Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFscYYRsNnQ

I'm listening to this song while thinking of the working class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

I mean I feel like they're somewhat right in the sense that this is really the best shot for radical leftists in Labour. There really isn't anyone to blame but Corbyn if Labour loses.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

ronya posted:

Skwawk sounds like it wants to blame John McDonnell already...

Not saying that as an attack on Labour, but I have little patience for people who will try to re-litigate this election in the coming years by blaming it on the media or Farage or whatever if Labour loses.

The left should really appreciate the importance of this election, it's either now or never.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

MrFlibble posted:

Its a matter of messaging. Milliband was 'the left' in 2015 and I voted Labour then but wouldn't now.

Wait you're not voting Labour?

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

MrFlibble posted:

Good to see you have the level of reading comprehension I expected you would have

I'm asking if you'd still vote Labour if Stephen Kinnock was your MP

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
https://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/10100

quote:

The first Sunday of the election campaign, and as you expect, several polls in the Sunday papers:

The Telegraph have a poll from ORB. Topline figures are CON 36%, LAB 28%, LDEM 14%, BREX 12%. Fieldwork was Wednesday and Thursday. While they’ve published some trackers on support for Brexit, the last time I recall seeing a voting intention poll from ORB was back in April, so changes here aren’t really relevant.

ComRes in the Sunday Express have topline figures of CON 36%(+3), LAB 28%(-1), LDEM 17%(-1), BREX 10%(-2). Fieldwork was Wednesday and Thursday, with changes from mid-October, at the time of Johnson’s deal.

The regular Opinium poll for the Observer has topline figures of CON 42%(+2), LAB 26%(+2), LDEM 16%(+1), BREX 9%(-1), GRN 2%(-1). Fieldwork was Thursday and Friday, and changes are from last week.

YouGov in the Sunday Times has topline figures of CON 39%(+3), LAB 27%(+6), LDEM 16%(-2), BREX 7%(-6). Fieldwork was Thursday and Friday, with changes from midweek.

Finally, Deltapoll in the Mail on Sunday (they’ll be running weekly polls for them for the campaign) have topline figures of CON 40%(+3), LAB 28%(+4), LDEM 14%(-5), BREX 11%(nc). Fieldwork was Thursday to Saturday, with changes from mid-October, just after Johnson’s deal.

Are you guys reading something I'm not? Tories still have as high as a 16% lead.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
The Guardian had an article in their live blog earlier today about how Labour is under performing in the polls in London and it gave me bad anxiety.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Oven ready Brexit!!

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAWcs5H-qgQ

Had a dream where this song randomly played and I have to admit as much as I hate Ed Sheeran this was a good song and a good video.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
WHERE'S MY GODDAMN LABOUR MANIFESTO!?!?!

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

StarkingBarfish posted:

Weed legalisation as part of the libdem manifesto?

I heard Boris is going to announce medicinal cocaine.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVcWo-W60lU

Alastair Campbell just did an interview with Bercow from GQ. He says Corbyn is not anti-Semitic!!

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

mehall posted:

If you were watching Question Time tonight, I was the guy with the beard talking about anti-semitism.

Did you defend Corbyn.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
real question: why do people act as if there are a ton of immigrants even though Britain is almost 90% white?

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Like seriously look through the demographics of these European nations and realize just how loving insane the far right is and how the media have shamelessly fueled their anti-immigrant rhetoric.

France is literally 92% secular/Judeo-Christian, hardly the Battle of Tours

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I'm just absolutely shocked from how divorced the current political dialogue is from actual reality, I mean, there just is no refugee crisis. It just doesn't exist.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Finding out what Skilled Wallets means is genuinely bothering me.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I think Skilled Wallets is some type of psychotic neoliberal scheme created by the Lib Dems to funnel more cash to the professional class.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
David Blunkett went from being a hard left leader of the Sheffield City Council to being a neoliberal hack for New Labour in less than ten years what the gently caress happened?

