
best new drain covers
unique drain covers near me
allotment tips and tricks
how to set up a gulag for 100,000 people

You don't dream big enough friend.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Z the IVth posted:

jam making in gulag

How to teach jam making in the gulag

Pounded in the butt by a jar of jam in Jeremy Corbyn's Gulag: An erotic story by Chuck Tingle.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

chestnut santabag posted:

No, that sounds about right for the Tory membership numbers.

160,000 and thats not counting the lib dems either

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

I don't see how

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Chuka Umana posted:

Regardless, Labour is done if they don't close the gap after the debate and manifesto launch.

Not even the broadband announcement has narrowed the gap. Commentators on UK polling report says Labour is finished.

Settle down pissflaps

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Fairly sure Trumps going to get reelected.

In fact I have more hope in our election then the US one as it stands at the moment.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Necrothatcher posted:

And we haven't even seen their manifesto yet

https://www.thetorymanifesto.com/?fbclid=IwAR1Nfvr9itQq1sQgzbdZtd8ee7S2f5cKgMPWeFwFWlHUeJks2V6SUz-TryI ?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Inviting lurkers to post more without adding the caveat that they not be twats might turn out to be a mistake.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Pochoclo posted:

nah you weren't going to be voting Labour anyway you're Just Asking Questions(tm)

Nooooooo - couldn't you just smell the good faith that post was made in?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Camrath posted:

Come on guys, we're better than this. If the guy is asking questions let's just answer them. Dogpiling only guarantees no chance of change, satisfying though it might be.

Tai posted:

Why in the loving loving fuckty gently caress would you want Diana Abbot in charge of UK special forces and MI6 and Mi5 along with the met? She is an incompetent dick splash

gently caress you both

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

blunt posted:

poo poo man, we're in an election period. It's better to answer bad faith questions with good faith answers than to tell people to get hosed, even if just for the prospect of changing a lurkers mind and not projecting a "hard left are just as bad as the fascists" image, even if it'll do nothing to change the OP's opinion.

I believe referring to Dianne Abbott as an incompetent dicksplash is vile and should not be entertained by the posters of this thread. And the posters making good faith replies are welcome to.

Telling me not to tell the poster to gently caress off? No and gently caress you thirdly.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
It is unfortunate that the bottom of our society, judged by economic worth, was effectively culled deliberately by government policy but by god the economy*

*actually would have done better without austerity, the poor suffering was the point. It was always the point.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
If pollsters had a reason to want a Labour government we'd be hearing about it loving constantly.

No poll matters. If you allow a poll to demoralize you then it is doing its job.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Yeah, whats the loving point of it all?

The polls are the polls and the vote is the vote and it will go how it goes.

Do your election poo poo, ignore the people who want Labour to lose.

If a conservative government happens again (enough to pass brexit) then whinging about the polls now isn't going to loving stop it.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Bundy posted:

What does your horoscope say?

A good tarot reading might help if the horoscope seems vague.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Josef bugman posted:

Wait, so the guy was on day release, the guy who tackled him is also a murderer and may very well have been throwing away actual coke in that baggie. Jesus loving... what?

Great Britain is a land of contrasting shades of hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Maugrim posted:

That explains why I saw a petition on Facebook asking Labour to step aside in that constituency. If those numbers are real I wouldn't totally be against it - lib dems are tories but they may be slightly less awful tories than Raab.

Strategic voting is a poison that rots the core of our country.

Those labour voters aren't owed to the piss dems.

The most important thing isn't stopping the conservatives, it's electing good people - If you wear yellow on your coat you have piss in your heart.