Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

is tonight the wrasslin I've been hearing so much about?

no blue anywhere? lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

zhar posted:

economics question, when the BoE says that there has been just under half a trillion in QE, is that the increase in the money supply or is it multiplicative due to fractional reserve banking?

they basically create money and buy bonds with it, so whoever they bought the bonds from gets that money and is able to spend it - so it's the money supply basically

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

what the hell was that music (not the T swift)

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Failed Imagineer posted:

Joris has been clearly coached not to say "ovenready" or "microwave-ready" but he clearly wants to. he's hungry

I hope he does... oh there it is

now corbyn can call it half baked

here's your snipe: BREXIT

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Failed Imagineer posted:

he's just making this face :thunk:

yeah they're uneven and the lighting isn't helping!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Failed Imagineer posted:

gently caress I never realised how grateful I am for the US debates where they prevent them from clapping after every statement

yeah this is trash

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

boris looking rattled, corbs smiling

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Ratjaculation posted:

Jeremy needed to answer the question. For real.

yeah I wish he'd just say even "maybe, depends, doesn't matter because YOU will decide what we do"

also I hope he makes it clear johnson is the one who pulled the brexit deal, not parliament

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

boris is getting mad applause just for delivering talking points, got some high energy cheerleaders in the crowd

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

agh stop lettting him talk

corbs hosed that one up

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

ThomasPaine posted:

hahaha johnson totally completely hosed that

how so? he lied and said there was no border and corbs went "b-but" and then let him lie some more

if you haven't been following the brexit deal shenanigans how would you know it was bs?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Corbs is doing ok but you know what johnson's like and he's not getting called out enough

also they get a weirdly short time for responses so fully half the time Julie Etchingham is shouting THANK YOU MR JOHNSON it's a real mess

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

lol johnson pivots a question on antisemitism to labour's brexit policy, some "holy poo poo" noises from the audience

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

100% guarantee johnson did one of those handshakes where he tries to crush the other person's hand

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

why's this guy delivering his question to camera this is awful

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

corbs really needs to hammer home that the tories have run the NHS for a decade and hosed it right up

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

hmm so higher corporation tax enables more investment you say

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

lol there's a QUICKFIRE round

"welll I " THANK YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

oh god corbs said epshtein this is gonna dominate twitter

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Deketh posted:

Some irredeemable cunts in the audience. Heckling over vulnerable poors

I feel like that's one guy the tories put there. Same one who goes HAH!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

That was absolute trash but Corbs managed to get some good rhetoric out there and there was a lot of applause for it, especially on the NHS and austerity

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

RockyB posted:

Jo;

Seriously. Dodged one hell of a bullet there. I actually really want to go back in time and kick that court, just so we get her strident 6th form prefect voice all over that shitshow.

God no can you imagine that garbage spread among three people. Even less time and Corbyn getting it from both sides with no chance to respond

How do you manage to make a 1-hour debate feel rushed. They had about as many questions as Question Time

And corbs absolutely should have answered that referendum question, he blatantly dodged it multiple times, he didn't even manage to connect the referendum as the reason why he wasn't going to answer. Like this is the one position he really needed to nail down, the one place Labour is weak and it's the entire line of attack the Tories have

I wanted to see him put Johnson on the defensive but he just gave him ammo to keep coming back to - if nothing else it made him look like he was losing an argument and Johnson was winning, and those optics are important

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

kustomkarkommando posted:

Jeremy paxman asking ed miliband if he was tough enough nooooo the memories are flooding back

2015: h-hell yeah I'm tough enough...
2019: *menacing presence so powerful people think it's a photoshop*

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Paperhouse posted:

One thing that stuck out to me in the debate: what's the deal (or no deal) with the Tories and Trump? Johnson said unequivocally that there would be no selling of the NHS to Trump (I think? maybe he said it in such a way that he could backtrack). I've heard of that potentiality but don't really know where it came from or what's going on there

what IS going on there?

he always says it, because he's a liar. the get-out is always "free at the point of use", which means they can sell off every aspect of the NHS and its provision so long as people can still use it without charge. Until, y'know, they decide to start charging

the reason corbs was waving around bits of paper was that there was an investigation done, where the government has been in talks (at least 6 times I think) with US healthcare providers specifically about opening up access to "the UK market". Trump (standing next to Theresa May) said the NHS would be on the table before walking it back, but it's true - in any US trade deal the massive healthcare industry would absolutely be lobbying them to make it a precondition to open up the NHS to private companies, obliterate negotiating power over drug pricing, etc. They've done it everywhere else and they'll do it here too. That's bad for the Tories so they just lie about it and talk about how much they looooove the NHS

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Josef bugman posted:

I wish I was getting nationalised.

It's hard isn't it, trying to hope for others. We all do it though, and I think we kind of have to in order to stay sane and reasonably moral. We hope that we all get out okay, we hope and try to meet up with people who love us and who we can love back and we spend years trying to not get hurt.

