Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
https://twitter.com/BBCr4today/status/1191264886778712066

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Communist Thoughts posted:

Also Lindsay Hoyle is not nearly as female as I expected

Fleetwood Mac did a lot to dispel nominal gender norms back in the day. Show people a picture - one of these people is called Lindsey, the other is called Stevie. You can go your own way.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Just want you to know how much I hate you far reminding me that Fleetwood Mac existed and we're dogshit. You swine.

I half-expected you to post a response like this, I just didn't think it would be so soon. It's reassuring that you hate them, put it that way.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

The butterfly meme, but "Is this purdah?"

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

The original concept of shitposting would be old enough to vote if the voting age had been lowered, but it would spoil its ballot paper by writing "its cold outside and i didnt bring my nice wool mittens" somewhere in the bottom corner.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Here's the full quote from her on this:

quote:

ET: I think, beyond the bluster and so on of this announcement, if we look at actually what there is [the Tories are] saying, they're essentially saying Theresa May made an announcement that she would change the law when she was Prime Minister - she didn't do it - and they're going to do it, but their main purpose is to stop vexatious and unfair actions, and who could be against that? I don't think that personally you need to change the Human Rights Act about that-

NR: You think there is another way of protecting veterans?

ET: Yes, I mean the, in the end it will be for the prosecuting authorities to decide when they prosecute and when they don't prosecute, and of course they shouldn't allow for vexatious or unfair actions.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

I recognised this as a few months old from the "your fault as the opposition" line, it rankled then and it rankles now.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Through existing at the same time as Ed Sheeran I have observed that the entire goddamn planet loves a redhead.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

The Tories have carte blanche on immigration, it's a weird catch 22 where they have no intention of letting their goats 'scape, but as they're seen as the party of anti-immigration, as opposed to their revolving door rivals, they can say what they want to their racist base, never go through with it, and never receive a backlash from it.

Which is why it'll be a massive pity when Labour announce their anti-immigration measures, as nobody on the left wants it, and nobody on the right believes it.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Another example of satire seeping into reality:

Election candidate to change name to 'Mr Clacton Brexit' posted:

AN election candidate wants to legally change his name to Mr Clacton Brexit in a bid to ensure 'Brexit' remains on the ballot in the town.

Andrew Morgan, 52, from Clacton, was left upset after Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage announced the party would not be standing in 317 Conservative-held seats - including in Clacton - at the General Election.

Mr Morgan now wants to change his name by deed poll to Andrew Morgan Clacton Brexit and will stand for election in Clacton.

He hopes the new name will appear on the ballot paper, but it is understood election bosses are looking into the legality of the move.

If it is not accepted, it is understood Mr Morgan will stand under his own name as an independent, although he said he has been offered the chance to stand for two other parties.

The ex-soldier and dad-of-two, who runs a firm restoring classic vehicles, had supported Brexit Party candidate Matthew Patten before he withdrew.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

So to you lot an 'ice cream cone' is when someone serves you double cream from the freezer?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

tbf to Sam Coates you can tell from following his reporting that he loving hates Boris Johnson and a lot of the Tories

like it's really funny how many Tory-leaning journalists have come to HATE those cunts in the past year or so

Yeah his tweets used to be posted pretty often in here and I wondered how/why he was working for the Times, then one day @SamCoatesTimes became @SamCoatesSky and it turned out either he or his employers wondered the same.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

On This Day The Times, March 20, 1992

A major news story featuring Prince Andrew, the month before a general election, at a point in time where the Tories had long outstayed their welcome. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself that closely.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Camrath posted:

Half time I'd put Corbz slightly ahead, but he's not been at his best. People seem to be getting sick of Johnson's poo poo though.

Corbyn has been the least bad of the two, rather than the better.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Must be the Noel Edmonds round, nothing but Gotchas.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Better second half from Corbyn, but the debate definitely had ITV Primetime all over it.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Samovar posted:

Is there another debate happening?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_United_Kingdom_general_election_debates

Two or three big ones and a whole lotta others.

E: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/jeremy-corbyn?page=258 - Page 258 of the Guardian's articles on Corbyn.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Bundy posted:

I've only seen this term in the best football forum on the webs (The Wagatha Christie aka The Bung Piepit aka The Yohan Kebab aka The Ray Parlour) so which one of you was this?

https://twitter.com/nandi_naira/status/1197807654963466240

:laugh:

This is "melt" all over again.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

I keep forgetting Twitter has proper advanced search capabilities, could be useful.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/799492912

"until:" instantly reaping dividends

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Corbyn's been briefed on the whole Brexit thing then, he's now "neutral" on whether to back a Labour deal or Remain.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Based on tonight you have to imagine the papers will be attacking the 'biased' (pro-Labour) BBC as they don't have much else to work with.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

https://news.sky.com/story/saturdays-national-newspaper-front-pages-11867631

Turns out while a couple of papers are finally addressing climate change by going Corbyn Neutral, most are simply pretending today never happened.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Jose posted:

for anyone like me who didn't see it momentum are doing some great cuts

Nice to see Mark Steel on their feed, he was obviously anti-Tory but that doesn't always translate to pro-Labour, let alone Momentum-adjacent.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

TheRat posted:

Mark Steel is probably to the left of Corbyn/McDonnell

For someone who writes for the Independent and who I've seen play in a charity cricket match, that's quite something.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Look at the numbers on that, America's been having words.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Had a brief look for some Pidcockery, nothing damning but this piece from December 2013 is fairly interesting, if only for the names involved.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1199305726050492420

Good lord.

Good lord.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

RIP, pouring a knob of butter out.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Necrothatcher posted:

Btw, here's the article Liz Truss is trying to use to deflect attention back onto anti-semitism

Yeah spotted all this business a couple of days ago, seems people have been labelling Corbyn as an anti-semite since 2012, so again it's nothing new.

E: Here's a certain someone defending him at the time:

https://twitter.com/MichaelRosenYes/status/194492589003640833

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Johnson's dad is right, as we established recently the public consume nothing but worthless trash.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

crispix posted:

I'm not debating the point that he was in fact an enormous scumbag - he was notorious in part of town for being so. It's just the point at which it is acceptable to shoot a person dead that I'm interested in, however enormous a scumbag they may be.

Pissflaps isn't coming back, accept it and move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I feel like open and honest horny with no judgement or pressure would be radically good for society

Attempting to eliminate sexual harassment by making it a societal norm is certainly a radical approach.