Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

quote:

what the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/michael_chessum/status/1190242180109078531
This is actually slick as loving hell. Might even be motivated to go out canvassing rather than just chucking some cash.

this is cool but what moron created a map that zooms in on both left AND right double click. my scroll wheel is broken how am i meant to zoom

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

I'm from the area and at a cursory glance the new candidate seems to be a good egg? He was born in Furness at least.

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

Feel like pure poo poo just want him back (so he can resign again)

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

a pipe smoking dog posted:

No! Build more skyscrapers and turn the city centre into a souless hell hole! Bernstein and Leese command it!

Seriously though there are massive areas just outside the city centre which are begging for investment and building. The whole urban planning of Manchester is insane.

Playing 'Count the Cranes' is an excellent way to occupy yourself as you come down oxford road

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

Genuinely the concept of "the end of history" was the peak of ultra-liberal arrogance. We've won, and perfected politics, and things can only get better.

(Enter Stage Right: 9/11, the nature of capitalism, etc.)

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

Eschenique posted:

While I see your point this line of argument just would not fly at all. Anywhere.

Did he at least express regret or anything?

It's true though

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

Top tip if you want to ensure you never run out of podcasts, become a wrestling fan. Between The Sheets is usually 3 hours plus in their shorter episodes, Voices of Wrestling is usually around 3 hours a week, Super J Cast is around 2 hours, Wrestling Omakase is about 2 hours a week, ThROH The Years is an ROH retrospective which is only monthly but there's also a backlog of 40 episodes for you to make your way through and they tend to between 2 & 3 hours long. And then you've got stuff like Pro Wrestling Only who have so many historical focused podcasts, more than you can listen to in a life time.

Watch wrestling, listen to wrestling podcasts, never have a free moment ever again

The Attitude Era podcast is funny and made by 2 english lads and an Irish guy and they're good eggs

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

I heard the bus had homophobic windshield wipers

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

Gypsies and travellers seem to be the last ethnic group that racism towards is... accepted? by the general public. Even amongst some of my friends, progressive as they are, they can say some pretty virulent stuff about them.

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

me, opening UKMT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

CoolCab posted:

not the dry mouth as a symptom of intoxication, rather the process of smoking. it’s a problem with tobacco too- I think it’s also why you can get a dry socket?

I think that's more the negative pressure created in the mouth from the sucking

Oo er