I wish I could let everyone know how much people can and do care about each other.

corbs is gonna nationalise all of us, it'll be like those Jehovah's Witness leaflets with all the people and animals living in harmony except it's because we got pointed at

he did pretty good in terms of getting on his soapbox too - the debate was rubbish but he managed to bang on about some important stuff like the NHS and austerity, student loans and the environment, got really prolonged applause after them so people seemed really receptive, and some tory also helped out by shouting out "oh here we go" when he was talking about flooding victims. some parts could have been better but he did some good campaigning on national tv!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

I've been wondering if maybe he didn't answer the "which way will you campaign" thing at all on purpose too...

like by refusing to engage with it, it means any followup the tories had planned has to wait, and it encourages johnson to keep going back to it. it's bad if corbyn can't answer it, but if people are sick of brexit it doesn't matter that much, and it makes johnson look worse for constantly making everything about brexit. since that's clearly the tories' whole campaign brand this time around, maybe encouraging them to fixate on it is a pro move

this and :miwk: :haibrow:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Scipiotik posted:

To me he answered it by saying that he was going to get a deal they were comfortable with the put it up to a ref as a deal v. stay and that they'd do whatever outcome won. He's basically saying that he wouldn't campaign on either side because he'd be fine with either result.

right but he didn't actually say that either way. The question was put to him directly, multiple times, and instead of outlining his thinking he just repeated the "you decide, we implement" bit. He knew what he was being asked, but he refused to even acknowledge it. It was a pretty blatant dodge, and they must have decided he should do it again, so maybe there's a strat in place to use that against Johnson. Or hell, maybe to encourage people to keep asking so they can keep talking about Labour's plan for a referendum and getting it sorted out

(I feel like Labour will campaign one way or the other depending on what deal they manage to get, but right now they're pretending not to hear the question)

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

they'll continue talking about indecisiveness which has been their other attack angle

yeah but they were always going to - like Johnson has been saying Labour doesn't even have a plan bla bla for ages now even when it's been set in stone as a Deal/Remain referendum. So if they're gonna do it, maybe you can swing it to your advantage? Turn it into a platform to push your message (and less senior members of Labour can be more explicit about what the stance will be, so long as corbs is still avoiding it they'll keep asking)

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 19, 2019

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

lol Maitlis absolutely hates Cleverly

I see the Labour bit was focused entirely on what Jeremy's personal position on brexit is though

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Paperhouse posted:

wow this is not the thread I meant to post that in, sorry!! thanks for responding no questions asked anyway!

but no, I don't have anything like that in the browser. I closed everything, opened a new incognito window and the same thing happens

everything sounds better louder, which is why you gotta be careful to maintain your overall volume level when comparing mixes. bass and treble become more prominent, which might be why it sounds higher quality. Not sure why it's going up though - I'd open yr windows volume mixer and see if anything jumps when you open the browser

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Jables88 posted:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1197533872310947846?s=20

Someone embed this tweet I don't know how. Jez drops shitloads of good stuff in 60 seconds.

Edit: Oh it does it automatically I am not good with computer

does he have some new glasses? they look very powerful and also extremely straight, but I dunno it might be the policies talking :swoon:

OwlFancier posted:

Isn't there... only one way you can chant three one-syllable words?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bop4rr6sUQo&t=8s

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Scikar posted:

If we allow MPs to send emails then they can vote remotely. It's not a secret ballot, any fiddling would be spotted very quickly when the affected MPs see their official tally counts them for the wrong side.

on the other hand "uh my voting app was hacked during that unpopular vote"

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

now this is shitposting

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Why's farage still being platformed? I still don't know if it's overall good or bad for labour but he's still gonna be on TV saying a load of shite and racisms

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Not So Fast posted:

I know we hate Laura K here, and with good reason

but booing her IRL is dumb and just makes the left look petty and vindictative, not like kinder gentler politics.

I just liked her standing there like a lemon while corbs took the high road

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

No that was Giles "nobody said anything before and suddenly everyone's saying it's weird?!" Coren

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 22, 2019

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

RockyB posted:

https://twitter.com/PeoplesMomentum/status/1198683460149358592

:perfect:

This is how you engage with da yoof. At least da yoof that watch mexican and arabic soap operas.

E: Full disclosure, in my experience arabic soap operas are best watched in Dubai with a bottle of duty free whiskey while trying to avoid the expats you've been working with all day. There's nothing like working with people who've been living in neo-colonial gated communities for the last 15 years. And funnily enough about 80% of the guys I was working with at the time supported Leave in the run-up to the referendum.

I think it's probably Hindi!

if any of you are ever stuck for a page snipe just type the number into youtube, you'll get episode 369 of all kinds of wild soaps

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

ThomasPaine posted:

Basically: burning the money creates an artistic work more valuable than the sum burned so it's not 'wasted', you should be more concerned about money actually wasted on superficial bullshit, which is far in excess of what is destroyed in the performance and which we are all guilty of to some extent.

I think you've put more thought into it than the dude did
- burn money is a religious experience, and very cool
- it's not for or against anything, but it is very naughty
- but also here's some reasons why it's actually good though, and not as bad as other things
- it's, like, living in the moment man... don't overthink it
- bla bla hope this sparks a conversation about money, or something

also from the site

quote:

Please support this event and all money burning events at our online shop.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

RockyB posted:

Caption competition yesterday was funny so let's have another one

"it's so magical, hearing a first-time renter moving in and knowing you helped make their dream come true"

superLINUS posted:

Can any goons do me a SocialistTech solid? Our candidate is on the local radio at 6 debating Andrea Leadsom, and it’s streaming on Facebook Live apparently. I won’t be home so is there anyone who could somehow record the stream for me and send me the video afterwards? We can use any good takedowns on our socials then...

what's the page, in case someone can jump on it? (I don't have the facebook eh)

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 26, 2019

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Andrew Neil's capable of doing a decent interview, but he's also more than happy to just lean on a gotcha for an entire segment and lazily ask the same question over and over even if it's been answered, so no real surprises!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

^^^ that old lady says "anyone who doesn't know they need longer shirts is an idiot" and the delivery is perfect, how do you misrepresent your own video this badly

forkboy84 posted:

If he was good at shitposting he'd have posted "This aged well". Almost as if he's not fully given into detached irony, the coward

Watching him get confused by Ash saying she wouldn't save a drowning pet dog because it's cold and she'd get someone else to do it was cute

"... I... I'm sure you would..."

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Nov 27, 2019