Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/dril/status/568056615355740160

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Re: international postal/proxy vote, I registered on Tuesday and was contacted by my local body on Thursday by email. From there you can scan and email a form registering for postal vote or proxy vote.

The woman emailing me was very nice but unfortunately it’s been over 15 years since I was registered. Time flies. For what it’s worth, my seat is very solid SNP so my single vote wouldn’t have made much real difference.

The fact that someone lazy like me tried to register and has easily gotten friends to register for the first time who are in much more competitive areas should anecdotally show there’s more momentum behind this vote than usual.

Convincing my low-engagement friends was much easier than expected too; there’s so many pros to discuss when the mandate is more progressive.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

RockyB posted:

Sorry but she's just a horrible moderator. Literally shouting down half the responses because they're only giving time for lovely soundbites.

Then another quarter is lost to loving audience applause.

Just getting around to watch this and agree entirely. This ultrashort answer format is so dumb. They’re barely given time for 2 sentences in most cases.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

a dude who would benefit more than anyone I know from the manifesto. I dunno, just a common refrain.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Actually, yes. Thanks, this is a pretty useful resource for that particular form of apathy. I'll keep chipping away.