Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

blunt posted:

Surprised Theresa isn't standing down.

Given the legal trouble he's been having, Count Bedpanhead (no relation) could maybe stand in her constituency instead of Boris' and finish the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

pablo gbscobar posted:

Getting in on the ground floor of what is sure to be one of the most legendary editions of this thread yet.

Here is a picture of Jo Swinson holding milk. May it grow wings and fly :redflag:

You see this milk? I'm going to steal it from these children I mean give it back to them like a nice human.

As soon as the cameras are gone.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Grey Hunter posted:

Jezza waiting for the first post brexit day polls as much as I am.....

Look at Corbyn pretending to hold his phone like some kind of literally left-leaning charlatan. Why can't he literally lean right for once.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

alphabettitouretti posted:

Seeing a lot of "I'm voting lib dem because they are the party of remain!!!" on twitter which is pretty disheartening.

All that's going to result in is a lot of lib dem candidates killing lab chances of beating the tories, just so they can come in 2nd place.

But I might be able to parlay a distant second place into an extremely minor media position! Or not because by then I've served my purpose. But it's definitely worth a shot!

Piss is winning here!

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

HorseLord posted:

The thread is mostly social democrats, except for a guy who got so over-eager about chasing out a communist that he accidentally did holocaust denial.

HorseLord is well placed to comment on the thread because he keeps getting chased out of it for being a oval office. His vague accusations are entirely credible.

You do know that communists do the chasing in this thread, right?

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Jose posted:

It's cool that oakeshott still gets to be on question time regularly

https://twitter.com/shahmiruk/status/1190193340899348480?s=19

Can someone who wouldn't have to have some coffee and then peer at a tutorial please snip out Oakeshott saying "This is propaganda" and then loop it TIA.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

HorseLord posted:

I've never been chased out of UKMT, and in fact i don't know who you are

if you've got archives you can look back through my post history and find the entire conversation i was alluding to if you want. said holocaust denier justified himself as "challenging tankies on their bullshit", which, you know, is a hell of an excuse for insisting the nazis didn't gas people in vans

does tintower still post in here? i know a lot of mileage was gotten out of that coconut thing

Of course you don't know who I am, because I am not a noisy oval office like you. I'm merely someone who had to read your shite and is glad you're gone.

You made the accusation, you dig it up. And I wasn't suggesting it was false, I said that it was uselessly vague. As are you.

And good job, arguing that an unrepentant racist should be quietly forgiven despite refusing to acknowledge or admit fault really helps your cause.

As for:

HorseLord posted:

I've never been chased out of UKMT

Would anyone like to fact check that?

Oh, here we go:

Rarity posted:

Yes you have you oval office

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Jose posted:

this definitely needs to be in some labour adverts

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1190191764738428929?s=20

Oh my god, I am never going to live this down. I'm never speaking truth to power again!

This is really going to take some of the old Cummies magic to sort out.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Jose posted:

andrew lilco coming out in giving back all the stolen property in british museums shocker

https://twitter.com/andrew_lilico/status/1190208399406960641?s=20

Also giving back the commons. Good job Andrew.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

CGI Stardust posted:

can't believe he's in favour of returning $120 trillion in stolen gold and silver to South America. welcome, comrade!

A good point which you have made at the start of page 120 trillion.

Edit: Ooh pretty birdies! :3: :swoon:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I'm not sure the article can beat the picture:

Which American megachurch was this photo taken in?

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Labour are trying to do that with the Common Ground Trusts but it's a much slower process because of the amount of horse trading and development that has gone on since their original theft. It's more like a branch fell in your yard and I stole it and then paid some poor Scots a pittance to carve it into a horse and then sold it to someone else and they paid a decorator to carve to my darling wife for our 10th anniversary and then they died and left it to their kid and now their kid's selling it for ten times what they bought it for.

Yeah I saw that and it sounds awesome. The first part of your post, not the second ;)

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1190183346040705024

Seems they need to have a big campaign to get broadcast rights.

What the gently caress, this never happened to me before? How can the media say no to this face?

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Parody of Jeb! by using a pointless piece of punctuation for a pointless party's pointless politicians

Braggart‽

My policies include

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

a Tory PM when he's seen skulking in the corridors of a hospital.

:gonk: But where else am I going to get my cadavers and soon-to-be-cadavers (which includes healthy people)‽

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

"we've been diddled out of our vote."

Vote Tory!

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

But Chuka is in charge of writing the Lib Dem manifesto, which is extremely relevant and believable and not at all full of worthless lies! And neither is he, by the way! :mad:

Braggart fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Nov 1, 2019

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Superterranean posted:

I don't think it's particularly meaningful to ask what would happen if a Labour government did something it's pretty much said it won't do.

You'll never get a job in the media with that attitude.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Sanford posted:

Goes directly against their stated aims though. Can anyone name a Lib Dem policy other than “stop brexit”? Best way to achieve that is by not standing candidates in marginal labour seats with a strong remain vote, where they themselves have no chance of winning. Tbh I think it would be good for them; start rebuilding some of the trust that was so badly betrayed with the coalition.

code:
Does not compute.
Everyone should trust Pissbot because it is stretching its face analogue and exposing its cutting tools.
Pissbot has done nothing wrong.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

I know it's gauche to quote yourself, but that isn't going to stop me. At the end of the last thread I posted a question that was ignored because I posted it at the end of the last thread for the purposes of irony so that when most people saw it the thread would be locked:

Braggart posted:

If the UKMT was locked and only Guavanaut or Pissflaps could start a new one, who would you vote for?

