Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We're gonna smash the fuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I genuinely do like this solid 5/6% of the population that is just hard powerbottom.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

Anyone with a Torygraph sub wanna post this? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/31/labour-clicks-gear-lib-dems-may-live-regret-election/

saw the headline and wanted to know if it's sufficiently fubpee bashing or just BREXIT ROOLZ

I'm not sure the article can beat the picture:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If the big screen was actually a giant wall of CRTs and set into a concrete wall, jo swinson would make a perfect 1970's supervillain.

Jo swinson go on evil genius 2 with your doomsday project being to accidentally brexit.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Behold the power of my stand!「 WINNING HERE

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Poison Jam posted:

gently caress the tories

:yeah:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bump_fn posted:

swinson must know that shes just out there to split the vote? does she care?

Does a liberal ever care about anything but themselves?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you do doorknocking is it uncommon to do it in pairs?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Might be willing to try it then, my main reservation is I'd feel a bit weird hassling people at home on my own.

Might actually get to meet some of my CLP too.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Maybe I'm biased by my family but it's surprising to me that people don't just scream at you to gently caress off if you knock on their door without delivering them something.

If you are delivering they wait till you give them the package before screaming at you to gently caress off, of course.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Rarity posted:

I think this means a Kirby has the ability to change its gendered characters based on its nutritional intake

If kirby inhales an ann summers do they just get... extremely gendered in all possible ways?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think that's more kirbonetta.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh my god that's actually true, kirby is the perfect marxist.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Thanks i hate it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wasn't expecting that, certainly.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

I am not entirely certain, and believe not. But then there's the legal question of "what if they do so without asking parliament, and the EU agrees, but the supreme court LATER rules it unlawful"

I suspect that it would have to be revoked by the same process it was invoked, and it was invoked via an act of parliament IIRC.

Not least because the PM cannot unilaterally overrule an act of parliament.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Eschenique posted:

Okay but can we agree that if say....PM Corbyn cancelled Brexit.

His opponents and some supporters would probably condemn him for the rest of his life. But would a parliamentary majority be willing to start up article 50 again? Or would they just be content to be rid of this hot potato?

Brexit is a poison chalice so I doubt any politician worth their salt would want to do it, but idiot fringe parties desperate for power would probably bang the drum on it.

Also in that instance the tories would be an idiot fringe party.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Superterranean posted:

I don't think it's particularly meaningful to ask what would happen if a Labour government did something it's pretty much said it won't do.

I mean, people would still wail and gnash teeth if a second referendum returned remain so it is sort of relevant.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Embrace the optimism, it's good for you. You can go back to being a miseryguts if we lose, but until then you get to be heckin mad.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Qwertycoatl posted:

eh, all three parties have candidates everywhere, it's not some conspiracy

It's perhaps relevant when your entire electoral platform is "we want to stop brexit"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Clearly voting labour makes you poor.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Downside I guess is that farage makes boris look moderate by comparison.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

I don't think there's many people who want "hard brexit, but wait not quite that hard please."

No, but it makes boris look less like a loving moron when farage is frothing and biting his pint glass.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the airtime will be good for labour regardless, our biggest strength is when people get to hear us unfiltered.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Surely the monkey hangers don't actually vote tory...

E: Yeah what the gently caress? The kippers came closer to beating labour than the tories did lol.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 1, 2019

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

mila kunis posted:

Should labour pull off a win in this election would Corbyn's agenda be hobbled by blairites?

I think if he wins the election the left is going to be much stronger than it has been hitherto and there's likely to be hell to pay if people don't get in line. Like labour actually wins a majority and you're still working against it? Not a good idea, I think. Though I still don't think he'll try any purges, but the party itself I think is likely to move further left over time as MPs are replaced.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is it killing everyone who needs it?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Chuka Umana posted:

Not saying that as an attack on Labour, but I have little patience for people who will try to re-litigate this election in the coming years by blaming it on the media or Farage or whatever if Labour loses.

The left should really appreciate the importance of this election, it's either now or never.

I strongly disagree, it is now, and always. You don't pack it in because you either won or lost.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That seems self defeating.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If politics voyeurism is your fetish I'm quite content to oblige but otherwise please come scream into the void with the rest of us.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pesmerga posted:

I got wrecked at a party last night, but apparently I convinced a few Lib Dems to vote Labour :getin:

Do you think this process is scalable?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pesmerga posted:

I got wrecked at a party last night, but apparently I convinced a few Lib Dems to vote Labour :getin:

Do you think this process is atemporal?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

All I'm seeing is if you get drunk enough it might be possible for labour to win the 2017 election.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If only there were some technology that existed to stop people staying in car parks all day without charging them for it, and if only the technology had an option to let people stay longer if they check in somewhere.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not sure fracking is "a revolutionary source of cleaner energy"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How the gently caress do people keep falling for goddamn bobby sands PHD.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

XMNN posted:

I had a read through his thread and I'm still none the wiser as to why free hospital parking is a subsidy to the rich, other than that poorer people are less likely to own a car

is there a cut-rate parking scheme for low-income people?

do poor people not get ill?

do their families not visit them?

Probably some dumb poo poo about "well unless you means test it rich people will use it too and therefore nobody should get it" written with the intent, of course, of denying it to poor people.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Angepain posted:

Also is anyone else getting Error 502 Bad Gateway all the drat time. The posts do still seem to be going through when that happens so watch out for that

Sever's on the fritz I think.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Qwertycoatl posted:

The more I look the worse it gets. I just noticed that the table with the cup on it is too far to reach from the chair

Wait gently caress that's him... I thought linsday hoyle was a lady and she'd just taken a photograph of her senile dad or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you aren't doing cum tributes on a picture of the queen are you even english?