Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Uh oh

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1189869743630630912

We've hosed it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Continuity RCP posted:

I can't find her articles

Just follow the Wikipedia citation

Headline greatest hits include 'Diversity is Diverse', 'Stop pandering to Muslims', 'Is modern art a left-wing conspiracy?' and 'Christmas is banned! Or is it?'

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HorseLord posted:

I've never been chased out of UKMT

Yes you have you oval office

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jose posted:

this definitely needs to be in some labour adverts

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1190191764738428929?s=20

Fair play, LBD have actually done a decent advert there

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oof

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OwlFancier posted:

I'm not sure the article can beat the picture:

You fools, you have not seen my final form! :ssj:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jabby posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1190225958353166337
Boris can't scrap his deal. He's trapped.

Of course, TIBFJC.

:gritin:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That campaign map is the dogs bollocks.

e: We already thought that Getvoting was bad but now they've gone too far!

https://twitter.com/mikegapes/status/1190020184603541508

Rarity fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Nov 1, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Angepain posted:

As VideoGames is clearly a pink blob from Planet Popstar and I'll hear no contradictory evidence, I looked up what Kirby's official gender is (localised male, but not specified in Japan) and found this very useful diagram on Wikipedia

thanks, wikipedia. this has nothing to do with UK politics but i feel this information is important for all.

I think this means a Kirby has the ability to change its gendered characters based on its nutritional intake

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OwlFancier posted:

I think that's more kirbonetta.

Ahem

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Angepain posted:

Come to think of it, it might be a good idea for the OP to contain a general reminder to keep good care of your own mental health as a top priority. The election period is going to be stressful for a lot of people and it can often feel like you're obliged to pay attention to all the bad stuff that's happening and go above and beyond your own capacity for doing stuff to help, but wearing yourself out and ruining your own mental health isn't actually a good thing to do or to aim for. it's okay to switch off for a while and come back stronger. something along those lines, maybe put some numbers to helpines, even.

Agreed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1189979721544732672

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

This thread just got too hopeful, shut it down

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Podcasting is Praxis Episode 11 - Swindling Here! is now available for consumption.

I hope you all enjoy it!

I had a blast recording this ep, friends. Obviously I'm biased but I think it's a really good one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Angepain posted:

i can't wait until everybody in the forums has kirby avatars and the forum just becomes a kirby fansite with occasional derails about politics

Be the change you want to see in the world

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ms Adequate posted:

Also if you lurk you HAVE to post now, I'm saying it and I'm trans so if you don't do it, it's transphobia.

All the lurkers in this thread should :justpost: imo

e:

njsykora posted:

I'm glad the podcast went less than 2 minutes before getting the general erection joke out.

I'm happy to provide this valuable service :patriot:

e2:

Ms Adequate posted:

(My favorite part is Rarity but that's because I have a crush on every trans girl)

:blush:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Nov 2, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NLJP posted:

I am also a lurker and want to hank you regulars for the thread, I've been in hospital since early September and keep dipping into this hot bullshit and it is a good? distraction.

I should check out the podcast. Anyway, here we here we fuckin go, let's get the reds in finally

I'm sorry you've been in hospital so long, bud :( Hope things are getting somewhere.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
e: Wow no idea how I managed a double post that bad

Rarity fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Nov 2, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
On my way to the Corbs rally. Weather is a right pisser

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh yeah, someone asked about doing admin for Labour? Whoever it was, are you in Bristol? If so I'll email the organiser, if not I'll see if they fan put you in touch with your local team.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jam Man on now and already cracking jokes, you love to see it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just spotted that Jezza's poppy is askew. How can this traitor show so much hate to our glorious Britane!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Corbs going in deep on environmental issues, planning a green industrial revolution

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Corbs going in deep on environmental issues, planning a green industrial revolution

He just floated including environmental regulations on foreign imports which is a fantastic idea

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Very proud of all the UKMT goons who have taken the decision to :justtrans:, may this trend long continue

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ThisBunkCannotSwim posted:

That was me, thank you! I am, Bristol West to be exact. Not sure what the best why to pass on details is without getting doxxed? If you have PMs, I guess I could maybe bite the bullet and throw Lowtax some spine coins...

I do have PMs. Alternatively jump into the discord and message me on there :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Azza Bamboo posted:

👏 we're back and we're ready for it all over again.

https://twitter.com/bagelpicbot/status/874702862730833921

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Transphobes won't listen to facts or reason so just tell them to get hosed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Why does the working class, the largest class, not simply eat the other class?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Angepain posted:

Do we go with theys or th'all? important decisions for the next generation

The plural for they is they, it's like with fish or sheep

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guavanaut posted:

Fish and sheep are nouns, so you can usually tell by context, there are sheep in the field, there's a sheep in my back yard. There's a fish missing from my pond, there are not enough fish left in the sea, I had fish on Friday.

As a pronoun it's more useful to be able to distinguish between thou and you, or you and y'all, and same for they, because context might be ambiguous.

Well fine, take a glib post made without any forethought and make a serious response why don't you. Hmph.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Braggart posted:

I agree, it would be very useful to have plural Raritys :)

Sacrilege! I am unique!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That last line is a delicious unintentional self-own :allears:

Someone with video editing skills cut out all the middle and turn it into a meme

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OwlFancier posted:

We didn't really get much of a chance, the few people I got to speak to were ardently convinced that voting made no difference or that there was no difference between any of the parties.

Just depressing, people start from an assumption and then backfill it with fact shaped phrases to support the assumption, and there's no good basis on which to change any part of that.

If you're getting discouraged try to think of it as a numbers game. The data says that we need to knock on 2 million doors during this campaign. Every door you knock on brings us closer to that number and even if it doesn't seem like it when you speak to people now by the time it gets to election day enough people will respond to it to get the win.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Azza Bamboo posted:

Someone locked me in a cage at a party in a private members club

:frogon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hey folks, the Podcasting with Praxis crew is getting together tomorrow evening for an election strategy meeting. We're going to be working out exactly how best to tackle the next 6 weeks so if you've been dragging your feet on getting involved this is a great way to jump in. Just get on the Discord and join the party! And I'm going to put out a special plea here to the lady and enby goons in the thread, please please save me from being the only non-dude in the group :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Hey folks, the Podcasting with Praxis crew is getting together tomorrow evening for an election strategy meeting. We're going to be working out exactly how best to tackle the next 6 weeks so if you've been dragging your feet on getting involved this is a great way to jump in. Just get on the Discord and join the party! And I'm going to put out a special plea here to the lady and enby goons in the thread, please please save me from being the only non-dude in the group :ohdear:

I was dumb and forgot to say the time for this! It's tonight at 7:30pm, come join the pod :D