But there's a better poll on this matter right now. Go vote in that :D

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

There should be a ditch in front of Boris' podium.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Oh hey, I have an avatar. I browse with avatars off because ADHD and distractions ooh shiny, so I didn't notice at first. Was that you BobbyDeluxe, or did my dithering allow someone to steal a march? :D

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

You know, I think one of the motivations for BREX to contest every seat was that it allows more of them to get in on the grift. Nige still gets the lion's share, but it's a trickledown trough.

:mrapig:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Rarity posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world

Be the Change you want to see in the UK.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

ronya posted:

worth reflecting whether you would consider Starmer or Thornberry or Rayner unacceptably too liberal; they're all positioning themselves in case Corbyn gets crushed at the polls in December and does the honourable thing

none of these people have Corbyn's surviving-veteran-of-battles--when-Thatcher-was-PM stripes. Also, unlike political veterans who are still around four decades later, they have more viable rivals and more enemies made in relevant political questions rather than old, buried ones.

Yes, Corbyn killed and ate his rivals long ago. This was before he switched to vegetarianism, which gave him his other superpower:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

I am supremely pumped for this game, chaps! I've got my rugger togs on and I'm ready to knock over some children!

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It was me, as was Chuka's. Yours because that last longpost was both good and resonated with me, and Chukas because I couldn't believe someone nabbed that username. I do not have anything like enough money for this though, and my wife is probably going to start ask questions if I keep doing it.

Well thank you, it's lovely. And I live in Scotland, where we do always thank the bus driver :D

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Ratjaculation posted:

everyone everywhere thanks the bus driver, in scotland you go that extra mile and give him a handy too which is why buses are always late.

And why the bus accidentally goes that extra mile.

Angepain posted:

torn by the new edinburgh buses with the separate doors for leaving, slightly more efficient but also makes it difficult to thank the driver without shouting across the length of the bus, and it just doesn't do to make a scene now does it, what would society think

I moved from London to Edinburgh 4 years ago, so I kept accidentally trying to leave buses through a nonexistent second doorway. Then when I'd got used to that the new buses with their second doorways confused me :D

Also at first the whole thanking the bus driver thing was a surprise to me. I was used to the social mores of London i.e. be a harrumphing oval office ;)

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Post more you seem on the level as h*ck

Angepain posted:

looks like a post about uk politics in the uk politics thread to me, go right on ahead. :justpost:

pablo gbscobar posted:

Post more! It's not like the thread regulars don't post a ton of white noise poo poo too. I'm also a longtime lurker of the thread who recently decided to actually start posting in it and guess what? It's easy as gently caress.

This place has really evolved into a special little community over the years, and it's a real pleasure to be a small part of it.

Tesseraction posted:

Good on you!

All lurkers are welcome.

Except the one at referendum.

Tesseraction posted:

Welcome! Post more!

Please, all lurkers, we're only lovely to each other because we know and love each other. Join the love!

This is all just further evidence of how cliquey and exclusionary the UKMT is. Question the hive mind and you're out on your ear, with no chance to defend yourself other than the ability to continue posting in the thread! Just because I'm a oval office does not mean that :words: :shrek: :gizz:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Also welcome lurkers! :wave: I was one myself for a long time, but now that I've started shitposting I can't go back! :v:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

CGI Stardust posted:

welcome, lurkers! please snuggle yourselves into thread much like this fairy wren

don't worry about white noise. here is a very small and round birb (long-tailed tit) for you to look after, to take your mind off it. some call this birb the "flying lollipop". they are wrong. do not pay attention to them.

A long-tailed tit is what you get when you wear a nipple tassel.

Also WHO'S A FLUFFY LITTLE BIRDY FACE? :3:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Junior G-man posted:

Shameless Saturday morning plug :dance:

Saturday morning cartoons! :dance:

And they've made a podcast! :dance:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

The text visible in the Tweet is absolutely correct that the elites should be hearing alarm bells when a populist message resonates with the people so much that even the party of the elites, led by a man who typifies the elite, are joining Farage in aping the message.

I assume that's what the article argues.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

I think we should have means tested car parking fees at hospitals to address the issue Peter Walker has raised.

Or would that be a silly waste of time and money, much like Peter Walker?

Edit: We should charge those who can afford it 17 pennies to park so that they will not do so frivolously.

Braggart fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Nov 2, 2019

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Collateral posted:

A ban they would reverse 10 seconds after winning presumably.

But if we win we can argue that even the Tories understand that fracking is not worth the problems it causes, so we should go further.

:getin:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Angepain posted:

What's this guy's plan to stop hospital parking being a "subsidy on the rich"? An elaborate means-testing office attached to every hospital parking lot determining whether you're poor enough to get free parking?

No, that's my plan. See the top of this page ;)

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Q: Blibble wibble blop?

I'm not interested in Christmas. We have a clear Brexit to get message done and deliver the emissions that people voted for in the scaremongering - 20,000 new trade deals, more gridlock for parliament, and investing in the privatisation of the NHS.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

ronya posted:

whether or not the local hospital charges fees on its damned car-parks or even just reserves it all, every single one, for staff, or steamrollers the whole thing for a dining area or a creche or a 12ft statue of William Beveridge, seems like an ideal question to devolve to the local trusts

No it doesn't all that should be centrally decided to not be poo poo.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

A Brexit Party MEP was caught sharing anti-Muslim content on social media, says Tory MP.

I approve, he continued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Angepain posted:

I think the debates should be a big mess of all the parties all yelling at each other. I say this because I think televised leadership debates are bad in the first place so they might as well go all the way

I say cage match. Corbyn's the fittest of any of them.