Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Also do not understand the new thread title, but it is early-ish.

Had a dream last night that someone on SA praised my posting, woke up lmaoing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Surprise T Rex posted:

"You say no billionaires, Jemery but you yourself have up to 3 millian poonds!"

I feel like people just don't understand how much more money a billion is than a million.

Sanders did a pretty poor job of messaging this himself by talking about "millionaires and billionaires" through 2017, until it became obvious he was himself a millionaire and it was edited to "billionaires". Still love you senpai Bernie.

This is where we need a new Carl Sagan to explain large numbers to people. Definitely not NDT

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Pretty funny and factual for a Tory

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Looking forward to everyone getting pumped up for what will end up as essentially a longer version of PMQs minus most of the posh braying noises.

Jez will make Jòris cry and the Guardian will adjudicate it a draw

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Sie sind sehr vieldeutig.

while the "du/Sie" thing is dumb and ideologically incorrect, it's pretty clear 99.9% of the time from context as far as I'm aware

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
This excellent new twitter account takes excerpts from Reeling In the Years, Ireland's no.1 historical retrospective documentary show. Thought this one was good here

https://twitter.com/ReelingDotJPG/status/1190380526252838912

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ratjaculation posted:

One of the people in the article has had their fingers in my mouth.

You had Oz Katerji's fingers in your mouth?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

We've just slogged through the past 5 years of every poll of every major political motion being wrong to hilarious degrees. Please stop touching the stove.

I will never stop poll-touching

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lol

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The "U gay?"-MT

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/Ciara87C/status/1190799037806600192?s=19

https://twitter.com/TheUKMovement1/status/1191278818327252994?s=19

:thunk:

UK can't die quickly enough imo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Sanford posted:

I feel this way about "queer". To my mind it belongs in the same stable as poofter and shirtlifter, and no matter how much I'm told it's been reclaimed I can't ever see myself using it, just in case.

Never even understood shirtlifter tbh. Can't imagine anyone ever using it without getting the piss ripped out of them

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

"oi ya pants haver!" "yu fukken hatman"

Reminds me of a mate who was at a street letterbox, when a car went by and someone shouted "posting a letter, f****t" at him. The mind truly boggles.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Now we're talking nonce-sense

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

Just want you to know how much I hate you far reminding me that Fleetwood Mac existed and we're dogshit. You swine.

:wrong:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

Should clarify, they were fine until Peter Green left, then they turned into soft rock tedium

Although that's the common opinion from dads who read Melody Maker, it's actually the opposite way around. If I never hear Albatross again in my life that's fine

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
That Ch4 thing about Seumas Milne being the Devil looked insanely poo poo even though I only saw the last 2 minutes.

I'm glad Pissflaps died, but I'm sure he's already re-regged and probably posting ITT. Be on high alert, the next post you could see could be racist garbage (not this one, starting from the next one)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

WhatEvil posted:

I actually don't know that much of Toto's music except Africa and Rosanna, but they also wrote most of Thriller, so they are good.

Well, Steve Porcaro wrote Human Nature, and they played on the whole album, but Rod Temperton was the real songwriting genius of that album. Also wrote "Boogie Nights", and the stone cold classic "Gimme The Night" for George Benson.

Toto have some absolute belters though, "I'll Be Over You" is way overlooked.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

abelwingnut posted:

feel like stephen fry has to be very good and very cool

:yikes:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Only took a couple years to realise that you need to dumb it down to this level for the stupid loving clown public.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Worth really pondering the mental health implications of having to go to work most days and be surrounded by braying Tories. loving hell these guys are made of sterner stuff than me

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Vitamin P posted:

It is genuinely surprising that they're blaming dead victims of a widely known tragedy and firefighters, those are two pretty easy to defend groups of people.

The only part that actually surprises me is that they seem to be trying to turn it into an election tentpole.

I mean I hope they quintuple down on it over the next few weeks and reveal the depths of their ghoulish depravity in full, but it's still truly weird timing

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

xtothez posted:

What's most amazing is that the fieldwork was finished early last week, before the pre-election campaign even started. Let alone the formal campaigning starting today.

Edit: also with 31% Labour votes that leaves 69% non-Labour. Nice.

Why are multiple people unable to distinguish between LAB and LDM

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

OK I think I finally get this Canada joke: Canada is a straight line above the USA so those cartoons with the cuts are sort of like that with the Canada bit jumping about.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah I know, I'm in the remedial class today.

South Park just animated Canadians like that, probably because they thought it was funny when they were high, and the general low-rent nature of the animation in early seasons of SP

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

:stare:

:staredog:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

:frogout:

But also

:getin:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Pilchenstein posted:

Can't believe Tom Watson is gone, just want to run to him etc

feels like absolute poo poo man

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/shockproofbeats/status/1192029681408761858?s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Very motivated to vote Tory by this video of Alexander Jòris dePfeffermint Bonestorm walking extremely slowly through his house

https://twitter.com/MarinaHyde/status/1192366103827230723?s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Not the best sign when you can't even get your own staffers to agree to the use of their image in your promo video :v:

Most of the comments also focusing on the optics of a video where the PM is depicted with his back to the viewer, leaving No.10...

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Apart from extreme edge cases like Wuppertal* there's no justification for any kind of suspension railway, monorail or other freaky deviations from boring old "wheels on two rails". This poo poo Just Works, and anyone selling anything different is a conman.

*Wuppertal used the river as the right-of-way for most of their railway, and the suspension allowed the trains to swing, allowing them to have much tighter curve radii than conventional rail These problems have long since been solved in multiple much cheaper and more effective ways - just look at the DLR extension along Deptford Creek.

At least suspension rail presumably doesn't shut down due to the wrong sort of leaves on the track. Unless they're really the wrong sort of leaves, I guess

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

mehall posted:

I'm glad we could get something sorted for you.

Also, are we okay to say "listen to it on YouTube", if the intention was subtitles for hard of hearing?
I think we went with "enjoy" or "consume" the other night.

"CONSUME" sounds like some They Live poo poo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Get them to arrange a lift for you to the polling booth.

:hmmyes:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Strom Cuzewon posted:

-trix is a great suffix though, and if we must have gendered professions we should make them sound as rad as possible. Dominatrix. Aviatrix. Actrix. Doctrix. Mechanotrix. Archetrix. Primtrix Ministrix.

Think most of these are already Asterix characters

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Braggart posted:

And leave something stinky in the car so it's out of action for the day ;)

We're goons here, no props required

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 8, 2019

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I followed the link and it went straight to Jose's "Burnsy...Snrub...Burnsy...Snrub" post and fuckkin lmao

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

VideoGames posted:

Somehow I have never seen that simpsons meme thread and now I am at work, hunched up over my desk and trying to control this laughter from things I do not really get but are making me guffaw nonetheless. Holy moly. :D

Just looked through like 5 pages and seriously considering giving up reading about politics and just chuckling at Simpsons memes instead

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TTerrible posted:

The part that ruined me was the entire subsection of mashups devoted to the "Put it in H!" car dude.

Can't believe you would do Crazy Vaclav dirty like that

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Would be better if he was holding a wallet instead of a phone.

Or a cosh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

jabby posted:

"Na na na na, na na na Nando's, hey juuuuuuu-" [audio edited for length by Buzzfeed].

ftfy