I know people mellow out with their radical politics as they age (except for Tony Benn) but the transformation of these New Labour types from the hard left days of the 80s to the neoliberal consensus of the 90s is disturbing.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Good morning UKMT

crispix posted:

If we lose this election we lose everything, don't we?

Yes, I don't think people understand what's at stake here. If Labour doesn't win, that's it for Britain. It'll become a neoliberal police state like Pinochet's Chile.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
https://www.france24.com/en/20190719-israel-spyware-firm-can-mine-data-social-media-ft

It's literally a known fact that Mossad takes huge amounts of data from social media, if you're acting surprised they're trying to smear Labour candidates I don't know what you were expecting.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
And surprise surprise the "noble dissidents" like lech walesa were as complicit in helping eastern europe become a colony of the united states as much as anyone else.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Phoebe Waller-Bridge: not funny

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

ThomasPaine posted:

She's alright but you have to go into it accepting that she's a very posh lady and her comedy reflects that. Fleabag had some great moments but lol at her cliche highly strung 'successful' sister randomly discussing her multi-million pound bonus as if that's a normal thing people do while she owns a trendy upmarket coffee shop and is extremely comfortable but this is somehow depicted as failure.

Who the gently caress wants to watch posh Brits outside of upper middle class Americans?

Also I loved the episode where her sister is complaining that she can be funny and make jokes to her boss and she doesn't need Fleabag to do it for her I'm like drat you rich people really have to pick at straws to find things to complain about.

Chuka Umana fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 9, 2019

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Remember when press freaked out over the jacket Michael Foot wore on Remembrance Day?

I don't, because it was in 1981, but I'm sure other goons remember.

Chuka Umana fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 10, 2019

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
You raise Corbyn with the kids and I'll raise Jo with the kids

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
real question: can anyone name a year in British history after 1832 that wasn't poo poo?

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Ms Adequate posted:

I have read both these articles and the mind reels and boggles, barely able and utterly unwilling to take in the information presented.

The trite thing to say would be this woman is bonkers, and I'm trying not to because I know some people with mental illness consider it damaging to use it as such shorthand; but it doesn't matter here as this goes far beyond mere mental disturbance, and would slander us honest bedlamites. It's like she's from an entirely alien reality where every single thing about human psychology, childhood development, and even the simple definition of "kindness" are vastly, incomprehensibly different. It isn't even 'opposite', it's all entirely unmoored from any frame of reference.

This is what happens when young people watch too many Victorian period dramas.

Besides, education below the age of 17 shouldn't be taken seriously anyway. It has almost zero bearing on how well you do in adult life.

Chuka Umana fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 12, 2019

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
You can't make a child work if they don't want to. I don't think people can comprehend the fact you cannot discipline a child into being more productive.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
LMAO nothing Labour does to help social progress counts.

Selecting a record number of candidates of colour? Oh well it just shows how much work has to be done cuz the TORIES haven't selected as many.

It's like whatever fuckstick at the BBC said that Tory policy was Labour's fault for not highlighting it in opposition, as if there was any chance in the last three years to pivot to something other than Brexit.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
lol if you think housing laws are enforced at all unless you have serious money to go to court.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
How are the Tories still at a 13% lead?

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
ummm, apparently the faculty at my university have referred me to prevent?

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Rarity posted:

loving hell, did they say why?

Apparently I made statements in class in favor of Islamic Jihad in Gaza which I have no recollection of. Hopefully this will all blow over.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
One of the signatories of the Guardian letter was Tom Holland, are talking about Spider-Man Tom Holland?

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Hello Urban Planning chat,

I have a question: what would you say is a good example of a "modern" (aka built in the last ten years) community in Britain? I'm just interested in seeing what new housing looks like.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
What the gently caress is with the 17% Tory lead in the Sunday Times?

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

serious gaylord posted:

Reminder the tories had about a big a lead a month before the polls in 2017 and look how that turned out.

Regardless, Labour is done if they don't close the gap after the debate and manifesto launch.

Not even the broadband announcement has narrowed the gap. Commentators on UK polling report says Labour is finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Happy 32nd anniversary of the King's Cross fire.