Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Oh dear me posted:

Depressing Labour's vote specifically also makes voting LibDem or Green a bit less obviously stupid. If you think Labour can't win anyway you might think it's ok to vote expressively, rather than effectively.
Also more directly with inaccurate polls you can start recommending absurd 'tactical' votes, such as Lib Dem in Kensington, which are very obviously intended to sabotage a slim Labour majority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Can't believe Dumbledore was a Slytherin all along

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

You just get used to however much you make. 100k doesn’t go very far if you live somewhere expensive and have okay cars and holidays and stuff. A lot of friends who are very wealthy still struggle if they have time off just because they get used to doing x and y and become complacent. Probably why footballers and stuff go bankrupt because they enjoy the lifestyle and never really think about it.
I think this is a real point in favour of progressive taxation. Being poor makes you miserable, but being 'a little bit more rich' once you're earning a comfortable amount of money doesn't significantly improve your life even if you get to buy more stuff.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

People who post about politics online tend to be very set in their views and unpersuadable, but a good number of people are not that engaged with politics and can be talked around at least to some degree surprisingly easily. For example you can easily debunk some things like the entirely made up £2400 per year stat.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Lady Demelza posted:

They don't believe Labour can pay for their manifesto, and don't see how they can nationalise stuff, they hate his reluctance to use nukes and believe he negotiates with terrorists.
Labour is the only major party with a tax plan to raise the funds they need for their policies. The Tories are costing all theirs against the imaginary 'Brexit dividend' while the LDs are putting theirs against the equally absurd 'remain dividend'. If they care about balancing the books they should be voting Labour.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Is there a reason why way more people would've moved house in the past 2 years than the 2 years before 2017 or the 5 years before 2015?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Don't US anti gun control advocates tend to make the opposite argument, that concealable pistols are the most used/useful for crime and that they should leave high powered rifles alone?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

"Most of the things I did last night did not relate to murdering my wife"

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Boris Johnson is more of a coward than May.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's on the same order of magnitude as what the other parties are pledging, breaking it down into hours and minutes is just to make it seem scary to people who don't understand you can have a bunch of people working on this in different parts of the country.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's hilarious how hard the Tories are shrieking about this. There's clearly no bias, they would've done the same to any party leader who ducked it.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Positive movement, this was done after a negative news cycle for Labour too.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If the attacker was wearing something that looked like a bomb vest then you can't take the risk of allowing it to be activated when surrounded by members of the public. I'm glad that the attacker was stopped relatively quickly and hope that the victims can recover.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The video is really shocking, I can see why it's generating some debate.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

drat Chris Morris went a bit too far with this viral marketing stunt

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Guest posted:

It didn't hurt Labour too badly last time there was a there was a terrorist attack on London Bridge just prior to an election.
Yeah. There were a bunch of ghouls coming to the thread to crow about it but Corbyn actually has a much better line on hot to stop terrorism than status quo liberals do

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Joining the party is a good idea, you get updates on volunteering opportunities too.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/nadinebh_/status/1200850733387698176

Andrew Marr will make absolutely no mention of this, bet you anything.
Sorry there's no money to prevent people from being stabbed to death in broad daylight

Jfc this blood is on Johnson's hands, gently caress him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The BBC did a bunch of features about how pointless voting is just before the registration deadline